Sponsored

How Should Ford Handle Discounted Accessory Hard Tops?

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having now had almost a month with the soft top - I don't want a hard top. Enlightening experience.
Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Having now had almost a month with the soft top - I don't want a hard top. Enlightening experience.
Totally agree. Was A Painted Hard top FE, but when the paint went to Grey, I went to Badlands Soft top. We are absolutely surprised how much we love the Soft top. Would have never ordered one if not for the constraints. Completely amplifies the Bronco Experience for us.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally agree. Was A Painted Hard top FE, but when the paint went to Grey, I went to Badlands Soft top. We are absolutely surprised how much we love the Soft top. Would have never ordered one if not for the constraints. Completely amplifies the Bronco Experience for us.
Seems a lot of people have to say this about the soft top. I’m just worried about northern winters with it

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely nothing. Like one of the posters said before, Ford gave everyone the choice.
HI
This is true for me my choice is to order before march 19 2021 with dual top shadow black modular top + soft top option for 3700,00$ CDN before discount on MSRP.For me it's a very good deal now cause watch the price for top delivery separately later. FORD send me a message about price protection for my built in 2023 . i have a good early timestamp. i prefer to receive the BRONCO EARLY IN 2023 THAN A LATE 2021 end of the year. + all the problem with a new production vehicule. FORD WILL fix many problem with new built on 2023. my order BAD LAND full load with all option avalaible.
i am very patient an i am waiting
TRACKTOY

Bubba007

Wildtrak
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 platinum supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I always wanted soft top and can wait for White painted hard top to go with my AMB color.
I always wanted soft top and can wait for White painted hard top to go with my AMB color.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford should do this >> Make the Dual top an option in that most of us will buy a soft-top BUT pay for both up front. In a year or 2, when the hardtop is available .. we get one.

To alleviate shipping cost for us and also from a logistic standpoint, Ford will set up regional centers around the country where owners who have paid for the hardtop can go pick them up.

This is a win for BOTH parties. Ford is getting $$ up front for something they do not have to provide until later down the road. And we get a hardtop at a lower cost (no shipping and financed in with the bronco at purchase).

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you'd end up with dual tops, I'd expect to pay the same as the dual top option. on a Jeep thats $2500, so that would be my guess.

That said, if it is $2500 or less, I expect it to be for a short time or only for customers with a VIN as once it goes to regular parts, I expect it to be $5000 or more. Heck one plastic side window for the soft top is over $700

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll give you 2 options... As a customer, not as Ford.
1. Same charge as current upgrade cost (what is is $695..$795, I forget). And charge for shipping.
2. Double current charge, 1/2 of estimated charge. $1500 with free shipping.

My thoughts anyways.
You realize the cost factors in a credit for the soft top? Not going to happen

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is absolutely making me chose something I don't want: Rapid Red or MIC top. I wanted both, but since my reservation was "late" (7/26/20), I don't have a chance in hell to see a MIC Rapid Red Bronco from the factory. I would have been more than happy to wait my turn just like everyone else, but Ford dropped my color for MY22. Coincidentally, that's when they're going to be scheduling new MIC builds. So either way I'm stuck paying for something out of pocket after-sale that was initially offered from Ford as a factory option.

However, that was MY point of view as the consumer, which isn't what I was asking. I was asking what you would do in Ford's shoes as the producer. Obviously your answer is "get bent" or something along those lines.
So...Missy came to your home and stood over you with a ball-peen hammer, ready to pulverize your kneecaps unless you ordered a soft top?

To me, that would rise to being 'forced'. Deciding to buy a soft top because you might get it sooner or for whatever reason sounds like more of a choice...

Did Ford repeatedly make terrible choices for the end user during the process? Duh. Does your title scream entitled? Absolutely, it assumes there is or should be a discount. Perhaps that colors the responses you are getting as well.

You do not get Ford points for switching.
You do if it was ordered as a Mod or dual top prior to 3/20/21. Since almost all orders went in before 3/20/21, those that had wanted a dual top (that is the subject of this thread, having both hard and soft tops) from the start got points (until 2023 delivery per the latest emails) for switching to MIC or soft top if they chose not to wait until 2023. Short version is that people got points offered because Ford could not deliver what was in their order guide for two additional model years. Others chose to change an available top (MIC, although in slow production) to a soft top in an effort to get it sooner, but had not wanted a dual roof at original order time. So yes, people who originally ordered dual tops get points. Folks who originally had no intention of having both hard and soft tops currently do not get points, just the chance of getting their vehicle sooner. So I will grant you that in the specialized case of someone who decided after ordering MIC that the wanted the vehicle sooner and that a soft top was an acceptable substitute, they get no points. Your blanket statement that people switching get no points is of course completely wrong, but my statement could have been more precise, I assumed too much understanding of the dual top situation in its totality for some of the readers of the thread.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The cost of a hard top is somewhere between 2000-2500 for Ford. I’m coming up with that number by using the cost of a soft top and adding the hard top cost from build and price. I mean shit you might as well just say Ford should give you the hardtop and just charge you the shipping. It’s the same thing Damn near.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recall parts just came out, They're sending it out as top, right glass, left glass so have to order 3 parts and reuse the back glass. Dealer cost on a 4 door (with headliner and tinted glass) for these three parts is over $4k so I'm not holding out much hope for affordable add on hardtops from Ford. Also they can't be ordered right now, have to have a VIN in the approved to repair list to order, so even if you were willing to pay the price, you can't order yet.

5 Door Model
Part Number Description Order Quantity Claim Quantity
M2DZ-7850196-AA Hard Top Roof Kit - Less Interior Noise Insulation Headliner As Required
M2DZ-7850196-AB Hard Top Roof Kit - With Interior Noise Insulation Headliner
M2DZ-7829701-A LH Quarter Glass - With Tinted/Privacy As Required
M2DZ-7829701-B LH Quarter Glass - Less Tinted/Privacy
M2DZ-7829700-A RH Quarter Glass - With Tinted/Privacy
M2DZ-7829700-B RH Quarter Glass - Less Tinted/Privacy

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer told me they would sell me a hard top for their cost when I bought my Bronco, but we'll see how that works out when the time comes.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

no one was forced into a soft top, they were given an option that they freely chose.

In return they got Ford cash, their build earlier and the hard top prep kit. If Ford gives any discount it is gravy.
What about Wildtraks pushed to 22? I’m not freely choosing the now standard soft top. I ordered a vehicle that came with a hard top as standard.
Sponsored