Sponsored

How sound deadening is the sound deadening headliner?

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know this is yet to be discovered, but after seeing recent pictures of what I assume the production headliner will look like I may be cancelling that option from my order. I am hoping there is some other material between what looks like felt and the hardtop. Does anyone have any experience with after market headliners or do you think I should take the risk and keep that option on my order?
Ford Bronco How sound deadening is the sound deadening headliner? CE223197-1547-422C-B5E1-42E08C8AFDF8
Ford Bronco How sound deadening is the sound deadening headliner? F16EDA1C-F2EC-49FF-B359-85241D0AEF24
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like you said, details are sparse. I believe it’s basically a headliner material glued to the top. So call it fancy carpet.
I ordered the OE sound deadening headliner and plan to stick with it. I have zero illusions that these trucks will be quiet. From my perspective the headliner will just take the echo down a smidge. That’s good enough for me. My current truck is loud, like seriously loud, so anything should be an improvement.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the wood a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fact that it looks far better and finished then having a bare roof is enough for me. If it doesn't offer any sound dampening or prevent heat gain, Ford missed the mark. I wouldn't expect any more from an aftermarket product and that probably wouldn't look as good if Jeep is any indicator.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I get mine this summer I'll put the soft top on first thing, that'll give hothead time to come up with one for my MIC top later in the year. The factory ones look like they're just thin carpet, which would work, but hotheads does more than that, Jeep people really like their product. And it'll probably be comparable in price and should be easy to install.

Sponsored

MikeD

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you add it later or is it bonded to the roof from the factory?

Deleted member 16780

Looks like incoming glue fail. Hopefully it doesn't look like uncle buck's sagging roof upholstery in a few years ;)

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you add it later or is it bonded to the roof from the factory?
It's also one of the available accessories, you can buy it from the Parts department. Starts at $309 for the 2 door.

It supposedly has some mass which is one of the ways it can dampen noise from vibrations..... kinda like throwing a towel inside a drum kit.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You'll probably notice a bigger difference in the MGV interior. You really need something to diffuse and absorb in there. So even if it doesn't have a MLV layer it will be effective. In the leather/cloth interiors there are already a fair number of materials in there to diffuse soundwaves, so it will still help but be less noticeable. On those a more complex system with a viscoelastic layer that will convert sound energy to heat energy would be beneficial.
Sponsored