Sponsored

How to add 2" of ground clearance without increasing tire size?

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all those folks who know more about suspensions than myself, here's a question:

I have a 4 door sasquatch badlands. I'd like to add about 2" of ground clearance without increasing tire size. Does this system achieve that goal?

If not, what do you recommend?

Eibach PRO-TRUCK-LIFT STAGE 2 | Coilover Lift System
Ford Bronco How to add 2" of ground clearance without increasing tire size? Screenshot (60)

Ford Bronco How to add 2" of ground clearance without increasing tire size? Screenshot (61)
Sponsored

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes up to 4 inches or what you prefer , larger tires would add to that lift heigth. Decent price as well...can be done much cheaper as well especially if you have the bilsteins that come on sas and badlands. Me personally would just do 2 inch spacers for 100$ or so since you have good coilovers with reservoirs already.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can't increase the absolute lowest ground clearance on a vehicle, which is in most cases is the pumpkin, with just a suspension lift. Yes, the body will be higher, but it won't change the absolute Lowes point of ground clearance without larger tires.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on what part of the vehicle you want more clearance for. Strictly speaking, the ONLY way to raise the diff housing on the rear axle, is to go with larger tires. You could raise the front diff a little bit without tires but you start compromising the suspension geometry pretty quick. A lift kit wil raise the body of the vehicle and give you better approach, breakover, and departure angle and clearance. Think of it this way, if you look from the front and rear, a lift kit will not help raise any of the low spots you see. If you look from the side, it will.

Sponsored

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well, tires arn’t the ONLY way… could go Portal Axle and add 5”, a little pricey though…d;o)

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Portal Axles, it’s why Icelanders can laugh at our ground clearance here in the U.S. They use them and most of us don’t.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A lift will increase clearance at all sprung components, but not the unsprung like the rear axle and lower hanging suspension components. When off roading these lower hanging parts can be accounted for by picking a proper line. When the whole belly sits at about 11" line picking becomes more difficult. This is where a lift will help, you won't have to worry so much about the mid section and can concentrate on avoiding axles and suspension. Just be reasonable with the lift to avoid issues with factory geometry. For all my own reasons I'm going with a 1.5" lift and 32" tires, but Ya'll do Ya'll.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Skid plates and then just drag it over... that's my plan! :)

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Without larger tires or portal axles you can only increase the ride height. A suspension lift will help with breakover and center chassis drag. If you go that route, watch your front axle geometry.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With an 80-lb. winch installed on a Mod bumper, Bilstein 6100s/OEM SAS springs give me a 1.5" lift at the CV. I imagine that I'd gain an additional 0.5" if I didn't have a winch installed.

The 6100s cost $1,089 at ShockSurplus.com.

Ford Bronco How to add 2" of ground clearance without increasing tire size? PXL_20221013_172932489

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is lift and tires, and I consider this minimal clearance.

Ford Bronco How to add 2" of ground clearance without increasing tire size? 5D2BF9A3-BF18-46DA-A877-73B749D84A9A
Ford Bronco How to add 2" of ground clearance without increasing tire size? 68D3C630-DF44-415F-BC3F-A81D73D35F23
Sponsored