Sponsored

How much more interior room does the 4 door really have than the 2 door?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right. So the 4 door back seat does have more space. Just making sure people don’t get confused from the wrong info in your last post.

The only thing that is the same is the leg room. Head room, hip room, and shoulder room are all more in the 4 door.

72569A62-5FBD-461A-9F32-E2469F5CBF4B.jpeg
This is a great chart.. if you have a family and tend to carry a few passengers I would say for sure the 4 door is the best bet. If your looking at the 4 door for the room to haul a lot of shit get the 2 door and a roof rack and save yourself some extra cash...
Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I look at it as:

With a 2 dr. you can fit a few passengers in the back (not very comfortably... especially if they are not very 'nimble' to climb back there) OR you can fit some gear with the seat folded down.

With a 4 dr. you can fit a few passengers in the back (in slightly more comfort and WAY easier access) AND you can fit some gear behind them.

That said, I still don't know what I want but assume I will end up with a 4 dr. again.

Kenny

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right. So the 4 door back seat does have more space. Just making sure people don’t get confused by the wrong info in your last post.

The only thing that is the same is the leg room. Head room, hip room, and shoulder room are all more in the 4 door.

Maybe I'm just not smart enough, but, is there a way to know the inches from the back of the first row to the tailgate in a 2 door? I want the two door, but, I'm a hunter and need to be able to lay hard gun cases in long ways (assuming they won't fit between the wheel wells.)

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe I'm just not smart enough, but, is there a way to know the inches from the back of the first row to the tailgate in a 2 door? I want the two door, but, I'm a hunter and need to be able to lay hard gun cases in long ways (assuming they won't fit between the wheel wells.)
Somebody with a tape measure would have to physically measure it.
I don’t know if anyone has posted that measurement on here or not.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much more room does the 4 door really have than the 2 door? Some are posting the 4 door is only 16 inches longer than the 2 door. Thoughts?
"16 of wheel base is a lot. Imagine Forest Gump saying.... A Lot!

If you need room get the 4 dr. If you are an off-road enthusiast and only use it for a third vehicle or toy then get the 2 dr.

I'm actually buying this one for road travel. The longer wheel base gives you more interior room and better handling for winter conditions. The AWD capability of the transfer case will make winter driving a no-brainer instead of shifting in and out of a part time rig.

I love my trucks with their ground clearance but driving a smart AWD system is a blast and actually the better way to go for road travel. The new bronco will have the smart AWD system gadgets and ground clearance and locked 4wd too :D .

Sponsored

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seems like the 4 door has similar dimensions to a 4Runner. My GX460 has a bit more than a 4Runner so looks like a step backwards for interior space for me. Interestingly the exterior dimensions for the Bronco are mostly bigger than the GX.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4dr cargo area is 12cu/ft larger than the 2dr. 35.6 to 23.6.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Our Sequoia has hip room of 59.9 and fits 3 adults with no issues, The Bronco is showing hip room of 54.8.

So definitely narrower than the Sequoia by 5.1 inches. The Sequoia is listed as a Full Size SUV while the Bronco isn't.

Think I might place a 5 inch box in Sequoia tomorrow and see how the family fits.

WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just look up the specs online. Ford has them listed or do a google search.

Exterior Dimensions (Projected)2-Door4-Door
Drive system4x44x4
Wheelbase (in.)100.4116.1
Length (in.)173.7189.4
It’s approximately 8.3% longer

Last edited:

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right. So the 4 door back seat does have more space. Just making sure people don’t get confused by the wrong info in your last post.

It depends what you mean by 'more' for hip room and shoulder room. You are supposed fit 3 passengers in the 4-door, so that's 54.8/3 which is around 18.25 inches per passenger. The two door is 43.3/2 which is 21.65 inches per passenger. Yes, you could argue that 2 passengers in the 4-door have more hip room, but the seats are designed for 3 butts, not 2. So the 2-door seats are designed with more per-passenger hiproom. But, please, please, everybody buy the 4-door. I want less 2-doors on the road so mine is special. ??

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"16 of wheel base is a lot. Imagine Forest Gump saying.... A Lot!

If you need room get the 4 dr. If you are an off-road enthusiast and only use it for a third vehicle or toy then get the 2 dr.

I'm actually buying this one for road travel. The longer wheel base gives you more interior room and better handling for winter conditions. The AWD capability of the transfer case will make winter driving a no-brainer instead of shifting in and out of a part time rig.

I love my trucks with their ground clearance but driving a smart AWD system is a blast and actually the better way to go for road travel. The new bronco will have the smart AWD system gadgets and ground clearance and locked 4wd too :D .
Just to be clear, the Bronco system isn’t an “AWD” like you’d find on say, subarus or audis. The 4A option is basically a clutch that can rapidly engage and disengage 4H while normally in 2H.

It’s much more helpful for snow and slippery weather than trying to manually engage 4H, but it’s not what most people would call “AWD”

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to be clear, the Bronco system isn’t an “AWD” like you’d find on say, subarus or audis. The 4A option is basically a clutch that can rapidly engage and disengage 4H while normally in 2H.

It’s much more helpful for snow and slippery weather than trying to manually engage 4H, but it’s not what most people would call “AWD”
How would you explain the difference between 4 auto and AWD ? Not sure I understand ?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would you explain the difference between 4 auto and AWD ? Not sure I understand ?
Typically when someone talks about “AWD” the implication is that the vehicle is able to send varying degrees of power to each of the 4 wheels independently and is enabled 100% of the time.

4 auto is a system to automatically engage 4wd while normally in 2wd. In 2wd you are powering one axle (in the bronco’s case the rear) with an open differential. The vehicle can do some clever things like brake independent wheels if slippage is detected, or you can engage a locker on some trims, but either way the vehicle just sending all the power to that one axle.

In 4wd, you are also engaging the front axle, but sending power to it in the same manner you are in the rear. When in 4wd power would be split 50/50 front and rear. Because of the way the system is designed, 4wd is not meant for use in normally dry conditions because the system can not really accommodate wheels spinning at different speeds as the do under normal driving conditions

In the Bronco’s 4A, the center transfer case has a clutch pack that allows for slippage on top of rapid engagement / disengagement, which further helps power application, but you are still at the mercy of being limited to a per-axle power application.

Basically AWD is working all the time to apply power to the wheels with grip... 4A is just the vehicle being able to automatically engage 4H if it senses loss of traction in 2H mode.

This is the best I could do to quickly explain this... maybe I can find a YouTube video that does a better job...

Last edited:

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Typically when someone talks about “AWD” the implication is that the vehicle is able to send varying degrees of power to each of the 4 wheels independently and is enabled 100% of the time.

4 auto is a system to automatically engage 4wd while normally in 2wd. In 2wd you are powering one axle (in the bronco’s case the rear) with an open differential. The vehicle can do some clever things like brake independent wheels if slippage is detected, or you can engage a locker on some trims, but either way the vehicle just sending all the power to that one axle.

In 4wd, you are also engaging the front axle, but sending power to it in the same manner you are in the rear. When in 4wd power would be split 50/50 front and rear. Because of the way the system is designed, 4wd is not meant for use in normally dry conditions because the system can not really accommodate wheels spinning at different speeds as the do under normal driving conditions

In the Bronco’s 4A, the center transfer case has a clutch pack that allows for slippage on top of rapid engagement / disengagement, which further helps power application, but you are still at the mercy of being limited to a per-axle power application.

Basically AWD is working all the time to apply power to the wheels with grip... 4A is just the vehicle being able to automatically engage 4H if it senses loss of traction in 2H mode.

This is the best I could do to quickly explain this... maybe I can find a YouTube video that does a better job...
Many thanks on great explanation. Thank you for this. Sounds like with my winters I need it. Stuck between BB that doesn’t offer it and OB that has 18” wheels I don’t want !

thx
Sponsored