John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved a badlands on 7-15-20 and went on to order (twice now) badlands 2.7, hard top, high with tow package. My question now is how long until I could expect a vin #?

My dealer and I have no idea when It'll arrive and I’m just looking for a little insight on the situation.

Is anyone else close to me in the stack?
Does anyone else have the same order?
When were the lates Deliveries reserved?Will I be waiting ANOTHER year or could I expect a vin # in the next couple months?

Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
There's no way of knowing. Its entirely luck, with some manipulation of constrained components. I decided early on I was going to order what I wanted, and wait as long as it took. (2.7 4dr OBX, High, MIC, Tow, non-SAS). I got lucky with a 7/21 build and a 10/21 delivery due to MIC replacement. My experience with the MIC top is that its a fine piece of craftsmanship and works quite well with no leaks. I do not want a car with a floppy boat canvas. I like taking the panels on & off. One panel went flying at 50mph because I forgot to latch, one corner was delaminated and smashed. I was able to repair with epoxy, and in the process learned more about the construction and I'm pleased.

You'll read here about the occasional build problems, but I think there are many more well-made vehicles out there, and more and more every day in our neck of the SC lowcountry.

I think its a vehicle worth waiting for, but probably better to think of something else for awhile, once you've sure you've got your order lined up. I received my vehicle 6 months after I got my VIN in April, 2021. In July, I set a goal of getting it by Thanksgiving. It arrived October 21, "early" and so I managed my own expectations.

Good luck. I think that your order, the Badlands MIC 2.7 High 2 or 4dr Tow is the perfect Bronco. Hope to get it by July 4, and maybe you'll luck out and get it by Easter or Memorial Day!
Sponsored

Last edited:

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a 4 door, if you’re a day one reservation and haven’t gotten anything there’s no hope for me
They throw darts randomly at build sheets on a giant wall.....add that to dealer allocations and subtract reservation importance and that equals your answer lol. Being a 4D puts you light years ahead of any 2D builds.

G8Rengineer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep XJ (original owner), 2012 Ford Expeditio
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved on 7/15/20 a 2-door Badlands with the mid pkg, mod bumper, 7spd manual, non-sas with Pat Milliken Ford in Redford, MI. Original order date was 2/25/21, second order date was 10/18/21. Still have not received a VIN.
My dates and build are nearly identical to yours. No VIN. I’m at mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, FL.

keeping my build as is after driving a 2 door all day at offroadeo. Just being patient.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a 2 door Lux V6 Badlands with tow. Medium dealer, 1st night and got my vin 10-13 (12-20 build)

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a badlands on 7-15-20 and went on to order (twice now) badlands 2.7, hard top, high with tow package. My question now is how long until I could expect a vin #?

My dealer and I have no idea when It'll arrive and I’m just looking for a little insight on the situation.

When were the lates Deliveries reserved?Will I be waiting ANOTHER year or could I expect a vin # in the next couple months?

anyone's guess... you will hear countless stories of getting delays and getting early vins... If you are willing to risk a different trim, I would recommend changing your order to a blackdiamond and do not add any accessories. You are likely to get a vin and build date sooner. once you get your vin, have your dealer immediately change to everything you want. I have seen where some have done similar to this and they got a build date that same week! My only personal experience is adding accessories(roof rack, headliner, keypad) and my dealer had zero issues. I have also heard it will not let you add or change anything that is not available. It is of course a risk.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went from HOW long will it be to WHY am I actually waiting on Ford to get their act together….earlier post summed it all up. Ford lied concerning the reservation process. It is that simple.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a 4 door, if you’re a day one reservation and haven’t gotten anything there’s no hope for me
I'm day one with a Badlands V6, Sasquatch, MIC and high...and I haven't heard anything. At this point I would be stunned if I got it before summer.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need some zen for today. What about me?

2 door, badlands, Sasquatch, high, tow, capable bumper, 2.7, no roof rack, late July/2021 reservation. Order August and reorder in October.

Broncoelusion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm nearly the same as you:
Day one reservation, 4dr Badlands hardtop, 2.7 manual, with tow pkg.
Nothing.

Sponsored

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow sounds like the Bronco is living up to its name being it’s Bucking a few off of her😜. Hang on tight cause the ride is getting wild😂

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There really is no telling. I got lucky with an honest dealership. The GM kept his word to me and did everything possible to make sure I got a 2021.

There are guys that reserved weeks earlier than me that still haven't seen their Broncos. That being said, I've seen a couple people order in October that have already gotten theirs.

If you look at my signature you can see it's not all smooth sailing for those that got their VINs early. I got my VIN on 5/27 and it was six months later before my Bronco was built.

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Although constraint items(2d, mic,2.7) may clearly delay your build, I agree completely with others that state the biggest variable is the dealer you ordered from.
Those that ordered from low volume dealers got screwed, plain and simple. I won’t go into the ethics of this, or how it just enables dealers to demand exorbitant ADMs, as it has been covered elsewhere at length.

I feel like I got lucky. I didn’t reserve until late January 2021 (obx,sas,2.7,lux,soft) but have a tentative build date of dec 20. The biggest variable in my favor was a relatively high volume dealership that would get a lot of allocations(no one knew this January2021) and for whatever reason the dealership didn’t have a ton of orders.
having said that I do believe the worst of the bottleneck is over and the fact remains production numbers have increased dramatically. Best of luck

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My son brought home a brand new Raptor the other day. If the Bronco was going to be solely my ride, and I could get one at sticker, I would seriously consider dropping order and go that route. That truck was over the top sweet.
Sponsored