Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same with snow, I always heard to turn it off in deep snow if your stuck.
I lived in Syracuse, NY for a few years with a powerful RWD car on snow tires. You definitely want to turn off the TC in deep snow once your comfortable with how the car will drive and react in situations. The TC can bug you down by limiting wheel slip when you need it, or it can force you to understeer when a proper application of throttle can straighten you out.

In general, getting unstuck in snow is actually kind of a similar process to getting unstuck in sand. But it also depends on the type of snow your stuck in, and how deep.

But if you don't want to get stuck in the first place...the Three Peek Mountain Snowflake symbol on all seasons and ATs means nothing to real snow and ice conditions. Get real snow tires and don't be a menace.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what's the difference between turning TC off and holding the bitton to really turn it off?

I would think that when you select a goat mode like sand, it should automatically turn off TC.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I lived in Syracuse, NY for a few years with a powerful RWD car on snow tires. You definitely want to turn off the TC in deep snow once your comfortable with how the car will drive and react in situations. The TC can bug you down by limiting wheel slip when you need it, or it can force you to understeer when a proper application of throttle can straighten you out.

In general, getting unstuck in snow is actually kind of a similar process to getting unstuck in sand. But it also depends on the type of snow your stuck in, and how deep.

But if you don't want to get stuck in the first place...the Three Peek Mountain Snowflake symbol on all seasons and ATs means nothing to real snow and ice conditions. Get real snow tires and don't be a menace.
This ^ Traction control can be a nuisance in snow. Sometimes you just need the wheels to spin a bit to get some bite. I remember with my focus (and occasionally with my Mustang but that TC system wasn't as advanced lol) I was trying to get up a slight incline on a road and TC just kept killing the power had to hold the button to get it completely off before it finally shut off. I was then able to just manipulate the throttle to get enough traction to get moving.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posts from two Ultra4 Kings. Well, Loren has won it, Vaughn well on his way.

Vaughn also released a post this week in his new Raptor; dude is crazy. Totally shreaded the grass outside of his RTR headquarters in NC doing donuts and burn outs on the Raptor’s first day! :ROFLMAO:

I swear, race car drivers are the worst and best all at the same time; was awesome!

FUN HAVER! Send it!!
Sponsored