First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 door badlands, 7mt, lux, tow, roof rails.
Interesting. Although I’m not optimistic. I really hope I’m wrong man.

@SVTLightning I get what happened now. You got a build date before the Great Depression. That’s where I got confused. Yeah, expect to be pushed further back. October seems super generous. But again, I hope I’m wrong.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my build from MIC to soft top last week. I've had a Vin since April. I got a build date scheduled 8/30 now. Hopefully it works and they build it.

OP
OP
4xFord

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my build from MIC to soft top last week. I've had a Vin since April. I got a build date scheduled 8/30 now. Hopefully it works and they build it.
They let you change the top after it was scheduled for production and issued a VIN in April? I thought things were locked in with limited exceptions for color. Can you confirm?

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They let you change the top after it was scheduled for production and issued a VIN in April? I thought things were locked in with limited exceptions for color. Can you confirm?
Yes I changed my top from mic to soft on 8/12. I already had a Vin before the change. I'm not promising it works but I tried it and so far so good.

Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Hornet ... best Avatar of the month, if not the site, lol.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m a 2 door “Run Around.” If I understand the situation correctly, my build date means nothing now and I will be informed in October of my new, projected build date. Is this correct?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same boat. Assigned future vin with MIC. Ford was adamant on the live stream that these will be built for 2021. I find that to be impossible to be “fully built” with a new top. But I think the workaround to OPs point is that technically yes they will build it towards YE but if the top isn’t ready it will be held until the MIC top is ready. And if it slips to next year to be finalized then so be it.

however, the caveat is unlike the Broncos currently sitting in the dirt lot with bad tops, would they still green light a build such as mine if there was no new top available? I mean they would have to store all of those builds indoors with no tops at all. Unless they stockpile the bad tops taken off the bad batch and temporarily place them on new builds so they could be stored outside until the new tops arrive.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same boat. Assigned future vin with MIC. Ford was adamant on the live stream that these will be built for 2021. I find that to be impossible to be “fully built” with a new top. But I think the workaround to OPs point is that technically yes they will build it towards YE but if the top isn’t ready it will be held until the MIC top is ready. And if it slips to next year to be finalized then so be it.

however, the caveat is unlike the Broncos currently sitting in the dirt lot with bad tops, would they still green light a build such as mine if there was no new top available? I mean they would have to store all of those builds indoors with no tops at all. Unless they stockpile the bad tops taken off the bad batch and temporarily place them on new builds so they could be stored outside until the new tops arrive.
No doubt if you have a VIN, you get a my21, however, it might be in 2022. If you are adamant about getting a 2021, then getting it next year won't matter, but if getting a 2021 means nothing, I think it would be preferable to get a 2022 so that you can have any additional options and/or improvements (especially if you have an early reservation).

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully, any MY21s delivered in 22 will come with substantial Ford Points to offset the depreciation loss.

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is exactly what every 99 priority is saying. They’re the ones sitting the prettiest right now. And rightfully so. Those who are most patient will be rewarded.
I didn't think I was being impatient; I just followed the regular res process like everyone else.

As a thank you Ford locked my VIN in back in APRIL and has been kicking me in the nuts with off-roadeo emails ever since.

I would gladly wait an extra 6 months to get a freshly built '22 rather than take my dirt mountain reject in Nov/Dec, but I don't even have the option to.