Sponsored

How much over $MSRP did your dealer offer to buy your Bronco ?

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would be tough to turn down. I'd probably drive down the road, have a burger, and come right back.

Sell it and reorder it in the same sitting lol.
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn't even a uniquely Bronco thing. A dude I know just collected a $9000 check to walk away from an ordered chevy 2500

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would offer my dealer 15k over, take it or l leave with it. The Bronco is a toy for me and you can just reorder one.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got no problem w/dealers doing this...free market economy! If the next guy wants it THAT BAD sure...make an offer! Everything's for sale for the right price. Sure beats holding your truck for ransom because some rich customer is crying in thier ear! Its more honest if a dealer says "hey I got somebody willing to pay crazy money for this...you want a piece of that?"

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think one thing a lot of folks are not factoring in with these $$$ "buy outs" from the dealerships is the amount paid to you will be reported by the dealer on a 1099 MISC and you will likely have to pay taxes on that money received. As to what percentage you pay on that money received....that's going to be something for the tax accountants to figure out. Is the amount received a short term capital gain, which gets taxed at your regular income bracket rate?; or can you argue it is a long term capital gain because you put a reservation down for $100 in July 2020 and sold that "right" after holding it over a year? Which puts the tax rate at 15%; or is it a capital gain on a collectible or similar and thus at 28% (I think)?

Of course, if you take possession and resell to a private person for a similar profit, then that's a bit of a gray money area and.....

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think one thing a lot of folks are not factoring in with these $$$ "buy outs" from the dealerships is the amount paid to you will be reported by the dealer on a 1099 MISC and you will likely have to pay taxes on that money received. As to what percentage you pay on that money received....that's going to be something for the tax accountants to figure out. Is the amount received a short term capital gain, which gets taxed at your regular income bracket rate?; or can you argue it is a long term capital gain because you put a reservation down for $100 in July 2020 and sold that "right" after holding it over a year? Which puts the tax rate at 15%; or is it a capital gain on a collectible or similar and thus at 28% (I think)?

Of course, if you take possession and resell to a private person for a similar profit, then that's a bit of a gray money area and.....
Man...u tax guys are a BUZZKILL! Thats it...my Bronco is no longer for sale! Hey...how bout if the dealer offered me in store credit towards my next order? A 2023, Braptor maybe?

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think half of these offers for 10-15K over msrp would never be followed through. Dealers can ask what they want, that doesn't mean people are paying it. They might say someone just paid it, no offense to any dealers here but my experience tells me they simply can't be trusted. Anything they say is to make more profit or sales for themselves.

If someone offered me a good enough deal, I would have no problem calling for an Uber.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The grammar, punctuation and spelling.

1640760190336.gif
Sometimes I challenge myself to calmly reread a passage and try to decipher it with an honest attempt at rational understanding. I'm not sure if this is a byproduct of our lack of attention to detail or a general failure of our educational system. Perhaps both. I blame China. And Canada.

2A_Actuary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My $50 over invoice (which was honored) for my Badlands is looking better each day. I feel for the guys/gals having to go through this crap.

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got no problem w/dealers doing this...free market economy! If the next guy wants it THAT BAD sure...make an offer! Everything's for sale for the right price. Sure beats holding your truck for ransom because some rich customer is crying in thier ear! Its more honest if a dealer says "hey I got somebody willing to pay crazy money for this...you want a piece of that?"
Absolutely this. Cut me in on the deal and respect my ability to decline the deal and I think it’s incredibly fair.

Lolife

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2022 4d Badlands, Eruption Green, just about everything minus towing package, A-plan price
Sponsored