Sponsored

How much dealer communications have you received?

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wanted to make sure you were not being ignored..

It has come down to Zach and myself to do the front end of this program and it takes huge amounts of time...

I used to live on SW Trowbridge just off of 9th and you would be just east of Union..

Anyhow we are here to assist you with this process at all steps.
Much appreciated sir! I do know where that is. I bet it's crazy with people from across the country coming to you!

Get better & thanks!
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much appreciated sir! I do know where that is. I bet it's crazy with people from across the country coming to you!

Get better & thanks!

Indeed and crazy is the car business mantra at times..

This kind of crazy I like!

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I never heard from the local dealership that I chose purely for geography.... after more than a week I reached out to them and after 3 attempts to talk to someone about pricing, ADM, X, etc I received a text message that said they wouldn’t over promise and under deliver... said that demand and allocation would determine price.
Then I placed a second reservation with Granger.... was worried about how easy moving the reservation would be and wanted options! Needless to say I won’t be using that dealer.
I had 2 emails from Granger within 12 hours of the reservation.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How much communication is everyone receiving from the dealer they selected during the reservation process? I have not received any emails from the dealer I selected, which is a little concerning to me. I know if I was a salesperson, manager, or owner of a dealership and someone was placing a reservation to spend $40k - $50k on a vehicle, I would be reaching out excitedly to them with open arms and welcoming them to the team. The lack of communication from them has me wondering what sort of service I will get from them in the future if I choose to buy from them. This has also increased the probability of switching dealers while I have the opportunity.
One pretty rude phone call.....

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got a short reply from the Sales manager, but I can’t imagine what kind of info I’d exchange with them a year and a half out.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a 2-door Badlands Bronco, I plan to get the 2.7L with the auto trans and the hard topper. That'll come out to around $70k after taxes in Canada. That being said, I had to call my dealership to initiate contact. If no contact from them by Oct 15th I will switch dealers.

Opstech

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 5th Gen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received a reservation email right away. The following day I received a call from Jim Burke Ford’s sales manager introducing himself. Later that morning I received an email from him telling me how excited he is to bring one of their most exciting releases in fords history to me. A week later, he text me asking what color and package am I interested in. Keeping the conversation alive. He seems to text me every Wednesday. I like that.

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An email and then a call

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved night of the reveal. Dealer emailed me the next morning. To make sure it wasn't automated I replied w/some questions and he answered me right away. Guy seemed real motivated!

JayOverland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got an email the next day.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received a reservation email right away. The following day I received a call from Jim Burke Ford’s sales manager introducing himself. Later that morning I received an email from him telling me how excited he is to bring one of their most exciting releases in fords history to me. A week later, he text me asking what color and package am I interested in. Keeping the conversation alive. He seems to text me every Wednesday. I like that.

This makes me want to switch dealers...

Salvo87

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Frontier, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reached out to the salesman that I purchased a Explorer from after a week with nothing. I was surprised because this a top dealership in my area. I have purchased 5 new vehicles from them over the years. I am now in contact with the salesman by phone and emails. well over 200 reserved and that was last week. I'm in the back 40 so that's not bad so I'll stay put unless they swing for the fences on price.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's really no excuse for a salesperson not making a phone call. When I taught college online, I had 125 students and I called every one of them every week. I pulled their numbers from the school's CRM, put them in a spreadsheet, pasted them into Skype, and bam, bam, bam, knocked them all out in a few hours a week. This isn't a lengthy call - it's a voicemail or a "Hey, any questions? Any problems? I'm here if you need anything at all and will let you know what I know as soon as I know it." Most calls are less a minute. A dealership can spend a couple of hours once a month doing that and while they're at it, find out if people even want the calls or prefer email or text and update their CRM accordingly. Technology has made customer support pretty easy.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had communicated with a couple dealers before ordering. I usually use a secondary email for stuff like this that collects all the spam. I decided to go with my local dealer and put a reservation through with my actual email. I got a half-auto email to my actual email at 8:15 the next morning and then another to my burner email asking if it was me that made the reservation.

My truck is going into Ford on Tuesday for some recall work. I'll chat with the salesman then as well. Seems like a decent enough guy.

I much prefer to do initial contact through email and then actually meet face to face when I'm ready.

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved at 10:46 PM on July 13th. I then received an automated email from the dealer, followed by a personal email. I sent a personal email for introductory purposes and received a very personal email immediately (maybe 5 minutes). I’m very satisfied and like “Allstate” I’m in good hands
Sponsored