Sponsored

How sound deadening is the sound deadening headliner?

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'll probably notice a bigger difference in the MGV interior. You really need something to diffuse and absorb in there. So even if it doesn't have a MLV layer it will be effective. In the leather/cloth interiors there are already a fair number of materials in there to diffuse soundwaves, so it will still help but be less noticeable. On those a more complex system with a viscoelastic layer that will convert sound energy to heat energy would be beneficial.
I've built (DIY) Custom Acoustic Panels & Bass Traps for Home Theaters. Sounds like ya know a thing or two about Tunning/Controlling the Acoustics of a room.

IMO, the Ford OEM liner will provide less than 5% NRC (Noise Reduction Coefficient) But it will provide Eye Appeal and slightly diffuse the sound waves. The Seats, Humans, and any gear stored in the vehicle will help a little.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every interview where it was asked about the headliner the interviewee said it made a difference.

In addition, it is not just a thin piece of carpet. You can see the pics where it is tapered down to fit under the latches so there is obviously some sort of padding underneath.

The factory liner price is easily comparable to aftermarket, and many of us are getting invoice on top of that.

I'm sure aftermarket products do alot, but factory is as close to 100% coverage as you can get and comes with a 3 year, 36k mile warranty.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You'll probably notice a bigger difference in the MGV interior. You really need something to diffuse and absorb in there. So even if it doesn't have a MLV layer it will be effective. In the leather/cloth interiors there are already a fair number of materials in there to diffuse soundwaves, so it will still help but be less noticeable. On those a more complex system with a viscoelastic layer that will convert sound energy to heat energy would be beneficial.
Yes, that's one way a headliner can make a difference..... by absorbing sound produced in the interior. Think 'eggcrate' foam as an extreme solution!

But the roof panels them selves can produce and transmit noise from the outside. Noise from outside the truck can vibrate the roof and transfer the sound to the interior. A headliner can dampen those vibrations. An example is when you get too much wax in your ear which affects how your eardrum transmits sound to your inner ear.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, that's one way a headliner can make a difference..... by absorbing sound produced in the interior. Think 'eggcrate' foam as an extreme solution!

But the roof panels them selves can produce and transmit noise from the outside. Noise from outside the truck can vibrate the roof and transfer the sound to the interior. A headliner can dampen those vibrations. An example is when you get too much wax in your ear which affects how your eardrum transmits sound to your inner ear.
Am I the only one that rubbed his ear just now?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every interview where it was asked about the headliner the interviewee said it made a difference.

In addition, it is not just a thin piece of carpet. You can see the pics where it is tapered down to fit under the latches so there is obviously some sort of padding underneath.

The factory liner price is easily comparable to aftermarket, and many of us are getting invoice on top of that.

I'm sure aftermarket products do alot, but factory is as close to 100% coverage as you can get and comes with a 3 year, 36k mile warranty.
It doesn't take much to be effective as shown in the video with the cymbal. People are judging this kit on a few pics and zero knowledge of it's composition. Anyone that has used Dynamat type products know they are even thinner than the Ford kit and are very effective. Some are saying go aftermarket. I'm fairly certain this is made for Ford by CoverKing which is a well known aftermarket company.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Hothead liner in my Jeep JL. While it will never make the Jeep, or the Bronco as quiet as a Lincoln, it does help. It also helps keep the heat down in the hot summer sun, and actually helped with the sound of the Alpine system. Don't get too hung up on how loud the Bronco will be without the head liner. I'm sure it will be like the Jeep, and mine wasn't that loud inside to begin with. I just wanted to give the the inside of the top a more finished look. Before you decide to order the Ford headliner take a look at the Hothead Headliners product. Mark will be designing a liner for our Bronco's, and I will definitely wait on his product. He sells "sound strips" (insulation) with his liners that help deaden the sound even better. All at a reasonable price. www.hotheadheadliners.com

@Hothead Headliners Mark, do you have any updates? Thanks.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had Hot Head in my Jeep and can confirm that they def made a difference in temperature and sound. I however like the look of these factory ones since they cover the entire area and will be covered by warranty. The factory ones are supplied by Coverking who makes the same product for Jeep. It's relatively new. I have searched for reviews on it but there is nothing in detail out there comparing it the way people have compared pre/post Hothead.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/coverking-topliner-another-headliner-option.8810/

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had Hot Head in my Jeep and can confirm that they def made a difference in temperature and sound. I however like the look of these factory ones since they cover the entire area and will be covered by warranty. The factory ones are supplied by Coverking who makes the same product for Jeep. It's relatively new. I have searched for reviews on it but there is nothing in detail out there comparing it the way people have compared pre/post Hothead.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/coverking-topliner-another-headliner-option.8810/
Here's an install video of the CoverKing on a Jeep. The coverage is way better than Hotheads offers.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/sound-deadening.24189/page-3

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yeah, I'd definitely have considered that but with a 4-door + 2.7L it's "too heavy" for B&P. Since it's most likely my order will fall into MY22 here's hoping Ford gets this issue addressed by then. If not, or if I'm lucky enough to get a MY21, I'll look at doing it myself same as I would have with the Hot Head's. Would love to see one of the factory (Coverking) installs in person, the Jeep install looks sharp.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you'll find it will help more with the heat than noise. I bought some hothead headliners for my jeep, because that hard shell roof would just radiate heat on your head. Amazing what a difference a little liner can do.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you add it later or is it bonded to the roof from the factory?
Yes, is it a dealer installed thing??
If yes, Ill also wait
Sponsored