Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but does anyone know the typical procedure for ordering a car online?

Come December when the orders open up, I’m curious if you have to pay any percentage of the car up front first in order to proceed with the order before they go ahead and produce the car. I’m new to this so any insight is helpful :)
Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but does anyone know the typical procedure for ordering a car online?

Come December when the orders open up, I’m curious if you have to pay any percentage of the car up front first in order to proceed with the order before they go ahead and produce the car. I’m new to this so any insight is helpful :)
Some dealers may require a $500 or $1000 non refundable deposit. The good dealers, like @Granger Ford, do not require any additional money. You pay on delivery of the vehicle.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great question. Ford's only other online vehicle reservation/order process it was the same amount as the reservation. We will surely know before then but be weary of rumors and speculation.

It will be a formal and uniform process for all reservation holders.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will be a formal and uniform process for all reservation holders.
I‘m pretty sure additional deposit or not will be up to the individual dealer not Ford. The dealer will ”own” that unit if you don’t pickup. Smart dealers won‘t require additional deposits because they will be able to immediately sell any Broncos that are ordered but not closed on.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine will be $500 which then gets applied towards the price when it arrives. I dont mind putting down a deposit, even if only for the false sense of ownership that comes with it. LOL

Not sure if its refundable or not. I didnt ask.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine will be $500 which then gets applied towards the price when it arrives. I dont mind putting down a deposit, even if only for the false sense of ownership that comes with it. LOL

Not sure if its refundable or not. I didnt ask.
I wouldn’t do $500 non refundable. Even though the chances of you changing your mind might be very slight — things can happen. In the event you don’t close, the dealer will be delighted to have an in-stock Bronco to sell. No reason for your money to be at risk and for the dealer to make an extra $600 if you don’t close.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn’t do $500 non refundable. Even though the chances of you changing your mind might be very slight — things can happen. In the event you don’t close, the dealer will be delighted to have an in-stock Bronco to sell. No reason for your money to be at risk and for the dealer to make an extra $600 if you don’t close.
Yeah i need to verify. I was on a major high from them calling me back on July 14th

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't really mind it...because even if my financial situation changed in a major way I could probably turn and sell at a profit when I took delivery anyway, if I needed to.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't really mind it...because even if my financial situation changed in a major way I could probably turn and sell at a profit when I took delivery anyway, if I needed to.
That is probably a bigger task than you think. You pay sales tax and other fees when you buy, not to mention you have to qualify for the loan unless you’re paying cash. Add on to all that the hassle of the paperwork of both buying and selling a car plus finding a buyer. All that might be OK if previously titled Bronco‘s are selling for $5K to $10K over sticker (depending on sales tax in your state), if not, you’d be wishing that $500 was refundable.

moresmoke

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Chief
Your Bronco Model
Base
Refundability will likely vary based on state law. Some states require deposits on a vehicle to be refunded if the buyer chooses.

The last couple vehicles I ordered, there was a $100 refundable deposit with the order, but the dealer never collected the deposit until the sale. They just covered it until the vehicle came in.
Sponsored