Sponsored

How often do birds poop in your open roof vehicle?

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you who have owned and driven a vehicle with the top off, how often do birds shit in your vehicle? I mean seriously sometimes I think an eagle dropped a bomb on the outside of my cars. I can’t imagine that happening inside my new Bronco ?
Oh man, wait til @Rick Astley sees this post. Can't wait.
Ford Bronco How often do birds poop in your open roof vehicle? 1610753106797

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had convertibles since I was 16 (sad to say that's about 36 years now) - can only recall my wife taking one for the team as I was turning into our subdivision. Just a slight gun powder spray on my seat seat. Way to go Amor! :ROFLMAO:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

5+ years with a JKU and its never happened. The cottonwoods on the other hand, those are a PITA.
They're hell on a closed-roof vehicle! Have to clean all filters at the beginning of summer. Lord help you if you leave your windows down for the afternoon.

At least you can just hit the Bronco with a leaf blower and a hose.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don’t park directly under trees with the top down and you’ll mostly be fine unless you’re just super unlucky. Had it happen once in my convertible at family members house, nowhere to park that isn’t under a tree. Usually put the top up when I get there but just didn’t one time, and bird got the passenger seat(never even had a bird poop on the closed top before or after that, it’s like they just knew). Also had a squirrel throw about a dozen acorns into my car when the top was down one time. But other than that no issues, and I rarely ever put the top up. Parked in the garage right now with the top down, hasn’t been up at all in about 4 months, and that was just cause it started raining while I was out. Now when spring rolls around here the pollen is hell, so I usually have the top up more then just to keep as much off the interior as possible.

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah the one big pro of not liking to drop the entire top, more of a take off the doors and take all the windows out but leave the roof of the top up kinda Jeep person here.

BUT my passenger seat has taken a hit and the center console had some collateral splatter damage and this was with just the sunrider flipped back, so that feathery bastard lined up his shot and cornhole swished it.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh man, wait til @Rick Astley sees this post. Can't wait.
1610753106797.png
Not sure why this thread would set me off or something...

A great low-cost interior cleaner is Griots Garage Interior Cleaner. I would keep a small squirt bottle of this in a rear cupholder along with a microfiber towel on the off chance that a bird shat on my Bronco, or some random angry guy had disagreements over the comforts of home I showed his wife/girlfriend resulting in free beverages and/or ice cream being gifted to the interior of the Bronco (joke's on him, wash-out floors and marine grade vinyl!)

Griots Garage interior cleaner

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think Rick has the right idea, but I likely would look for old napkin, half ass wipe it up and call it a day.

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can't swing a dead Cat in North Texas without smacking a Grackel. It's real and they suck.
Ford Bronco How often do birds poop in your open roof vehicle? gracklesontheline-0011

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got to mount one of those fake owls on the frame like marine stores sell for boat owners ;)

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7 years of the top off every chance I get in my JKU and it has happened once. It landed on the hard plastic B-Pillar near the driver's seat belt so it wiped right off. I wouldn't worry about it.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure why this thread would set me off or something...

A great low-cost interior cleaner is Griots Garage Interior Cleaner. I would keep a small squirt bottle of this in a rear cupholder along with a microfiber towel on the off chance that a bird shat on my Bronco, or some random angry guy had disagreements over the comforts of home I showed his wife/girlfriend resulting in free beverages and/or ice cream being gifted to the interior of the Bronco (joke's on him, wash-out floors and marine grade vinyl!)

Griots Garage interior cleaner
Didn’t necessarily think it would set you off but was worth it for the subsequent illustration that followed and clever use of the word “shat”?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not once in over a decade of owning convertible or topless vehicles and only once on my first Harley out of decades.

I was and always will be extra careful with things I don't want to get shit on. That's why I don't feed pigeons nor seagulls.

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have had t-top vehicles since I started driving at 16 which is almost 16 years now and I think one time my old Camaro had a little shit on the seat and center console. Now my vehicles are always garaged when home but I got hit either out running errands or at a friends house. I was pissed at the time but no harm no foul. I will say I am always conscious about parking under trees in parking lots with birds, leaves, and debris in mind.

BroncoIII

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond -Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once on my Jeep sunvisor... no big deal really, was pretty dry and didn't tase all that bad
Sponsored