Sponsored

How much more interior room does the 4 door really have than the 2 door?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just to be clear, the Bronco system isnā€™t an ā€œAWDā€ like youā€™d find on say, subarus or audis. The 4A option is basically a clutch that can rapidly engage and disengage 4H while normally in 2H.

Itā€™s much more helpful for snow and slippery weather than trying to manually engage 4H, but itā€™s not what most people would call ā€œAWDā€
To be more clear, many many modern AWD vehicles do not send power to both axles all the time, including most current mainstream Audi vehicles. That is to say, most vehicles marketed as AWD these days are indeed part-time AWD systems that use clutches to engage the non-dominant drive wheels only when slippage is detected.

for reference, look into haldex traction and Quattro ultra.

Sponsored

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a play toy for me. Iā€™m not interested in a school bus, Iā€™d rather have the sports car. 2 door is my choice.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two door all the way for me. I daily drive a four door Wrangler right now and never use the extra space after the first year or so of ownership. I have always wanted a two door, but I actually needed the space when I was buying the Wrangler. Two door with the seats folded should give me comparable cargo to a four door with the seats up. If I need more, I will borrow a truck.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really want a 2 door, but the 4 door has more room to haul my walker and scooter.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The back seat space is the same on both according to online info,the rear storage/trunk area is simply bigger on 4 door,slightly more space then jeeps of same door load outs.
No, itā€™s not. The back seat in the two door is between the wheel wells so only room for 2 people. The 4-door has room for 3 people.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the 4-door back seat has more space in terms of width. Due to less intrusion of the wheel wells.
Correct. The difference is the width, not the depth. The extra length of the four door is mostly in the back.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
How much more room does the 4 door really have than the 2 door? Some are posting the 4 door is only 16 inches longer than the 2 door. Anyone actually seen both side by side to compare? Thoughts?
The numbers can be deceiving. While its true the majority of the extra space is in the cargo area, the 4-door back seat is wider (thee passengers instead of two) and this makes it more spacious environment to ride in. An extra inch or two doesn't sound like much, but it can make a big difference.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i have a 2-door. even though i expected the small trunk, it still surprised me at what i couldn't fit back there. and the funky way the back seats fold (no flat floor) really reduces what you can comfortably fit back there as cargo.

also, i rarely use the back seats but would've been nice to have an arm rest between the 2 seats. i believe in the 4-door you have a center armrest back there in the 2nd row.

saying all that, i don't haul stuff that often,.. and ppl are rarely in the 2nd row. and i could always borrow my wife's expedition if i need more room. šŸ˜

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just get the roof rack and a basket for the 2 door. We have one on order. Family of four with an 8 and a 3 yr old. Planning multi-week road-trips without flinching. From what Iā€™ve seen, the rear seats in the 2 door are plenty spacious (for a 6ā€™ tall adult to sit in front and back). Climbing back there is part of the charm. Did it in our wrangler TJ.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
i have a 2-door. even though i expected the small trunk, it still surprised me at what i couldn't fit back there. and the funky way the back seats fold (no flat floor) really reduces what you can comfortably fit back there as cargo.

also, i rarely use the back seats but would've been nice to have an arm rest between the 2 seats. i believe in the 4-door you have a center armrest back there in the 2nd row.

saying all that, i don't haul stuff that often,.. and ppl are rarely in the 2nd row. and i could always borrow my wife's expedition if i need more room. šŸ˜
2 Doors are cool, but there is definitely a trade off. The 4Dr has a decent amount of cargo space without folding the seats. Lower models don't have the center arm rest but the seat is wide and spacious.
Sponsored