Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Bronco not have a coolant pump that will run for a minute or so after you turn off the engine?
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I went ahead and asked him directly about this on youtube:

1638295051711.png

Based on this and just to be safe, I'm firing my FORScan back up and making another change. ;)
If you want to disable ASS, just select sport mode. ASS disabled. Now if I could make sport mode the default (and I think it may be possible) it will be golden (by disabling ECO and normal).

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By this, I don't think he means let it idle for 10 minutes in your driveway. He just means don't go hitting max boost and high rpm while it is still cold. Unless your driveway is on a major highway, I do not think you will need to do anything special other than taking it a little easy the first few minutes of driving.
I keep trying to explain this to people who insist on idling their engine in the driveway before going anywhere - people act like the accelerator is an on/off switch. Just drive out of the neighborhood nice an easy rather than squealing the tires and hitting redline out of the driveway.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I went ahead and asked him directly about this on youtube:

1638295051711.png

Based on this and just to be safe, I'm firing my FORScan back up and making another change. ;)
I wouldn't really worry about it - Ford does tons of testing and mitigation of any issues before releasing features like this. They really do design these for 150K++ miles - you should see the absolutely brutal and cruel dyno tests that these engines go thru - if they don't pass them all, they get re-engineered until they do.
Of course, if the start/stop annoys you, then go ahead and disable it. I know it is a pet peeve for some people.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

UZJBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wouldn't really worry about it - Ford does tons of testing and mitigation of any issues before releasing features like this. We really do design these for 150K++ miles - you should see the absolutely brutal and cruel dyno tests that we put these engines thru - if they don't pass them all they get re-engineered until they do.
Of course, if the start/stop annoys you, then go ahead and disable it. I know it is a pet peeve for some people.
Isn’t it a separate starter system? As in if it fails at some point it effectively means it always disabled? In which case I don’t understand the reliability concerns.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks OP. Great thread

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the Bronco 2.7 turbo oil cooled?
My "thought I knew" is that all Ecoboost's are oil cooled.
That makes cool down a little more important, but I've never ran one red hot.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the Bronco 2.7 turbo oil cooled?
My "thought I knew" is that all Ecoboost's are oil cooled.
That makes cool down a little more important, but I've never ran one red hot.
Most all are sufficiently cooled by air and the lubricating oil that flows through them....

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not the same 2.7 that is in the Bronco
Well, define "same!" I think our point is that the engine has a history of reliability that we are personally familiar with. ln 2015-2017, it was a 6 cylinder, twin-turbo, fuel injected engine with 2 injectors per engine, and a solid graphite iron block. It was modified in 2018 with a new injector design, and in the Bronco the oil pan was enlarged with a different sump to account for tilting on trails. I have the 2.7 in my Bronco now, because I am confident in my experience over 5 years with the earlier version of this wonderful engine that I am quite happy with.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thanks. good video. makes sense of what looks like a bowl of spaghetti under the hood.
I cant help but noticed that your home's downspout needs a little help or you may end up with water damage problems around your foundation or basement.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, define "same!" I think our point is that the engine has a history of reliability that we are personally familiar with. ln 2015-2017, it was a 6 cylinder, twin-turbo, fuel injected engine with 2 injectors per engine, and a solid graphite iron block. It was modified in 2018 with a new injector design, and in the Bronco the oil pan was enlarged with a different sump to account for tilting on trails. I have the 2.7 in my Bronco now, because I am confident in my experience over 5 years with the earlier version of this wonderful engine that I am quite happy with.
2.7 nano engine… look it up they are different

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, so I'm curious, he's saying let your turbo engine warm up 10 minutes every time you start it from a cold start..... who plans for that, do you?
With Fordpass app you can set schedule to auto start your truck every morning before work. ;)
Ford Bronco How the EcoBoost turbo system works and what you can do to make it last Screenshot_20211130-232850_FordPass
Sponsored