Sponsored

How Tall is the WildTrak and Badlands ? ? ? ?

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see some place people say the wildtrak is 73" tall. Other places I see 75'2" ??

How tall is the Badlands?

It's a close fit in the Garage.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see some place people say the wildtrak is 73" tall. Other places I see 75'2" ??

How tall is the Badlands?

It's a close fit in the Garage.
They should both be listed on the spec sheets on Ford’s site.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Specs are stickied at the top of this forum

Ford Bronco How Tall is the WildTrak and Badlands ? ? ? ? 1598253527365

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see the rack adds 3.4 inches. Do the crossbars go even higher?

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a 1.4 inch height difference between the Badlands and Wildtrak. Tire height difference is 1.7 inches for a 0.85 inch increase in ride height in the tires. That leaves 0.55 inches in additional height unaccounted for (maybe soft and hard top difference).

Where do people get the information for a 2 inch lift for Sasquatch? It does not appear to be in the specs.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a 1.4 inch height difference between the Badlands and Wildtrak. Tire height difference is 1.7 inches for a 0.85 inch increase in ride height in the tires. That leaves 0.55 inches in additional height unaccounted for (maybe soft and hard top difference).

Where do people get the information for a 2 inch lift for Sasquatch? It does not appear to be in the specs.
It was confirmed by a Ford employee that the Sasquatch package has a 1.2" lift in an early Q&A. The 2" thing is an unconfirmed rumor of a Ford authorized lift. The Badlands seems to have about a half inch lift in comparison to non-Sasquatch models, presumably because of the Bilstein suspension.

If you want to compare model heights, always compare 2 door since they all come with the hard top.

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was confirmed by a Ford employee that the Sasquatch package has a 1.2" lift in an early Q&A. The 2" thing is an unconfirmed rumor of a Ford authorized lift. The Badlands seems to have about a half inch lift in comparison to non-Sasquatch models, presumably because of the Bilstein suspension.

If you want to compare model heights, always compare 2 door since they all come with the hard top.

We need to get this cleared up.

If the Wildtrack has a 1.2" Lift and 35" vs Badlands 33".

The Wildtrak should be Much Taller them the Badlands but in photos and listed spec's its not showing that.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We need to get this cleared up.

If the Wildtrack has a 1.2" Lift and 35" vs Badlands 33".

The Wildtrak should be Much Taller them the Badlands but in photos and listed spec's its not showing that.
What needs to be cleared up? The Wildtrak is 1.4" taller than Badlands.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Remember, those specs are preliminary and may change and or may not be correct. It's just what we have for now. Another anomaly is the listed ground clearance from base to squatch. Base/squatch on a 2dr is 8.4/11.6. That's 3.2 inches when going from 30in to 35in should only add 2.5in clearance. Wrong numbers or different suspension components to gain more clearance?

Same with overall height. Some claim the only suspension difference between the Badands and the squatch is bumpstops, but the specs say otherwise. Maybe the numbers are correct and maybe they aren't.

Expect some of those preliminary numbers to change slightly.

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember, those specs are preliminary and may change and or may not be correct. It's just what we have for now. Another anomaly is the listed ground clearance from base to squatch. Base/squatch on a 2dr is 8.4/11.6. That's 3.2 inches when going from 30in to 35in should only add 2.5in clearance. Wrong numbers or different suspension components to gain more clearance?

Same with overall height. Some claim the only suspension difference between the Badands and the squatch is bumpstops, but the specs say otherwise. Maybe the numbers are correct and maybe they aren't.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the only differences in suspensions are going to be in the coilovers. I don't see changing the A arms in the front and control arms in the rear for such small differences. Very small changes in valving, springs, or shock design (attachment points of spring mounts for example) there can account for the differences.

I also have not seen the bump stops in photos I've looked at which makes me wonder if they're integral to the shock like a bushing around the shaft at the top end.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the only differences in suspensions are going to be in the coilovers. I don't see changing the A arms in the front and control arms in the rear for such small differences. Very small changes in valving, springs, or shock design (attachment points of spring mounts for example) there can account for the differences.

I also have not seen the bump stops in photos I've looked at which makes me wonder if they're integral to the shock like a bushing around the shaft at the top end.

Yeah, so far no photos. Plenty of preproduction interior shots, but none of the suspension.
I don't know what it is and what the difference is. Is there two or three setups? Levine did not say they were the same. He said similar.

One way to use the same components but also limit travel is to increase preload, like the 5100 series. Could be two settings on bilsteins that allow more preload. That would at the same time limit upward travel and slightly increase height. Or, they could be exactly the same with a bumpstop.

Now, as far as control arms, I could see them using a different UCA from the base to the Badlands/squatch package, depending on geometry of the IFS. If they do, I'd like to know that to help make my decision on which trim level to get. If I can get the base and add a 2in lift with Fox 2.5s without also changing UCAs, it makes it less expensive.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Or they're not measuring ground clearance at the pumpkin, or that's not the lowest point. There is no industry standard when measuring ground clearance.

We've been told the Squatch has a 1.2" lift and it works out basically correctly when accounting for tire height.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or they're not measuring ground clearance at the pumpkin, or that's not the lowest point. There is no industry standard when measuring ground clearance.

We've been told the Squatch has a 1.2" lift and it works out basically correctly when accounting for tire height.

Who knows where they got the ground clearance numbers. One would expect they measure it at the same point between different trim levels though. The lowest point on the Bronco from the pictures we've seen is the rear shock mounts/control arms. That's where it should be measured and most likely where they did measure.

Whatever it is, the numbers don't add up for clearance on the prelim specs. Either they are wrong or something is different underneath between the different suspensions to affect clearance.

There are several anomalies when just looking at the prelim numbers that may or may not be true. Hopefully we get a new set of finalized specs for the build & price.
Sponsored