Sponsored

How Tall is the WildTrak and Badlands ? ? ? ?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My garage door opening height is 80 inches. When they built the house, they decided to add a room over the garage even though the plans didn't call for it. They gave the garage a ridiculously low ceiling to compensate.

Won't affect me much as the Bronco will stay outside. It is nice though to be able to pull it in to work on it.

I wouldn’t call it Mickey Mouse, but it is annoying.

730A4EB8-A5AC-4F95-B5C9-3C6F4329167D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My garage has a curve. So the lowest on each side is right at 75" and in the middle of the opening is 80". Once your inside 10ft. Ceilings. Its the opening that is going to be close.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who knows where they got the ground clearance numbers. One would expect they measure it at the same point between different trim levels though. The lowest point on the Bronco from the pictures we've seen is the rear shock mounts/control arms. That's where it should be measured and most likely where they did measure.

Whatever it is, the numbers don't add up for clearance on the prelim specs. Either they are wrong or something is different underneath between the different suspensions to affect clearance.

There are several anomalies when just looking at the prelim numbers that may or may not be true. Hopefully we get a new set of finalized specs for the build & price.
75.2-71.9=3.3" The posted difference in ground clearance is 3.2" so off but close.
(34.4-30.1)/2+1.2=3.35" Again not exact but close.
The exact quote on the Squatch lift was 1.0" front 1.2" rear (or vice versa) so technically the number could be 3.25"-3.35"
What exactly don't you think adds up?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

75.2-71.9=3.3" The posted difference in ground clearance is 3.2" so off but close.
(34.4-30.1)/2+1.2=3.35" Again not exact but close.
The exact quote on the Squatch lift was 1.0" front 1.2" rear (or vice versa) so technically the number could be 3.25"-3.35"
What exactly don't you think adds up?

OK, explain how you are putting that 1.2 inches under the axles? What component of the suspension has changed to give another 1.2 inches UNDER the axles. Lifts rarely ever increase ground clearance.

Don't get me wrong, if they have completely changed the rear shock and control arm mounts to increase clearance, I'm all for it. If that's the case, I'd like to know before ordering.

Last edited:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 77 inches of height clearance in my garage.

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, explain how you are putting that 1.2 inches under the axles? What component of the suspension has changed to give another 1.2 inches UNDER the axles. Lifts rarely ever increase ground clearance.

Don't get me wrong, if they have completely changed the rear shock and control arm mounts to increase clearance, I'm all for it. If that's the case, I'd like to know before ordering.
This just goes back to my point about not knowing where they are measuring ground clearance. They could be measuring at the center of the vehicle or under the front skids or wherever. Ram claims 14" of ground clearance on the Power Wagon even though the pumpkin is like 8.5" off the ground.

My point being, Ford's numbers are essentially consistent with each other, which would lead me to believe our guesses of where/how they are measuring ground clearance are more likely to be wrong than the spec sheet is wrong.

FWIW, the Wrangler Rubicon claims .9" more ground clearance than the Sport despite the tires being only .6" taller. A lesser discrepancy but a discrepancy nonetheless.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, so far no photos. Plenty of preproduction interior shots, but none of the suspension.
I don't know what it is and what the difference is. Is there two or three setups? Levine did not say they were the same. He said similar.

One way to use the same components but also limit travel is to increase preload, like the 5100 series. Could be two settings on bilsteins that allow more preload. That would at the same time limit upward travel and slightly increase height. Or, they could be exactly the same with a bumpstop.

Now, as far as control arms, I could see them using a different UCA from the base to the Badlands/squatch package, depending on geometry of the IFS. If they do, I'd like to know that to help make my decision on which trim level to get. If I can get the base and add a 2in lift with Fox 2.5s without also changing UCAs, it makes it less expensive.
Ford released these a while back.
Ford Bronco How Tall is the WildTrak and Badlands ? ? ? ? FordBronco_parts_03
Ford Bronco How Tall is the WildTrak and Badlands ? ? ? ? FordBronco_parts_08
Ford Bronco How Tall is the WildTrak and Badlands ? ? ? ? FordBronco_parts_09
Ford Bronco How Tall is the WildTrak and Badlands ? ? ? ? FordBronco_parts_11
Ford Bronco How Tall is the WildTrak and Badlands ? ? ? ? FordBronco_parts_13

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford released these a while back.
Yeah, which doesn't do anything other than seeing one individual setup. Got pictures of the other suspensions to compare to? Got any pictures of those shocks without the spring seat to see if there are two settings? Without pictures of the other setups or detailed descriptions of the difference in suspensions, those are just nice pictures.

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It would be Great if the Coil Overs were Adjustable

ThunderMtn

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The specs don't differentiate vehicle height with 33s vs 35s. Per the specs above, the Badlands 4-door height plus rack is 77.3". Is this with 33s or 35s? I may need to change to 33s to get it in the garage. Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy thread Rez Batman

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The specs don't differentiate vehicle height with 33s vs 35s. Per the specs above, the Badlands 4-door height plus rack is 77.3". Is this with 33s or 35s? I may need to change to 33s to get it in the garage. Thanks for any clarification you can provide.
It really is pretty clear. 😂

28C69614-D9DC-4AE2-8C33-A009A058BF11.png

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
77.3" is with 33s. All builds will match the WT specs when squatched (78.7" with rack).

ThunderMtn

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

77.3" is with 33s. All builds will match the WT specs when squatched (78.7" with rack).
I appreciate the direct response!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A lift will increase clearance at the forward bash plate under the front diff on an IFS, I believe this is where they are measuring.
Sponsored