Sponsored

How much poke, or offset can up go with no rubbing on Bronco Raptor???

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm contemplating trying a 1.5" wheel spacer for a little bit. That would be a -4.1 offset. They also make a 2" but that would be a -16.8, which form everything I am reading might be too much.

But as was said climbing slipery ruts its better to have a tire slide into the wall then the fender.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm contemplating trying a 1.5" wheel spacer for a little bit. That would be a -4.1 offset. They also make a 2" but that would be a -16.8, which form everything I am reading might be too much.

But as was said climbing slipery ruts its better to have a tire slide into the wall then the fender.
I might give this a shot also. I actually like the stock wheels and not ready to give them up yet. I don't want to trash these flares since they are expensive.

Justb211

Raptor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First i am not sure how much space is available at full articulation on up travel. If the tire is tucked into the fender at full articulation then if you give it a positive offset pushing the tire out, the tire may them rub the fender or tear it off. Until you know how close the tire is at full articulation with the fenders on, I wouldn't change the offset. On my other vehicle I would have removed the springs and had at the axle at full articulation with one side at full bump and the other side at full droop to check for clearance in the front and rear.

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you plan on using wheel spacers, I’d recommend a hub centric spacer. I don’t trust wheel spacers, but if you are dead set in using them, use a hub centric spacer.

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First i am not sure how much space is available at full articulation on up travel. If the tire is tucked into the fender at full articulation then if you give it a positive offset pushing the tire out, the tire may them rub the fender or tear it off. Until you know how close the tire is at full articulation with the fenders on, I wouldn't change the offset. On my other vehicle I would have removed the springs and had at the axle at full articulation with one side at full bump and the other side at full droop to check for clearance in the front and rear.
Your point is a lot of why I stated this thread. I know people have added rims that poke the tire out some. I am hoping some would know if they can go full stuff with out hitting the fender or other parts. And whats the most off set you can go with out affecting full suspension travel +12, 0, -12 for instance.

If you plan on using wheel spacers, I’d recommend a hub centric spacer. I don’t trust wheel spacers, but if you are dead set in using them, use a hub centric spacer.
I'm not a fan of them either. There are a couple billet ones on the market that are hub centric which is what I would do. I will eventually do rims I believe.

Sponsored

Dluu12

Raptor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Raptor, 22 Wildtrak, Model S Plaid, R8, Mac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I run 17X9 w 0 offset on Nitto 38x13.5 Trail Grappler and RPG 2.25 collars. My tires stick out about 1.5" from the fender at it's most outer point and no rubbing yet. I haven't tested it at full articulation but thought I share this for what it's worth.

IMG_4534_cu.jpeg

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I run 17X9 w 0 offset on Nitto 38x13.5 Trail Grappler and RPG 2.25 collars. My tires stick out about 1.5" from the fender at it's most outer point and no rubbing yet. I haven't tested it at full articulation but thought I share this for what it's worth.

Ford Bronco How much poke, or offset can up go with no rubbing on Bronco Raptor??? IMG_4534_cu
That looks really nice. Thank you

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco How much poke, or offset can up go with no rubbing on Bronco Raptor??? IMG_4534_cu
This seems to be a really good spec, I have seen it now on quite a few. I think with the collars full articulation won't be an issue. A true 38 was tried on an OEM wheel with no other changes and it will barely hit the flares at full compression.

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This seems to be a really good spec, I have seen it now on quite a few. I think with the collars full articulation won't be an issue. A true 38 was tried on an OEM wheel with no other changes and it will barely hit the flares at full compression.
Seems to be what I am finding also. Not only does that provide a good look it gives some poke. Should protect fenders flares on the walls. Really not ready to buy new rims and tires yet. But I am thinking 0 offest is about the most you can do with out rubbing. Going to a true 38 and 13.50 will require perch collars.

I am seriously thinking about trying some Hubcentric 1.5" billet aluminum spacers. This would be the same as running a -4.1 mm rim. Then I can save a bit for perch collars, rims and tires.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seems to be what I am finding also. Not only does that provide a good look it gives some poke. Should protect fenders flares on the walls. Really not ready to buy new rims and tires yet. But I am thinking 0 offest is about the most you can do with out rubbing. Going to a true 38 and 13.50 will require perch collars.

I am seriously thinking about trying some Hubcentric 1.5" billet aluminum spacers. This would be the same as running a -4.1 mm rim. Then I can save a bit for perch collars, rims and tires.
I was going to do the perch collars first, I may take the spacer route until I can order a set of wheels/tires and maybe more options will come out. 5 wheels/tires is a chunk of change so maybe I wait for a black friday deal later this year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was going to do the perch collars first, I may take the spacer route until I can order a set of wheels/tires and maybe more options will come out. 5 wheels/tires is a chunk of change so maybe I wait for a black friday deal later this year.
I'm still doing a little research bit I think I will go 1.5" spacer first. Then I will go 2" perch up front and 3" rear. Reason for 2" up front is the 1/4 drop from winch and mounting plate.

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@FLSTFI Dave you should be good with a 0 offset and 12.5 or 13.5s.

I have RTR 17x9 +18 with 39x13.5 and though my wheel is flush with the fender the tire bulge actually extends beyond the fender.

With a 17x9 0 offset you would like about .70 inches more than my pics below. Keep in mind this is with a 9” wide wheel. With an 8.5” wheel this would change.

How do you like your mudflaps? Are they flexible enough not to tear off while crawling?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apollo-optics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak | 2021 GT500 | 2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm still doing a little research bit I think I will go 1.5" spacer first. Then I will go 2" perch up front and 3" rear. Reason for 2" up front is the 1/4 drop from winch and mounting plate.
We've been using these for years on the Ford Raptors and they share the same specs as the Bronco Raptor as far as bolt pattern and hub diameter.

https://apollo-optics.com/factionfab-ford-wheel-spacer-set-var-ffa1-10218-1/

They're billet, hub centric at 87.1mm, and have a 6x135 bolt pattern. They're sold as a pair. Just choose the option that says "F150 2015+ M14x1.5 1.5" from the drop down menu. These are in stock and ready to ship.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How do you like your mudflaps? Are they flexible enough not to tear off while crawling?
I like the flaps but haven’t went crawling yet. They are pretty flexible and have held up well to moderate offroading. I have tube doors so I can see them flex pretty good.
Sponsored