Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like many of you I reserved a Bronco early on and am incredibly excited to be ordering soon; however as the time draws near I see more and more threads of those who have already reached out to their dealer and often several other dealers to discuss pricing. The more I see, the more I'm sure I'm gonna F it up and get bent over a barrel. Unfortunately I am not too great with negotiation or being direct. For those of you who have had success in getting a good offer, how did you begin discussions with your respective dealer?
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many of you I reserved a Bronco early on and am incredibly excited to be ordering soon; however as the time draws near I see more and more threads of those who have already reached out to their dealer and often several other dealers to discuss pricing. The more I see, the more I'm sure I'm gonna F it up and get bent over a barrel. Unfortunately I am not too great with negotiation or being direct. For those of you who have had success in getting a good offer, how did you begin discussions with your respective dealer?
I made one reservation with Stevens and the other with Granger. There was nothing more to discuss; and I got the best deals available.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Had this discussion with my local dealer months ago via email. I am lucky to be able to support a local business (Here in Appalachia, these are my neighbors) I'm at Invoice. Others up in here are having to travel a lot of miles to get out from under their local dealers...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, there is little to discuss. They are going to charge you whatever they are going to charge you. There won't be any haggling. MSRP is what most will pay. Some less, some more. If you don't like your dealers terms, shop around.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am waiting till March to order, it may backfire, it may not.
But if they are not converting like they hoped, they may be more willing to deal to get an order in March.

Whatever you are trying to get from them, you need to hold fast and be willing to walk away.

Mine will be, whatever extra deposit they are asking for is what I want off MSRP, I making a commitment to buy, they are knocking some off MSRP, everyone wins, or convert the next order. I dont need a Bronco, I want a Bronco. The dealer doesnt need my money, they want my money, I can assure you they want my money more than I want to give it to them.

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was able to negotiate and get the equivalent of x-plan pricing from my dealership. I leveraged the already widely published Granger and Stephens deals and simply stated that this vehicle was already over my desired price range, and if they couldn't come down to at least x-plan, I would transfer to Stephens. As a side note, it is a dealer that I recently had a great experience with in getting a vehicle repaired. I buttered them up a bit and offered to write some stellar reviews. Thankfully it worked and I am happy to not have to travel to pick up my bronco.

If you are fully ready to walk out the door and have a backup plan, It is amazing how much negotiating power you have. I know dealerships are going to try to squeeze every penny out of these high demand vehicles, but honestly, they should be saving that for the Broncos that will show up on their lots. In these reservation situations, all they have to do is order the thing....no shady sales tactics required.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also hate negotiating and usually just contact multiple dealers and go with the cheapest reasonable price. You can identify dealers that aren't intending to offer a fair price pretty easily.

Some advice, for what it is worth:

1) Be polite, friendly, and honest. Realize that some dealers will never offer you a fair price and it will have nothing to do with your negotiating skills. You don't have to be a good negotiator, but you have to be willing to walk away if a deal is not fair to you. Take your time. And you have to be willing to consider purchasing from multiple dealers.
2) Don't agree to "come in" to their dealership to "place your order". Do it by phone or email. They want you there in person so they can manipulate you. That is their job, so it is hard to win at that game unless you enjoy sitting in an uncomfortable chair for hours. If on a phone call they want to put you on hold to "talk to their manager", politely decline and tell them you will call or email them later.
3) Negotiate in this order: price including fees, deposit/terms, trade/financing. If you deviate from that, you have already lost. If they tell you that finalizing your order is urgent for some reason, just laugh.
4) They will want to know what you want to order. You decide whether to tell them specifics or keep it vague. But keep in mind they make more profit on high end models and may be more flexible in price. Talk only about price - don't let them distract you with anything else. If you are paying cash, don't disclose that because they prefer to make extra money through the financing. Also don't discuss trades/leasing/payments or it will become hopelessly muddled. It is fine to say "let's discuss that later" or "I haven't decided yet" to any question that is not in your best interest to reveal.
5) Let them know that you are ready to order from them, but that a fair price is important to you. Ask them for their best price. Then tell them if it is too high and ask them if they will match a better local offer if you find one (this will let you know of they will negotiate at all). You can offer them what you are willing to pay to "close the deal today", but don't make it a hard line, or get sucked into a back-and-forth negotiation until after talking to other dealers. Don't let it drag on, but tell them you will consider your options. Don't give them a hard no, to keep your options open. There is no rush, so don't feel like you have to reach agreement in one discussion.
6) Repeat with other prospective dealers that you are willing to purchase from. Assure them that you are ready to order from them if they offer a fair price, so they don't brush you off as using them as a price match. If one meets your price then reward them with your order!
7) When contacting dealerships you are unfamiliar with, try contacting the internet sales manager. He or she may be empowered to make price decisions and is less likely to play games. If you get placed with a floor sales guy, it can be painful.
8) I would wait until at least mid-Feb when dealers discover that it is difficult to convert their 400 reservations into actual orders. But that is just a guess.

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely have to be willing to walk. Close to invoice is a fair deal if you don’t want to travel for under invoice.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Step 1 - Dealer contacts you.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for that step to happen for the reservation I made in July. That's why I made a 2nd res with Granger. If and when dealer #1 ever does contact me I'll see what they have to say. I always try and go local when possible but it's a 2-way street - business is earned, not given.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Step 1 - Dealer contacts you.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for that step to happen for the reservation I made in July. That's why I made a 2nd res with Granger. If and when dealer #1 ever does contact me I'll see what they have to say. I always try and go local when possible but it's a 2-way street - business is earned, not given.
I guess everyone has a different way of doing things. I try and not let myself get into a time crunch and would rather have things like pricing agreed to and out of the way, while I still have time to move my reservation. It's great that you have a back up plan with Granger. You should definitely use that as your leverage in pricing with your dealer #1.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure where In the forum this question goes but I’m sure one of you can answer it. How do you save your build configuration in a format that you can email it?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure where In the forum this question goes but I’m sure one of you can answer it. How do you save your build configuration in a format that you can email it?
Just copy the URL once you’ve checked all your boxes.

The URL of the B&P changes dynamically with every selection, so you can take the final url and plug it into any browser and it will create the exact same build.

The warning here is that it’s dependent on that staying true through B&P versions.

The most permanent way is to save your B&P out into a PDF (either print or export options). You can email that document too.

I keep a spreadsheet with my purchase math, and the URLs in there for each build, that way I can quickly share with people or edit my builds... but I have a folder of PDFs for historical reference.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Worst case scenario, you can copy the final URL and paste it in an email. Just make sure they verify your order with you.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your leverage to negotiate is NOW. With the popularity of the vehicle, the only thing you can use in your favor is to convey that you will switch your reservation to a dealer with more favorable terms. If you are going to do that, sooner is better than later. Good luck.
Sponsored