Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My BL/MIC with well seasoned VIN and multiple build dates lands me in the run-a-round gang. As tops come available Ford has (rightfully) prioritized the delivered, built and FE tops with us non-FE VINs rounding out the year.

My question is this. If MIC deadlines continue to slip (just humor me) how sacred is an issued VIN? Would Ford build them knowing tops weren't available and send them off to the dirt lot to wait indefinitely? This scenario preserves the issued VINs, avoids problems with discontinued colors and closes the gap on market forecasts but it's not ideal for the customer.

I've probably answered my own question but in this case I'd prefer to receive a re-issued 22 VIN and potentially new color when all the parts came available. Although, this scenario assumes commodity constraints apply to both customer and shareholder deliveries and I'm not sure that will be the case.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The early 2022 MIC will be the same as the “fixed” 2021 MIC. If the “fix” doesn’t resolve all the problems there will be another version later in 2022.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have BB 2.3L Mid MIC and VIN but no window sticker. Been bumped 4x from early July to 9/20. I called the Bronco hotline. I was told I can't change my build.
She then asked me for my vin and That she had information that I don't and looked up my vehicle with the VIN. She said your vehicle is already built and awaiting a new top. She the build date is when you vehicle is totally complete.
if that's the case I've moved up in the order to the vehicles that will be top priority. Maybe you are too.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have BB 2.3L Mid MIC and VIN but no window sticker. Been bumped 4x from early July to 9/20. I called the Bronco hotline. I was told I can't change my build.
She then asked me for my vin and That she had information that I don't and looked up my vehicle with the VIN. She said your vehicle is already built and awaiting a new top. She the build date is when you vehicle is totally complete.
if that's the case I've moved up in the order to the vehicles that will be top priority. Maybe you are too.
I'm in the same boat, except I'm waiting until 10/4, good buddy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4xFord

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll call the hotline. Thanks for sharing.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been pretty well established on this forum that if you don’t have a window sticker you haven’t been built. Can’t remember th user but we have someone here who can verify for you.

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Eh I’d rather not have a VIN at this point. That way I could adjust my build and get the 2022 options.
At this point, we’ll be taking delivery of these 2021 MYs at the very end of the year if not in early 2022

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’ll get a 2021 barring a total disaster. Ford will put a bad top on it to get it built then put a good top on as soon as one is available.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Eh I’d rather not have a VIN at this point. That way I could adjust my build and get the 2022 options.
At this point, we’ll be taking delivery of these 2021 MYs at the very end of the year if not in early 2022
This is exactly what every 99 priority is saying. They’re the ones sitting the prettiest right now. And rightfully so. Those who are most patient will be rewarded.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly what every 99 priority is saying. They’re the ones sitting the prettiest right now. And rightfully so. Those who are most patient will be rewarded.
I didn’t 99 my order but with my July 25 reservation went in fully expecting a ‘22. Wound up with a vin on April 20 and initial build week of June 28. Laughing as of today they pushed my 10/4 another 2 weeks to 10/18. Not sure why they are giving any indications right now before the mic top is resolved.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn’t 99 my order but with my July 25 reservation went in fully expecting a ‘22. Wound up with a vin on April 20 and initial build week of June 28. Laughing as of today they pushed my 10/4 another 2 weeks to 10/18. Not sure why they are giving any indications right now before the mic top is resolved.
Interesting. What’s your build?
Sponsored