Sponsored

How much do the sales people get hosed on these online reservations and commits?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am handling all of the upfront information distribution as it is easier for Zach and myself to collaborate and keep all of the information flowing forward...

I have a person at the store who is the only one fielding the calls as I am not in the office for the foreseeable future...

When it comes to handling the Bronco reservation holders we will have a team of people that handle each specific aspect...

This will be a fun adventure, we will take care of all our salespeople as they will do the actual delivery..

I just want to meet everyone, interact with you all and your Broncos, make sure that the delivery of your Bronco from our Corral is an event to remember...

Yes we will be busy but this has been and still is an absolute hoot with all of the information that is provided from many differing opinions...
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealership hasn't contacted me at all. I tried shopping around, 3 dealerships ignored my email. The one dealership who did respond took 7 emails to understand my simple question of "Will your dealership have any ADM over MSRP?". I want a sales rep who is just as excited as I am. Doesn't exist in this town.
You're in Winnipeg, right? The only response I got from a dealer in the city was pretty poor.

Ive been pretty happy with the communication from Hometown Ford in Winkler. It would be worth it for you to contact them as well.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're in Winnipeg, right? The only response I got from a dealer in the city was pretty poor.

Ive been pretty happy with the communication from Hometown Ford in Winkler. It would be worth it for you to contact them as well.
Yea I am. I will hit them up. Thanks!!

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't believe I am saying this but I wish more would go to a 'one price' model. I used to love the negotiation and figuring out a way to pay less than the 'other customers'.

However, its a new world. I wish that dealers like Granger were the norm. They make the $$$$ they need to to stay in business and pay a decent wage, but they got out in front of this and came up with the 'one price' model.

Its fair, its transparent, it saves their sales team and the customers a LOT of time. They still provide the product knowledge, the delivery, the finance, the service, etc....

I sound like a Granger cheerleader a lot on here, but I SO appreciate their model when it comes to the Bronco. Takes ALL that stress out of it.

Its stressful enough waiting for the actual Bronco.
Nah, competition is good...that's how you get deals like Granger is offering.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't believe I am saying this but I wish more would go to a 'one price' model. I used to love the negotiation and figuring out a way to pay less than the 'other customers'.

However, its a new world. I wish that dealers like Granger were the norm. They make the $$$$ they need to to stay in business and pay a decent wage, but they got out in front of this and came up with the 'one price' model.

Its fair, its transparent, it saves their sales team and the customers a LOT of time. They still provide the product knowledge, the delivery, the finance, the service, etc....

I sound like a Granger cheerleader a lot on here, but I SO appreciate their model when it comes to the Bronco. Takes ALL that stress out of it.

Its stressful enough waiting for the actual Bronco.
He is going to make Ford's Salesman of the Year 2021.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they may treat these as online orders. So they will go through their online sales department

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I asked my dealership how they determine which salesman gets the sale. I was told if you are a repeat customer or you have a relationship with a salesman you can request that salesman. If you are new and don’t care which salesman you interact with then it will be a round robin and each salesman will take a turn.

a round robin is the fair approach so that everyone benefits.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they divvy all of the buys and up and pass them out to every salesperson or is there more unfairness?

It just seems like they're the ones that really might not prosper from this being a big seller, which is awful if true.
I don’t mean to sound like a jerk and I know that there are plenty of good salespeople out there, but...
f@$k ‘em!
Sorry if you’re a salesperson, but I have had so many bad encounters dealing with salespeople over the years. I would honestly rather have MSRP be a little higher and just pay a set amount rather than try to fight with dealers. When I was in my early 20s in the navy, I spent almost 7 months trying to buy a car and went through all the predatory tactics. Luckily, I had some good guidance that kept me from getting shafted too bad. That’s why I am going with granger and driving over 20 hours to pick up my new Bronco.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Initially I communicated directly with the Sales Manager who was responsive and friendly. Then I was handed off to the Internet Sales Manager. His replies have been short, and he was seemingly aggravated that I was infringing on his time. I decided to lay low and wait for the order banks to open. If they don’t get back to me right away I will be the one who becomes aggravated. I’m certain I was one of their first (if not *the first*) Bronco reservation they received.

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are we really concerned about this ... my goal is to firehose that dealership if I can ...

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one from sales has even spoken or emailed me. It's been the business development manager that has answered my questions and emails. Seems like she's doing all the work and should get a cut of it.
"Business Development" fancy title for sales, like Account Executive, Territory Manager, etc.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Salespeople get hosed”? What a ridiculous question...everyone wants to create victim classes these days. If you get hosed as an individual, then it’s your fault. Work harder, sell more on your own. If you think you aren’t being treated fairly, then leave. No one is keeping you down except yourself...
Sponsored