Sponsored

How much should I sell my hard top, roof panels, and roof bars for?

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Howdy everyone,

I received my 2-door black diamond on March 31st this year and before the end of the next day I removed my hard top and replaced it with a Bestop soft top. After installing the Bestop I realized I'm never going to go back to the hard top as the Bestop is removable but not very easily.

As a result I'm going to be selling my factory hard top, two roof panels with bags, and roof bars that I ordered. Does anybody have any ballpark price that I should ask for these? I've heard of people losing their roof panels and damaging their hard tops so I figure I'll try to sell them locally.

Everything is 100% mint condition, used for less than 100 miles. Stored properly on a completely flat surface in my shop.

Appreciate any help with this.

Thanks! (y)
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Truthfully, you could probably get up to $5,000 for it - I believe it is almost $7,000 brand new if you order through Ford Parts. If you aren't trying to rip someone's head off: $2,500-$3,000 is fair

But, something to take note is, 2-door Broncos only come with a hardtop. Meaning, you need to find someone who damaged theirs or just wants to spend the money for a second one.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that one is tricky. tops are expensive but you can't order a 2D softtop only from the factory so interested parties would be people that have damaged ones or want to try to paint it.

i'd say retail would be around 4-6 once ford can ship, no aftermarket options but the 4D fiberglass ones are 6k+

agree with the post above; fair is probably 3ish.

OP
OP
tractorcrusher

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks guys. Yeah my plan was to paint it white so it matched the truck, but like I said once I took it off and installed the soft top I told myself there's no way I'm putting the hard top on... The Bestop isn't nearly as removable as the hard top was.

Don't even know why I ordered the roof bars to be honest...

and yeah, I'm not looking to rip anyone off. I just don't want to hang it or store it in the shop for years and years. Someone will be able to use this stuff. I've heard Ford replacement parts like this stuff is impossible to get right now. One person at 4wheelparts was getting a Bestop on their 4 door only because they bought it to specifically to rent on Turo and immediately forgot to latch one of the roof panels and lost/damaged it... then they found out they had no shot at getting a replacement roof panel any time soon so they had to put a soft top on it.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Given it's a 2-door and that's the only way they come from the factory, I suspect the market is extremely narrow (almost non-existent) and thus, the market value is nowhere near what one could get if it was for a 4-door. No demand. My guess is you'll have a tough time selling it.

The roof rack bars, on the other hand, have a market and should sell well.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are roof bars? Do you mean the rails?

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Personally, I wouldn't rush to sell it. You think you'll never put it back on, but I can tell you there are lots of Jeep TJ owners who wish they had both tops. Just saying, think about it long and hard (no pun intended!), before you let it go.

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agree with above. It would be hard to sell and you may want it someday. If you ever sell your Bronco, the buyer will probably want/expect it.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the room, store it. It's barely worth anything right now because there's no demand. Maybe in the future Ford will sell a factory soft top 2dr and then yours will be worth more, or with more time there will be more that are damaged. Mine is sitting in a shed indefinitely.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Given it's a 2-door and that's the only way they come from the factory, I suspect the market is extremely narrow (almost non-existent) and thus, the market value is nowhere near what one could get if it was for a 4-door. No demand. My guess is you'll have a tough time selling it.

The roof rack bars, on the other hand, have a market and should sell well.
I agree. Might be able to sell it to someone who got a bad roof but that's about it.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with others, I’d hold onto it for now, but still keep on eye out for someone interested in one.

If the 2-door hard top was compatible with the 4-door Bronco you could sell it instantly. But… it isn’t unfortunately. On top of that, VERY few people have gotten their 2-door Broncos, and they all come standard with the hard top, so there isn’t a huge market out there for them.

BUT, only a matter of time before someone does something stupid and ruins their hard top.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soft tops don’t age as well, you might kick yourself in 10 years if you still have the truck.

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Price it out from the dealership as a replacement, sell it for half that or whatever the Bestop cost + a little for your trouble, whatever is more.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Howdy everyone,

I received my 2-door black diamond on March 31st this year and before the end of the next day I removed my hard top and replaced it with a Bestop soft top. After installing the Bestop I realized I'm never going to go back to the hard top as the Bestop is removable but not very easily.

As a result I'm going to be selling my factory hard top, two roof panels with bags, and roof bars that I ordered. Does anybody have any ballpark price that I should ask for these? I've heard of people losing their roof panels and damaging their hard tops so I figure I'll try to sell them locally.

Everything is 100% mint condition, used for less than 100 miles. Stored properly on a completely flat surface in my shop.

Appreciate any help with this.

Thanks! (y)
5k is fair....
Sponsored