Sponsored

How to avoid scratches to vinyl windows?

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spoiler: you just can't.

I have treated fairly well my Bronco since I took delivery back in December. Of course, it's a soft top and I have tried everything in my power to keep the windows vinyl as new as posible.

However, It's imposible!! With every hand wash I do it just get new scratches.

I'm all eyes to read some suggestions an ideas.
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't use anything that touches the vinyl windows when washing, IOW, use only jet of water from carwash, no cloth

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...1C33492246FE0BC273111C3&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
This is the way. When you take them off, store them in the bag or otherwise flat with something soft between them. You can get some stuff to buff out scratches but it's a pain and may or may not work to your liking. Look on boat / Marine forums for lots of info on care for these type of windows if you don't want to fraternize with the jeepers. my 2013 JK has very few scratches.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fschael

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't use anything that touches the vinyl windows when washing, IOW, use only jet of water from carwash, no cloth

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...1C33492246FE0BC273111C3&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
I saw the video and still not convinced as those vinyls looks like foggy.

Our Bronco has a crystal clear vinyl and it's completely shiny.

I tried with just water but when you dry it with a microfiber cloth, it will scratch it.

It's really susceptible to scratches this vinyl and the idea to hang it on the garage is perfect to store them. However, at some point you need to clean it.

Also, the whole idea of having soft top (beside avoid delays from hard top) it's to take it off any time and put them back when the rain comes to you.

When you do this, you wil have some light normal dirt on it and when you put them in a bag, it will scratch from that light dirt.

I guess that's one of the downside of having soft top and we will need to live with it.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Use PPF film cut to fit. I have no idea if it will stay on, with the amount of flex, removal of softtop, but its worth a try to those that are worried.
Sponsored