Sponsored

How much lift do I need to do 35" tires? 37"s?

OL SKUUL

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BL 7speed 2d, 22 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First post, and I apologize if I missed this in my search...I have a 2d non-Squatch manual trans BL on order. How much lift do I need to do 35" tires? 37"s? Any risk of doing 37" with a 2.3 engine?
TIA, Merry Christmas!
Sponsored

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what I’ve seen here, the Sas puts about a 2” lift over stock. That is about what you would need for 35s. I have seen some put on 37s at that height but I plan to go 3 1/2” lift for my 37s for a little more clearance and hopefully no rub

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, if you go to the very bottom of the Badlands specifications, you'll see the ground clearance goes from 8.3" (base badlands) to 11.5" with the 35" tire. That's 3.2"

I originally ordered an Outer Banks, non Sas. Wanted to give it a lift and bigger tires. Many folk seem to be doing it. No big deal, right? Yet I agonized over changing drive line angles, CV joint angles, longer drive shafts, vibration, etc.

Spend some time on Jeep forums and read the lifting/bigger tires horror stories. Lifting/bigger tires sounds easy to do. Doing it properly is much more difficult and expensive. Bigger tires take gearing changes. And the list goes on. In the Jeep world, it seems to be generally accepted that problems from accelerated wear will happen - just plan for it.

I finally decided I wasn't going to mess w/ lifting and bigger tires and all of the future issues that are certain to come. I was also concerned about abs, traction control systems, adaptive cruise, cameras, emergency braking etc working properly. So I changed my order to a Badlands w/ Sasquatch. I get 35" tires and everything designed to work together. Now I'm happy and sleeping better. :)

Contented

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No lift needed for 35s if you are not wheeling hard. I bolted up sas takeoffs to my 2dr badlands and no rubbing in any street driving. If you are cycling the suspension hard then think about sas suspension, or a level or small lift.

Sponsored

Silentwutch

Raptor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Raptor, 23 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ive seen plenty of people put 35s on with no lift, just crash bar removal. 37s fit with a 2” lift. But wheel offset and how aggressive you plan on driving will determine if you’ll encounter rubbing.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't need a lift at all on a badlands to fit 35" tires. The badlands suspension is 0.5" shorter than Sas, so not enough to really worry about as Ford will have built in additional clearance from the factory. Wheel offset is going to be the more important factor.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Video above both 35 and 37 withOUT lift and how it went.

Then below 35 and 37 with lift and it's results.

I think this will help with your question and give some visual context as well.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
37s, best get a set of upper control arms and some coilovers to clear... plus that would make it so much nicer for offroading. Now, if fox would ship their 2.5s this millennium.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs