Sponsored

How much would you pay for a V8 in the Bronco?

Up to what would you pay for a V8 option?

• Total voters

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That said, be willing to pay in the 40's for a Coyote powered Bronco
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd actually cancel my reservation if they offered a V8.... So I could save up more for it.
I don't think Ford wants to just yet because they've committed to fuel economy and the ecoboost branding and say it wouldn't be cost effective etc, HOWEVER, once the V8 Jeep drops and is out alongside the broncos, people crosshopping who aren't bronco fanatics are going to ask about a V8, and bring up the Jeep V8 availability. I'm sure at that time if they're polling potential customers, a V8 option is going to come up.
To that note, I've always wondered, with fuel economy being so obsessed with by Fords current marketing, why haven't they developed a V8 similar to other manufacturers that has cylinder deactivation for better economy on paper? This would help them achieve better MPGs and offer the V8

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

New guy here, but one who's pretty well-informed on what's going on with the new Bronco. Also a regular on Mustang6G.

I wanted to poll you guys about what is the most you'd consider paying for a V8 in this thing? Not a troll post, actually trying to get data. Please be reasonable and honest.
Well I wouldn't pay any of the above mentioned prices on the poll. I would pay the cost of the 5.0 Coyote crate engine which is about $8600 plus the labor cost to put it in which would run about $1500. So, I'd say about $10.1k total lol. If I had to swap the tranny at the same time, the engine and tranny combo on CJPonyparts is about $17k so I'd pay about $20k max for both.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't take the poll! That just gives Ford carte blanche to charge more!

I still believe the chances they'll offer a factory V8 are likely somewhere between slim and none. The 6.4L in the Jeep will probably only be a year or two at most deal until emissions regulations bury its possibilities of continuation. I don't think our poll is gonna sway that reality too much.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still believe the chances they'll offer a factory V8 are likely somewhere between slim and none. The 6.4L in the Jeep will probably only be a year or two at most deal until emissions regulations bury its possibilities of continuation. I don't think our poll is gonna sway that reality too much.
I'm pretty sure you're right.
Was more a funny comment than a serious warning.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not much more at all.

My wife's 2.3 Black Diamond already costs about the same as my dream F-250. XL, FX4, Supercrew with a fair number of options and it would have a Godzilla (and could actually use it with good towing/payload ratings)

Bronco is priced pretty high IMO as it is.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I wouldn't pay any of the above mentioned prices on the poll. I would pay the cost of the 5.0 Coyote crate engine which is about $8600 plus the labor cost to put it in which would run about $1500.
:ROFLMAO:
$1500 will barely get you a bellhousing adapter. Let alone and alternator ($300), AC kit ($1k), flywheel ($400), engine management ($2k), return-style fuel system conversion ($1.3k), not to mention the futzing around you'll have to do with the brake lines that are likely in the way, messing with the steering shaft to get it to fit around that gigantic engine, plus custom headers and exhaust ($2k). Any decent custom shop would be a bargain at $100/hr for labor, no way that's all going in in 15 hours. Ballpark would be more like $10k for labor to have it done right and look factory.

And then you'd still have a dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree because the truck can't see the engine and it's freaking out. So not only would you have to have the engine ECU tuned, but you'd need a "tune" for the factory controls to try and delete out everything it can't see anymore. Add another $2k for that.

So probably $18k for parts and tuning and $10k for shop labor.

An enterprising individual willing to make some concessions in quality could do it a lot cheaper, but you said the magic words "crate engine" and "labor cost" so you get to pay full price.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
“Please be reasonable”

Gives a poll option for a $30k V8 Bronco.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this range $30-$60K include the Bronco? Or just adding the V8.
Who cares about a V8, is it like a symbolic thing to have one or something?
I guess if it was NA and had decent fuel economy I could consider.
But its not a need for power
Sponsored