Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am struggling with this on the badlands. to go bigger tires (37s) don't I need/want the 4.7 rear axle?
yes you do! so if you want to go sasquatch you can make things a little easier so you get it standard but at the same time you will basically be wasting your money because you will be replacing the suspension, wheels and tires. Better to just get standard badlands and spend money through 4WP or other aftermarket companies
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the Bilsteins won't take a level lift without binding up the CV's at full droop....
Wait, so you have confirmed that even putting a leveling kit on a Badlands or Sasquatch won't work? Are these suspensions really maxed out as they come? If so that is very disappointing. I'd suspect most Badlands purchasers are planning on minimal effort to throw some 35s on with aftermarket wheels. I'd bet many Sasquatch buyers are thinking of throwing on some 37s once their tires wear out.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes you do! so if you want to go sasquatch you can make things a little easier so you get it standard but at the same time you will basically be wasting your money because you will be replacing the suspension, wheels and tires. Better to just get standard badlands and spend money through 4WP or other aftermarket companies
Who wouldn't sell take-offs to offset that cost difference though?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, so you have confirmed that even putting a leveling kit on a Badlands or Sasquatch won't work? Are these suspensions really maxed out as they come? If so that is very disappointing. I'd suspect most Badlands purchasers are planning on minimal effort to throw some 35s on with aftermarket wheels. I'd bet many Sasquatch buyers are thinking of throwing on some 37s once their tires wear out.
Longer springs are a go, spacers are not ... its been much discussed in this thread.

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the stock offset wheel and 33's should be no problem on the street. go wheel it and see if it rubs the plastic. I'd risk it on my own vehicle.
S0 I should take my non-sas BB to Mavis discount and put on 33' BFGoodrich AT T/A K02'S and drive away? :D done and done.

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL, or Squatch lifted slightly with pucks, and limit straps to keep cv bind under control?!.?!.?!. IJS

Although you would lose a small amount of overall travel distance.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thats true, but you wont get tons of money from the parts I feel like personally. I mean right now with part demands you may get good money out of them and sell them to another Bronco customer who would like the upgraded suspension but I feel like it would be pretty hard to sell. Idk maybe its just me but if i am going to spend money i would rather just skip squatch if i was going straight to 37's. That was my original plan but i decided to hold back for a year or so to let the bronco be out for longer so more options become available through after market.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@CDawg297! - figuring that I want the electronics working fine on the rear end with the car computer? given the various driving modes and having a drivetrain under warranty. Also thinking I won't mode the suspension until after the first set of tires, then as Velocity says, sell the wheelz.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thats true, but you wont get tons of money from the parts I feel like personally. I mean right now with part demands you may get good money out of them and sell them to another Bronco customer who would like the upgraded suspension but I feel like it would be pretty hard to sell. Idk maybe its just me but if i am going to spend money i would rather just skip squatch if i was going straight to 37's. That was my original plan but i decided to hold back for a year or so to let the bronco be out for longer so more options become available through after market.
Coming from the Subaru community where STI parts are like gold I feel like there will always be a demand for Sasquatch suspension and wheel take-offs. Its not like this is a 2 year run vehicle.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@CDawg297! - figuring that I want the electronics working fine on the rear end with the car computer? given the various driving modes and having a drivetrain under warranty. Also thinking I won't mode the suspension until after the first set of tires, then as Velocity says, sell the wheelz.
LuL WuT

Sponsored

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming from the Subaru community where STI parts are like gold I feel like there will always be a demand for Sasquatch suspension and wheel take-offs. Its not like this is a 2 year run vehicle.
ahhh i gotcha! yeah thats true. I mean if you have a base or BD and arent upgrading to squatch would be worth it to get those from someone else not using it

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL, or Squatch lifted slightly with pucks, and limit straps to keep cv bind under control?!.?!.?!. IJS

Although you would lose a small amount of overall travel distance.
Yep. That would work.

From my understanding of what is going on:

Base - OB shocks don't allow the wheels to drop far enough, so a "level/budget" lift with spacers is fine.

BL / Sas shocks allow for greater range of motion / more drop, and CV angle is maximized already, so therefore a "level/budget" lift will cause CV problems at max drop.

If you want to quickly raise a BL or Sas height and you don't want to lose range of motion, you'd need to change something about the springs... basically raising where the vehicle sits at rest within its normal range. If you do the budget lift, you'd have to limit downward travel by the same amount to protect the CV's but also limiting travel.

The Ford parts catalog does indeed list three separate suspension called "Standard," "Special" and "High Ride" with images that that correspond to Base-OB, BL, and Sas shocks we've seen in public.

As a result, I suspect that if you want to turn your BL setup into a Sas height, you'll probably need to do the spring adjustment listed above, and then add a spacer to limit compression so you don't get interference with the 35" tire at compression.

This actually jives with the Ford rep stating there is a 10mm "spacer" and the other stating it's 10mm "higher" on the sas than the BL.... what they meant was the shock spindle is 10mm longer on the Sas, raising the vehicle by that much, but then there is also an equivalent decreased range of motion / articulation which has also been mentioned to protect the CVs.

This could be the reason why there are different shock parts and BL is said to have the greatest articulation of all trims.

From the parts catalog:

Ford Bronco How to Fit 35” or 37” Tires on 2021 Bronco? 4WP Explains Shock Comparison

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-parts-department-catalog-is-up.16634/

Last edited:

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@CDawg297!
The computer drive modes (GOAT,etc) are all electronically controlling the drivetrain, I am assuming somewhere there is an electronic connection and part in the rear axel assembly that is being controlled? I don't think this is as simple as just switch the rear end later on or open it up and change the gearing.. If you want a 4.7 final drive, that's going to cost something , how much before you bump up against the Squatch on a BL $2500 upgrade... one will go through most of that pretty quickly form what most comments on this forum seem to say that the squatch is a bargain just for getting the drivetrain right.

Educate me on where I am wrong. I don't mean that in a snarky way, I really do NOT know... !

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, that's why I'm asking what coilovers they will have for the rear, as well as and other rear suspension parts they will have.
I don’t understand your question. The 4WP coil overs come in a set of four all are 2 1/2 inch diameter and all are adjustable height.
Sponsored