Sponsored

how much is the bronco recycled from other ford products?

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't find a thread that covers this so if there is one please point me to it.
I am trying to figure out how much of the bronco is really new. The body is new so I think we can say anything above the frame is new. But what about everything else attached to the frame?
The frame itself is it just a shorted Ranger frame?
The 2 engine are used in other ford products, they might have a different tune.
The 2 transmissions are used in other ford products.
Transfer case:
4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement I think is currently used in the Ranger.
Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement I think this is brand new.
Front and rear diffs (open and locking) I think both come from the Ranger.
Front and rear suspension come from the Range, what year? I did find some stuff on line that made it sound like the Ranger's suspension for MY21 is different the MY22. If this is true what will the bronco use?
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't find a thread that covers this so if there is one please point me to it.
I am trying to figure out how much of the bronco is really new. The body is new so I think we can say anything above the frame is new. But what about everything else attached to the frame?
The frame itself is it just a shorted Ranger frame?
No, the frame is from the next-gen Ranger, the one that's not out yet. So we could say that the Ranger is borrowing from the Bronco.

The 2 engine are used in other ford products, they might have a different tune.
Yes.

The 2 transmissions are used in other ford products.
Auto yes, manual no.

Transfer case:
4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement I think is currently used in the Ranger.
Could be, but we don't have part numbers.

Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement I think this is brand new.
Could be, again without part numbers we don't really know.

Front and rear diffs (open and locking) I think both come from the Ranger.
The base M190 front diff may be shared with the Ranger. The upgraded M210 (BL, WT, FE, Squatch) is not available on the Ranger. The rear is similar.

Front and rear suspension come from the Range, what year? I did find some stuff on line that made it sound like the Ranger's suspension for MY21 is different the MY22. If this is true what will the bronco use?
Front and rear suspension are unique to the Bronco. Some of them may be shared with the next-gen Ranger, we don't know yet.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ranger is currently leaf sprung in the rear. Since most trucks still are it is probably on the unlikely side that being coil sprung like a Bronco will carry over into the next gen Ranger... which means the entire rear portion of the frame would be totally different.

So far in Fordland only the new (like brand new) Raptor is coil sprung in the rear.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The frame is new and the suspension is mostly new. The body is new as are most of the body electrics.
The manual transmission is new. Most of the differentials are also not used on other Ford products. Almost the entire interior is new. So, Let's see:

Engines shared - both. Looks like tune is the same as on Ranger and F150.
10-spd auto shared
Not sure on transfer cases
Some front suspension parts shared

That means it is an almost entirely new vehicle. Makes it more understandable why it is taking so long to come out.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model