Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m having difficulty picking between BL and WT. not much different between them but one thing is the steel rear bumper that you can’t itemize on your build. Any idea what something like this would cost to add later? Also, do you think Ford will offer it or will it have to be aftermarket? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm basing this on F150 aftermarket bumpers, but anywhere between $600-2000, depending on quality and brand name.

Somewhat related thought...the steel rear bumper shown in BD pics, and the configurator...look A LOT like the plastic bumper. I don't know if it's the same mold but different material, or if the concepts we've seen thus far are actually using the plastic bumper....but I hope it takes design queues from the front bumper. The rear one shown here looks just like the plastic one, and 'meh'

Ford Bronco How much for a steel rear bumper? 1606090511530

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get something from Smittybilt for around $300 all the way up to over $2K for Off Road Armor.
I'm getting a Base, but not getting the steel bumpers on my build. There will be options in the aftermarket. Also, I plan on getting a lift and possibly going up to 37" tires. So I will be looking for a rear bumper with an integrated tire carrier. Hanging that much weight off the rear door isn't good and those bumpers take the weight off the door.
Many rear bumpers will also have integrated LEDs that you can wire into your aux switches.
Sponsored