Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Additionally, I just relistend to the video on page 1.

Ryan says 0 offset are going to “really rub” after commenting that trimming will need to be done to other setups for bigger tires.

He segues into this directly after talking about going to 37” tires and needing to cut pinch welds.

The million dollar question is: was that in context of the larger tires, since he said it immediately following it, or had he in that moment changed the subject away from tires to wheels/offset.

So, my conclusion:

Jury is still out. I’m not going to die on this hill, definitely no definitive answers just evidence… but I’m looking forward to @Thomas1984 and others experimenting and reporting back!
Will do! But my bronco build date got delayed last week from June 7th to June 28!, I need a new vehicle, this 06 civic I drive has 380000km, and it’s almost summer I want the bronco when it’s hot! I have the viper to tho 🤭
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man the difference in Sasquatch is 10mm lol, also a 4WP guy came in here promoting his business, heck yea he’s going to say that shit about RTR he wants all the cash $$$$ it’s a money racket man! It’s business.
Well, he hasn't said anything about RTR. And I'm specifically referring to 35s on +0 Fifteen52 wheels. I wish I could find the thread with the guy who did the Overland build. He was saying it needed a lift to fit the +0 and 35s but he didn't have time to add one so it rubbed. And that's before all the overlandy stuff was added.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ryan says 0 offset are going to “really rub” after commenting that trimming will need to be done to other setups for bigger tires.
FWIW on the first page in a reply Ryan said (referring to +0):
If you push those wheels way out they will definitely rub with 35's. you will need to trim plastic for sure.
Which suspension? Unclear. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, he hasn't said anything about RTR. And I'm specifically referring to 35s on +0 Fifteen52 wheels. I wish I could find the thread with the guy who did the Overland build. He was saying it needed a lift to fit the +0 and 35s but he didn't have time to add one so it rubbed. And that's before all the overlandy stuff was added.
He’s referring to -0 wheels which is all RTR sells for the bronco so far. Again I’m leaning more towards “they will fit” from all the information I have gathered from this forum and along with pictures and videos and a little bit of math! 35’s and -0 offsets will fit fine!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He’s referring to -0 wheels which is all RTR sells for the bronco so far. Again I’m leaning more towards “they will fit” from all the information I have gathered from this forum and along with pictures and videos and a little bit of math! 35’s and -0 offsets will fit fine!
RTR sells +0 and +30 for the Bronco but Ryan didn't ever mention RTR (or any other brands), just offset. All I'm saying is pretty much all the information in this forum says that +0 will rub with 35s on a stock Badlands. I do want you to be happy and to get the wheels that you want. But everything we've seen/heard points to rub and I haven't seen anything that says otherwise. If you could point me to something, I'd love to read it, and am completely willing to admit I'm wrong (as I have many times here). I'm with @ZackDanger in that I'm not willing to die on this hill and I hope for your sake that they fit.

edit: also keep in mind that Ridge Grapplers are a larger diameter than the KM3s on the Overland build (.26" larger than KM3s, .36" larger than the Sasquatch tires)

Last edited:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know some people are reluctant to trim, especially on a new vehicle, but it's never been one of my concerns. Driving Chevy and Toyota it's just pay to play.

Rubbing isn't necessarily bad. Some setups will only rub at full articulation and full lock. For a vehicle that stays on the pavement, it may not ever be a concern. Most of us will know what works and what doesn't by the time we get our Bronco anyway. If all it requires is beating pinch welds and trimming plastic, that's not even enough to get worked up over. It's when the blue tape and sawzall comes out that it gets real.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RTR sells +0 and +30 for the Bronco but Ryan didn't ever mention RTR (or any other brands), just offset. All I'm saying is pretty much all the information in this forum says that +0 will rub with 35s on a stock Badlands. I do want you to be happy and to get the wheels that you want. But everything we've seen/heard points to rub and I haven't seen anything that says otherwise. If you could point me to something, I'd love to read it, and am completely willing to admit I'm wrong (as I have many times here). I'm with @ZackDanger in that I'm not willing to die on this hill and I hope for your sake that they fit.

edit: also keep in mind that Ridge Grapplers are a larger diameter than the KM3s on the Overland build (.26" larger than KM3s, .36" larger than the Sasquatch tires)
I didn’t think the ridge grapplers an all terrain tire las a larger diameter then the km3 mud tire! Thanks for that reference now your helping lol

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This thread has proven to be informative regarding suspension geometry yet just as annoying as the rest regarding lack of information. I either need a bronco or a different hobby.....

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y’all need to kiss and make up. Those of us that care about scrub angle will run positive offset wheels. Those that don’t will run 0 and talk about how cool “a lil poke” looks.

It won’t be the end of the world.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at the Badlands vs Sasquatch suspension diagrams I am seeing more travel on the Sasquatch, that being said I'm still curious to know if the Badlands will take a 10-20mm spacer lift 🧐

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, I want to know if I can put 275/70R18 tires on my OBX stock 7.5x18" rim. This is a 33" tire. Can the computer be readjusted, so brakes and mpg work to spec, or does it matter? Will it clear? Note the Stock Badlands has 33" tires, BUT, it slso has the yellow Bilstein shocks (do they provide clearance, or any lift)?
So far the answer on re-cal is a no. I suspect you will need a Ford performance tune to do this, but they have only said it's coming sometime in the future and no word on the 2.3L. Everyone I asked has said they can't re-cal the speedo.
This is one reason I moved from the Base non-sas to BB.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 chevy silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So most of this is way over my head so I just have what I'm smart enough to know is a really dumb question. Would I be able to take the black diamond tires and put them on the big bend wheels and put them on a big bend. Without any trimming or any of that.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So most of this is way over my head so I just have what I'm smart enough to know is a really dumb question. Would I be able to take the black diamond tires and put them on the big bend wheels and put them on a big bend. Without any trimming or any of that.
IMHO Yes, same suspension, same wheel dimensions/offset

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anybody know the specifics on the Ford Performance build in Moab? There has been almost no info on it. I looked at it briefly and noted it had standard suspension, non-standard flares, large tires and wheels (maybe 0 offset??) Photo from another thread for reference:

Ford Bronco How to Fit 35” or 37” Tires on 2021 Bronco? 4WP Explains 1621097319364

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Off topic but what’s that graphic over the hood and along the side?
Sponsored