Sponsored

How much dealer communications have you received?

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved mine the morning of 7/14, and received a dealer e-mail an hour and 20 minutes later. I sent a reply message introducing myself and thanking them, and received another e-mail minute later. So pretty good communication so far.
What dealer??

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Canned email almost immediately, and a follow up phone call the following Monday morning, then another canned email after the call.

Now that I am asking questions about markups and such he's only answered with a vague reply and now nothing. I know the owner of the dealership has a bad reputation so thinking might need to do the switch.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zip, nadda, and none initiated by the dealer...Peoria Ford (AZ). Called them and Iā€˜ll leave out his name, but I had to ASK him to please take down my name, number and add me to his contacts. He immediately and proudly shared that he was a new manager for sales (a first blaring warning sign of the turnover and low hiring practices). He clearly demonstrated to me verbally that he could care less. Not even worth typing me into his CRM or any follow up commitment at all. Asked for his direct number, he provided the main line. What a douche.

I am a sales trainer for a vehicle mfg. The ā€œnew manager of salesā€œ failed (horribly). Iā€™ll be calling the Ford Customer Relations number and changing my dealer ASAP.
Wow, that's pretty awful, but not surprising. I was in sales and sales management for years, so I'm particularly sensitive to bad practices and I don't spend money with people who don't earn it.

In my high-tech days pre-9/11 and again before the 2008 Great Recession, everyone had money and they were all buying. I think that turned a lot of salespeople into "order-takers" - they forgot that they might have to actually work one day. When that day came (and it did), they were at a loss. I think we're seeing the same issue right now: coming off a booming economy, salespeople who don't know how to sell. Some of them haven't realized it yet, but with unemployment benefits running out and mortgage and rent moratoriums lifted, the proverbial crap will soon be hitting the proverbial fan. They are going to have to work hard to make a sale, and that starts with proactively giving a crap about your customer.

I haven't heard from my dealer at all here in Colorado Springs aside from the phone call I made to them to make a reservation and the automated confirmation from Ford. Back in the day, if someone had contacted me about a $40K piece of hardware or software, I'd be all over it, so I don't know what's going on with some of these people. Once the configuration and pricing tools are up, if I don't hear from them I will reach out myself and if I don't like what I hear, I will be shopping around. Lots of choices for Ford dealers here in Colorado.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I originally reserved through a local dealer. I got an email asking to me to ā€proceed to the next stepā€ in ordering. Then another email a few days later wanting to know if I was still interested or if I bought a car from another dealer.

so I canceled this reservation and reserved through a different dealer. Iā€™ve had a couple of emails from the new dealer that indicate that they know the Bronco process.

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I received immediate communications from Park Cities Ford in Dallas. An automated email, a phone call, a request for the reservation number and then a response to my reply with a timeline of information.

I inquired about Partner Pricing and received an answer the following day - they will accept it if offered on the the vehicle - currently they have no details and are not able to confirm Partner Pricing will be offered for the Bronco.

Ultimately, I think they have communicated well. Ford has stated the launch won't deliver product the Bronco model options until August and pricing in December so I don't believe they are giving the dealers significant time to review before releasing on the Ford website.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wanted to ask my dealer a question before I reserved so sent a question to them about pricing. They called and I did get an email saying I had a reservation but with no related res number and it did not show in my "Ford" profile. I made a second reservation to be safe using the online option, got a number now but no further communication from "my dealer".

Come October 1 when I hope we have pricing more nailed down, I plan on reengaging with my dealer (Yoemans) and a few others (Mullinax, Bozard) and the one that gives me the best answers will get my business.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First with Brown Bros, then with Coastal
Gotcha, Jason from coastal said he was going down the listing reach out individually. He'll probably reach out pretty soon. I think he said i was around #48 and he had over 90 reservations.

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I literally got a call ten minutes after my reservation. Right when it rang I knew it was the dealership and I was you got to be kidding. Guy did seem very friendly and was just as excited as I was in reserving a Bronco. He said he would touch base once a month to notify me on updates.

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I placed my pre-order this morning at 8am & received a generic email from the dealer withing an hour.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed my pre-order this morning at 8am & received a generic email from the dealer withing an hour.
Ray was it from me? - Albert

I see a Des Moines resident on Rose..

I send that initial out so that you know and any question I am here or available at the contact information on the email as you need.

I will do my best to contact people but I cannot speak well on the phone yet...

Just released from the hospital last night and still trying to build strength back up..

Aubie

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wrote the 2 dealerships in my area asking about what pricing they will be doing; msrp, dealer mark-up, and so on. Never heard back from 1 dealership and the other just sent spam emails.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ray was it from me? - Albert

I see a Des Moines resident on Rose..

I send that initial out so that you know and any question I am here or available at the contact information on the email as you need.

I will do my best to contact people but I cannot speak well on the phone yet...

Just released from the hospital last night and still trying to build strength back up..

It was I, however no negativity was implied. Just chiming in. Thanks for the heads up though! Looking forward to getting a (hopefully) great vehicle from what I hear is a good dealership.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wanted to make sure you were not being ignored..

It has come down to Zach and myself to do the front end of this program and it takes huge amounts of time...

I used to live on SW Trowbridge just off of 9th and you would be just east of Union..

Anyhow we are here to assist you with this process at all steps.
Sponsored