Sponsored

How to add a Keyless Entry - The Supereasy Edition.

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

a Ford login account
Is this something anyone can get? I assume its different from the one I use on their regular website?

I tried using my normal login and got an error: CSIAH0320E whatever that means...
Sponsored

schlotzj

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the dealer add the keypad to my Bronco, they wanted $135 for the keypad and installation. Normally I would do things like this myself, I've messed around with Forscan on my Bronco and Maverick, added NAV to my Maverick but I thought for $135 let them do it.
I checked with my dealer as well…the $20 installation charge on Ford Accessories website includes programming the keypad. The dealer stated they would otherwise charge at least one hour of labor but since they contract with Ford Accessories they can only charge what is listed for installation.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Without any dicking around from the dealer, order the following:

Keyless Entry Keypad KB3Z-14A626-A (FOR BRONCO WITHOUT REMOTE START)
Keyless Entry Keypad KB3Z-14A626-B (FOR BRONCO WITH REMOTE START)

J2534 Adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/VXDIAG-Nano-Ford-Mazda-V100/dp/B01EFWPAN0

VXDiag Software:
http://www.vxdiag.net/managecenter/download/vxdiag.zip

And the Ford FDRS Software:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagnostic/Support?channelId=51&categoryId=304

And it is super easy to do with FDRS Software from Ford's website. You need to get a 2 day license for the software ($50).

You will need the Keyless Entry Pad, internet access, the FDRS license, a Ford login account, and Internet access in order to install the Keyless Entry. NOTE: When you buy the license it doesn't make your account... or it did not for me. So that was an extra step. (I actually installed all the FDRS,FJDS, IDS, and VCI software)

I installed the license in FJDS only to find out that FJDS doesn't work on the Bronco.

After intalling the FDRS software , the VXDiag Software, and the J2534 Adapter;
Start the FDRS software.
Open FDRS, log into your account using FDRS
Look for the Keyless Entry Programming section and download that routine from the net.
Make sure the vehicle is off, and start the module, follow the instructions.
Power on vehicle when prompted.
Enter the six digit serial number when prompted.
Test the Keyless Entry Lock when prompted.
Turn off the vehicle when prompted.
Test the entry code.
Program your new personal code if desired.
Test your personal entry code
press 7-8/9-0 to lock your vehicle.

You are done.

It was really quite easy! Hope that helps anyone who wants to tackle this.

Here is a video on FDRS keypad programming:

It works that easy!
Thanks for doing this. I'd like to add this keypad to the plastic area in the B-pillar but the number keys would be sideways though. Wondering if the Maverick keypad is stick-on like Bronco's and if the Maverick version is compatible with the Bronco platform.

Have you or are you planning to do anything with the sound bar flash for the rear speakers using FDRS?

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this something anyone can get? I assume its different from the one I use on their regular website?

I tried using my normal login and got an error: CSIAH0320E whatever that means...
I created a separate account for it on the FDRS website (but it is supposed to work cross all the websites).

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for doing this. I'd like to add this keypad to the plastic area in the B-pillar but the number keys would be sideways though. Wondering if the Maverick keypad is stick-on like Bronco's and if the Maverick version is compatible with the Bronco platform.

Have you or are you planning to do anything with the sound bar flash for the rear speakers using FDRS?
I was planning on eventually using it to flash modules to replace failed modules in the future. I played with the speakers some but didn't have enough time to really dig into everything. I also was trying to enable lane centering, but failed.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is excellent information. Thanks for sharing.

Somewhat related: I had to replace my ABS controller in my Explorer. The part, new with install from authorized Ford dealer service was crazy expensive. Thus, I pulled an ABS module from a junker and installed it myself. Everything began working again: Traction control, ABS, annoying Rollover system audible tone every 10 minutes gone.... However, the MIL showed a VIN mismatch in the ECU. I didn't have the tools to program the car's original VIN into the junker part.
Ford used these very tools the OP mentioned to plug the VIN into the junker part. After shopping dealers for a bit, I found one willing to do the programming for $100. Most dealers (and I understand) would only do the programming if they also replaced and warranted the entire brake system.. big $$$)
Point is. Having these tools and software can be useful for many purposes if you like to do your own work....and save money....

Ramjet

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

J2534 Adapter:

VXDiag Software:

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagnostic/Support?channelId=51&categoryId=304

And it is super easy to do with FDRS Software from Ford's website. You need to get a 2 day license for the software ($50).

You will need the Keyless Entry Pad, internet access, the FDRS license, a Ford login account, and Internet access in order to install the Keyless Entry. NOTE: When you buy the license it doesn't make your account... or it did not for me. So that was an extra step. (I actually installed all the FDRS,FJDS, IDS, and VCI software)

I installed the license in FJDS only to find out that FJDS doesn't work on the Bronco.

Start the FDRS software.
Look for the Keyless Entry Programming section and download that routine from the net.
Test the entry code.

You are done.

It works that easy!
Great post!

I decided to go the dealership route for $90 programming fee.

I have the keyless entry pad (with remote start)

After the dealership programmed, I can use the 5 digit security code on the keypad to unlock and press the 1/2 button to reset, get the 2 fast and 2 slow lights to blink, but it will not program a new 5 digit personal code? No confirmation, no light blinks?

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?
Did the dealership forget to program something else?

Thanks

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great post!

I decided to go the dealership route for $90 programming fee.

I have the keyless entry pad (with remote start)

After the dealership programmed, I can use the 5 digit security code on the keypad to unlock and press the 1/2 button to reset, get the 2 fast and 2 slow lights to blink, but it will not program a new 5 digit personal code? No confirmation, no light blinks?

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?
Did the dealership forget to program something else?

Thanks
I don't remember all the steps for the personal code off the top of my head, but I didn't need to do anything special to make it work.

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I checked with my dealer as well…the $20 installation charge on Ford Accessories website includes programming the keypad. The dealer stated they would otherwise charge at least one hour of labor but since they contract with Ford Accessories they can only charge what is listed for installation.
Thanks for posting this information as I just ordered a unit through the Ford Accessories sight and opted for installation which is now $24 for a grand total of $127.61.

Sponsored

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

J2534 Adapter:

VXDiag Software:

Start the FDRS software.
Test the entry code.

You are done.

It works that easy!
Thanks for posting this, as a regular user of Forscan I definitely see the advantage of this method also.

I will say however that based on another poster's comment I ordered the unit through Ford Accessories and with installation included it comes to $127.61. This is a great alternative for those not wanting to buy the necessary equipment to do the install themselves.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I specifically did not order the keypad because I didn't want it installed on the door. It's rather clunky looking--more bulky than the one that is on our 2004 F-150. I'm glad you posted this and I found it, because I was probably going to order it online, in which case the local dealer likely would have charged me the labor rate. It might be a few dollars more ordering directly from the dealer, but if that locks me into a $20 installation charge, it's well worth it. And the extra $20-30 vs. ordering it is well worth it to have it inside the fuel door or something. (y)

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And thanks for this thread.
I didn’t think I wanted the keypad when I ordered my Bronco. Now, I realize that carrying that huge fob is a bit of a PITA.
I got the keypad from the accessories site for $100, asked my dealer about programming it up - $220!!! So, it sits on a shelf.
Now that you posted this, I’ll go at it myself.
Thanks again!
Sponsored