Sponsored

How to add a Keyless Entry - The Supereasy Edition.

JMarche99

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150, 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great post!

I decided to go the dealership route for $90 programming fee.

I have the keyless entry pad (with remote start)

After the dealership programmed, I can use the 5 digit security code on the keypad to unlock and press the 1/2 button to reset, get the 2 fast and 2 slow lights to blink, but it will not program a new 5 digit personal code? No confirmation, no light blinks?

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?
Did the dealership forget to program something else?

Thanks
Sponsored

JMarche99

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150, 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you do it this way, does it then show up on your main screen so you can change the key code on the main screen as well. I had my local dealership do it, and I don’t think they gave me the right keypad. I also don’t think they took the time to add it into the system.

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without any dicking around from the dealer, order the following:

Keyless Entry Keypad KB3Z-14A626-A (FOR BRONCO WITHOUT REMOTE START)
Keyless Entry Keypad KB3Z-14A626-B (FOR BRONCO WITH REMOTE START)

J2534 Adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/VXDIAG-Nano-Ford-Mazda-V100/dp/B01EFWPAN0

VXDiag Software:
http://www.vxdiag.net/managecenter/download/vxdiag.zip

And the Ford FDRS Software:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagnostic/Support?channelId=51&categoryId=304

And it is super easy to do with FDRS Software from Ford's website. You need to get a 2 day license for the software ($50).

You will need the Keyless Entry Pad, internet access, the FDRS license, a Ford login account, and Internet access in order to install the Keyless Entry. NOTE: When you buy the license it doesn't make your account... or it did not for me. So that was an extra step. (I actually installed all the FDRS,FJDS, IDS, and VCI software)

I installed the license in FJDS only to find out that FJDS doesn't work on the Bronco.

After intalling the FDRS software , the VXDiag Software, and the J2534 Adapter;
Start the FDRS software.
Open FDRS, log into your account using FDRS
Look for the Keyless Entry Programming section and download that routine from the net.
Make sure the vehicle is off, and start the module, follow the instructions.
Power on vehicle when prompted.
Enter the six digit serial number when prompted.
Test the Keyless Entry Lock when prompted.
Turn off the vehicle when prompted.
Test the entry code.
Program your new personal code if desired.
Test your personal entry code
press 7-8/9-0 to lock your vehicle.

You are done.

It was really quite easy! Hope that helps anyone who wants to tackle this.

Here is a video on FDRS keypad programming:

It works that easy!
I have a 23 Bronco and had seen a video about someone else reprogramming one but starting their Bronco multiple times,etc and thought I could do it. Thought worst case scenario that I could use Forscan and my OBD2 cable for the Bronco, I was just clueless. I called dealer and they want $180, so I am probably going to try and send mine back, but one question. The VXdiag link on Amazon no longer works and it looks like they have stopped selling. I tried searching for it and tough finding one, but looks around $100 please $50 for the 2 day software. If anyone has an updated link for this J2534 adapter that works, please post.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Searched, shows that they still have one in stock.

VXDIAG VCX Nano Compatible for Ford/Mazda 2 in 1 Diagnostic Tool with IDS Programming Tool https://a.co/d/8hLZBOn

It's the one I still use. I just used it this week to program two HOSS 3.0 steering racks.

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When you do it this way, does it then show up on your main screen so you can change the key code on the main screen as well. I had my local dealership do it, and I don’t think they gave me the right keypad. I also don’t think they took the time to add it into the system.
It doesn’t show up on the sync screen. You change the code from the keypad itself.

Sponsored

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Searched, shows that they still have one in stock.

VXDIAG VCX Nano Compatible for Ford/Mazda 2 in 1 Diagnostic Tool with IDS Programming Tool https://a.co/d/8hLZBOn

It's the one I still use. I just used it this week to program two HOSS 3.0 steering racks.
Do you have to use VXDiag adapter? I am guessing that is because you need the IDS programming Tool? It looks like it is plugging into the OBD and just wanted to confirm I could not use my OBDLink EX that I am using with Forscan, and then the Ford software 2 day license.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm if you have the wrong code or never received one, does this work? The dealership seems clueless about this, keeps telling me it was an aftermarket thing. If I hit the two buttons it locks. But I have no code.

UPDATE: After watching a video, I went to look in the place the card should be. It was there! But the code on the card does not work :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have to use VXDiag adapter? I am guessing that is because you need the IDS programming Tool? It looks like it is plugging into the OBD and just wanted to confirm I could not use my OBDLink EX that I am using with Forscan, and then the Ford software 2 day license.
FDRS will not work with the OBDLink EX (unless it has J2534 pass thru capabilities that I am unaware of). J2534 adapters are different than standard OBD-II adapters; and standard OBD-II adapters work fine with FORSCAN, but will not work with FDRS.

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FDRS will not work with the OBDLink EX (unless it has J2534 pass thru capabilities that I am unaware of). J2534 adapters are different than standard OBD-II adapters; and standard OBD-II adapters work fine with FORSCAN, but will not work with FDRS.
Thank-you so much for that feedback. Really wanted to take a shot with it, but it would be at least $150 bucks to simply attempt to install it myself.

pmow

Big Bend
First Name
peemow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Manual soft top after 7 excruciating months
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone done this on a manual? Non remote start obviously.

Sponsored

misterspivey

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The VXDiag VCX NANO is on sale now on the VXDiag website for $89 with free shipping.

VXDiag VCX NANO for Ford IDS V130 Mazda IDS V131 2 in 1 USB Version (vxdiagshop.com)

Still pretty pricey though when you combine the $50 cost of 48 hour FDRS license.

I would just buy keypad from Ford Accessories and pay the $24 installation charge but the version that works with remote auto start has been out of stock on the Ford Accessories store for over a month and there are only 3 Ford dealers in my state (WA) that do the Ford Accessories thing.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The VXDiag VCX NANO is on sale now on the VXDiag website for $89 with free shipping.

VXDiag VCX NANO for Ford IDS V130 Mazda IDS V131 2 in 1 USB Version (vxdiagshop.com)

Still pretty pricey though when you combine the $50 cost of 48 hour FDRS license.

I would just buy keypad from Ford Accessories and pay the $24 installation charge but the version that works with remote auto start has been out of stock on the Ford Accessories store for over a month and there are only 3 Ford dealers in my state (WA) that do the Ford Accessories thing.
If you were only using it once for programming the keypad, I would agree with you. However, I can't tell you how often I have used this tool to do so many things (especially programming steering racks). It has paid for itself and then some.

The $50 two day license was an annoyance, so I just purchased the 1 year license and recouped my cost by using it to program steering racks. I would absolutely do it again.

misterspivey

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you were only using it once for programming the keypad, I would agree with you. However, I can't tell you how often I have used this tool to do so many things (especially programming steering racks). It has paid for itself and then some.

The $50 two day license was an annoyance, so I just purchased the 1 year license and recouped my cost by using it to program steering racks. I would absolutely do it again.
Thanks @mpeugeot. I followed your advice and purchased the VCX Nano.

For anyone else interested in this, If you buy the VCX Nano direct from VXdiag and use the code VXDIAG, the price for the adapter is $83.66 delivered. If you live in a high sales tax state, and need an adapter for Forscan anyway (in addition to FDRS), you can actually do the keypad mod yourself cheaper than the part purchase/installation combo deal from Ford Accessories and definitely cheaper than just paying a dealer to install it.

thelegendaryrob

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco WT, 23 Forest River FR3 32DS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2023 Wildtrak and I only see RKE under BCM, not under RTM. Am I missing a step?
Sponsored