Sponsored

How much would you pay to Turo a Raptor at Silver Lake?

OP
OP
Seventyfouronthefloor

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, but you’re wrong. Turo makes this easy for both the renter and the owner and you proclaiming that if you can’t afford… blah blah is pretty ridiculous. I owned a rental company. We rented boats, PWC’s, ATV, and trailers. It started out to be able to access toys and turned into a company doing $350k a year in revenue. That was difficult, Turo is easy peasy! And respectfully it’s none of your business what motivates someone. For me, it’s my 4th car and we decided to have our cake and eat it too. It’s the only thing in my house that is paying it’s own way! To each his own.

My response was to do more research before going the renting route. I never make decisions for others, just try to help and inform them with what I do know from experience. And sounds like you're no longer in the rental business, wonder why. Also you rented everything BUT cars. Do your research and see what happens when someone rents a car on turo or anywhere else, takes it over state lines, and sells it to someone else. Its a nightmare to deal with and is a very common problem with nicer cars that are super easy to sell. That's just one of many issues. Not saying it will happen, I'm saying its something you need to consider, look out for, and prepare as best as possible before going that route. Just because it went smoothly for you doesn't mean it will for the rest. I'm not upset, and nor should you be. We are here on this forum to help each other.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Last year for my birthday my wife rented a Sas. Badlands w/ LUX Package in the DC area for $160 per day for 3 days and 200 miles for the 3 days. IIRC, with insurance it was nearly a thousand bucks total.

Turo offers insurance at various levels of protection and price. What I find a little weird is that renters or offered insurance, but its separate from the owners insurance.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will the insurance either Haggerty or other even cover off-road use? I doubt it. It would be like trying to get coverage for track days.

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Good idea. But I don't think it'll work or be worth the hassle. That being said, I would legit rent it out $1000 a day minimum if it's going to see dunes. I would also have some pretty strict telemetry/data recorder for the vehicle making sure they aren't overly sending it.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any Raptor Rental whether Bronco or F150 reminds me of this........

images (19).jpeg

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a golden ticket and a dealer charging me MSRP. Still, I don’t really make enough to practically afford this thing.

I’m seriously considering parking it at a friends house who lives on upper Silver Lake in Mears for the summer and renting it out for day use on the dunes. A college roommate is the director of new initiatives at Haggerty insurance and they are developing a special package for Turo business operators that would offer full coverage in a NFI state like Michigan.

I’ve got numbers in mind for what I’d want to/need to charge on weekdays and weekends, but curious what the community here thinks they’d pay to have a BRaptor for a day. I don’t think I’d let anyone take it on roads, just the dunes.
So you said you pretty much can't afford to buy it, so you are going to rent it out to complete strangers and hope they don't wreck it. If it gets wrecked then you have to worry about getting parts. Wrecked Braptor sitting at the dealership waiting on parts and not being rented out.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Will the insurance either Haggerty or other even cover off-road use? I doubt it. It would be like trying to get coverage for track days.
Haggerty does stated value policy's for this purpose, I use it for track days etc.

cbradio666

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This likely depends on your area, do you allow renters to take it off road?

I am a Turo host. Turo prohibits ALL off road use, even dirt roads. If a customer goes off road, they lose their protection plan entirely.

If a host advertises a car for the dunes or specifically to go off road, the host loses their protection plan also.

FYI

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would rather just pass the opportunity of getting the vehicle to somebody else than dealing with the drama when renting out the car..

OP
OP
Seventyfouronthefloor

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am a Turo host. Turo prohibits ALL off road use, even dirt roads. If a customer goes off road, they lose their protection plan entirely.

If a host advertises a car for the dunes or specifically to go off road, the host loses their protection plan also.

FYI
there, see now I’m glad I posted this thread and found this out prior to ordering. I’ll go back and talk to my Haggerty friend about this.

Initially, it sounded like Haggerty was developing a coverage package for Turo hosts because the Turo coverage sucked so bad, and they fought so many repair estimate discrepancies. Michigan is NFI so the renter’s car insurance wouldn’t cover anything anyway. For “a price” the car would be 100% covered by Haggerty Insurance.

Just curious, did you plan to host your Wildtrak on Turo? Will you follow through on your golden ticket and host your (t)Raptor (for on-road use)? Any idea what you’d charge? I was thinking $400/day.
Sponsored