Sponsored

How much do the sales people get hosed on these online reservations and commits?

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do they divvy all of the buys and up and pass them out to every salesperson or is there more unfairness?

It just seems like they're the ones that really might not prosper from this being a big seller, which is awful if true.
Sponsored

GRPinehurst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What role does a dealership salesperson have in regards to our online reservation and online build? The only conversation I have had with a dealership is with the local Senior Sales Leader and he only called to confirm my reservation.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What role does a dealership salesperson have in regards to our online reservation and online build? The only conversation I have had with a dealership is with the local Senior Sales Leader and he only called to confirm my reservation.
No one from sales has even spoken or emailed me. It's been the business development manager that has answered my questions and emails. Seems like she's doing all the work and should get a cut of it.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership reached out to me and asked if I had a salesman I had worked with before and would like to again.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It just seems like they're the ones that really might not prosper from this being a big seller, which is awful if true.
I don't feel bad at all when i consider how i have been treated in the past(no offense to all the good folk in sales out there). I'm talking personal experience. They'll make their money off the Bronco in due time.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not found a good car sales man that actually cares so none of this matters to me. Not saying there isn’t a good honest sale man or woman out there. I used to maintain the ford deal ships in town and I have sat through some of their training videos. There end goal doesn’t have your best interest at heart.

secretg

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan Leaf :)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I were a salesperson for a Ford dealership, I would be on the forums like what Albert from Granger is doing answering questions and branding his name and his dealership's name as a reliable source of information.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership hasn't contacted me at all. I tried shopping around, 3 dealerships ignored my email. The one dealership who did respond took 7 emails to understand my simple question of "Will your dealership have any ADM over MSRP?". I want a sales rep who is just as excited as I am. Doesn't exist in this town.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe I am saying this but I wish more would go to a 'one price' model. I used to love the negotiation and figuring out a way to pay less than the 'other customers'.

However, its a new world. I wish that dealers like Granger were the norm. They make the $$$$ they need to to stay in business and pay a decent wage, but they got out in front of this and came up with the 'one price' model.

Its fair, its transparent, it saves their sales team and the customers a LOT of time. They still provide the product knowledge, the delivery, the finance, the service, etc....

I sound like a Granger cheerleader a lot on here, but I SO appreciate their model when it comes to the Bronco. Takes ALL that stress out of it.

Its stressful enough waiting for the actual Bronco.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have not found a good car sales man that actually cares so none of this matters to me. Not saying there isn’t a good honest sale man or woman out there. I used to maintain the ford deal ships in town and I have sat through some of their training videos. There end goal doesn’t have your best interest at heart.
Definitely have to agree with that

FernieSanders

Badlands
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3, Bronco Badlands 4Dr NoSas MIC 2.7 CG High
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Used to sell cars, been in the industry for 11 years.

Most dealerships have a round-robin in their CRM where it just alternates in a set order, so it's luck of the draw.

A good dealership will have these orders set up in this round robin method to make it fair. Others will have a set team or person that handles these orders, such as a fleet team or a manager.

Bad dealerships will just have nothing and that's where you get no response. Especially if their internet department is first-come first-serve.

Salespeople get paid after you drive off the lot with the car. So with a car like the Bronco, where you only have about a 40% chance of actually buying the car (from my experience with pre-orders) plus a wait time of over a year, you're not going to hear from them very often.

I happen to know the GM of the dealership I'm working with so when his team didn't reach out, I contacted him directly. Hope that helps.
Sponsored