First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been unsuccessful at obtaining a "signed purchase agreement" from my dealer despite numerous requests. It is suggested by Ford that you get this but dealership simply says that they don't add an "admin" to the price. I can't get them to give me a signed purchase agreement. I am a 7/16/20 reservation date with a 1/22/21 order date which has been updated/confirmed with dealer for 2022 model. After all the nightmare scenarios on this forum, I am very nervous about this. Can anyone tell me how they were successful at obtaining a "signed purchase agreement" as instructed by Ford? I would sleep better if I had one!
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You trying to do this in person or online?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're buying a vehicle from someone, I'd think you'd want to know what the price of the vehicle is and all the fees they plan on charging you at that time. In the name of transparency and completing a deal, Ford thinks it's standard procedure. You might ask them why they think it isn't?

edit: If they even mention anything in the neighborhood of "trust us...", that'd be the first sign that I wouldn't do anything close to that.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You need to speak to your dealer to agree on a price and get it in writing - the big challenge you have now is that word is out and dealers see what kind of ADMs are out there to be had and many of them will be reluctant to agree on anything until the vehicle is on the lot and they know what the market will bear. You are in an unfortunate situation, but just escalate politely thru the dealership chain of command - or start looking elsewhere to transfer - but have it in writing from them first.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You need to speak to your dealer to agree on a price and get it in writing - the big challenge you have now is that word is out and dealers see what kind of ADMs are out there to be had and many of them will be reluctant to agree on anything until the vehicle is on the lot and they know what the market will bear. You are in an unfortunate situation, but just escalate politely thru the dealership chain of command - or start looking elsewhere to transfer - but have it in writing from them first.
The word is also out that if a dealer adds a surprise adm, the Internet will run them through the wringer. I believe the recent events have at least caused dealers to think a little longer about adding an adm to a reservation holder.

this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get a signed price agreement, though!

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The word is also out that if a dealer adds a surprise adm, the Internet will run them through the wringer. I believe the recent events have at least caused dealers to think a little longer about adding an adm to a reservation holder.
True but the latest article that's floating around out there about that exact situation is that the dealer won that battle. That may make them a little more bold in their approach.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True but the latest article that's floating around out there about that exact situation is that the dealer won that battle. That may make them a little more bold in their approach.
They only “won” because the buyer lost his cool. And then the forum turned into a pack of wild dogs.

The next dealer who does that is going to think twice.

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I brought this up with my dealership, a small-town operation here, when I went in (in person) this past Monday to go over and have him submit my re-order for a now '22 model. I'm dealing directly with the owner of the dealership, after at first they paired me with a sales assoc. last year who didn't know enough about the Bronc and this owner guy was the one entering the ordering info into the system anyway. I mentioned what Ford recommends now from that email they sent out, and even though he assured me that he'd never slap a surprise ADM on after delivery, he signed and dated the DORA order sheet printout and circled the MSRP price (which he said he won't do anything over or below MSRP). So hoping that's all I need to rule out hidden fees. We'll see.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in this exact waiting game now. Got voicemail and email (10/21/21) stating MSRP. I sent them a snapshot from Ford.com stating getting a signed sales order was suggested and formally requested one.

I don't mind finding ways to fill my vehicle needs if the Bronco is later if all the paperwork is in order. I'm not sure of my plan if I can't get a signed sales order. I should have just ordered a Model Y a year ago to take the pressure off my need to have a vehicle By May. They are out into June now for deliveries.

I'm don't want to wait around another 4-8 months for this ADM thing to be hanging over my head. It's like a 13-month bad relationship already...

My friends with MachE, Maverick, and Lightning reservations are all in the same boat.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It absolutely states in the Ford '22 order consultation checklist. Get the GM or Dealer, salesperson is not likely to have authority to do this. If they still won't, call Ford and try to move it somewhere else. I understand if they won't put a specific number on paper but a simple. "We agree to sell Bronco order number XXXXXX to Mr. Smith for (MSRP plus sales tax, plus doc, plus tire tax, plus any accessories, less trade in if applicable). Needs to be signed by customer and person with decision making authority at the dealership.

Ford Bronco How to get a "signed purchase agreement" as suggested by Ford 1634908143075

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go into the dealer and bring the email/doc where Ford says to negotiate pricing before ordering. If they still refuse to give you something in writing it is because they are reserving their "right" to screw you over later.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Win a battle but lose the war is how the saying goes. The fact the dealer in the published scenario requested the negative review be removed proves they worry.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have other local dealers visit them and tell them you have a reservation and want to know if they wI’ll provide the documentation you desire. That is what I did before I met with my assigned dealer. It really is the only leverage the buyer has at this moment in time. All the dealers agreed to my terms, so I went with my original. BTW, I have bought a few vehicles from this dealer so that may also have ensured their cooperation. You can move your reservation.
Sponsored