Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been unsuccessful at obtaining a "signed purchase agreement" from my dealer despite numerous requests. It is suggested by Ford that you get this but dealership simply says that they don't add an "admin" to the price. I can't get them to give me a signed purchase agreement. I am a 7/16/20 reservation date with a 1/22/21 order date which has been updated/confirmed with dealer for 2022 model. After all the nightmare scenarios on this forum, I am very nervous about this. Can anyone tell me how they were successful at obtaining a "signed purchase agreement" as instructed by Ford? I would sleep better if I had one!
Then you have a Dealer that can't be trusted. READERS: Learn from others experiences...ALWAYS GET AGREEMENTS IN WRITING AND SIGNED! This is what I did: At reservation time my selected Dealer would NOT commit to no ADM. I found another local small dealer that agreed to MSRP. I got their agreement in an email and asked that they send me a letter stating the same. I got the letter...from the Owner! So I switched my reservation to them. I have been happy with everything they have done with me and the communication. When I ordered and when I did my re-order; we both signed the order form. In addition, I had a contractual Addendum that stated what I expected and an agreement to MSRP. Well...the Sales Manager signed it. SIGNED AGREEMENTS!!! For those that are just signing the order sheet....with nothing else in writing....you have no price agreement with the Dealer. I am a little older and learned my lesson a long time ago.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then you have a Dealer that can't be trusted. READERS: Learn from others experiences...ALWAYS GET AGREEMENTS IN WRITING AND SIGNED! This is what I did: At reservation time my selected Dealer would NOT commit to no ADM. I found another local small dealer that agreed to MSRP. I got their agreement in an email and asked that they send me a letter stating the same. I got the letter...from the Owner! So I switched my reservation to them. I have been happy with everything they have done with me and the communication. When I ordered and when I did my re-order; we both signed the order form. In addition, I had a contractual Addendum that stated what I expected and an agreement to MSRP. Well...the Sales Manager signed it. SIGNED AGREEMENTS!!! For those that are just signing the order sheet....with nothing else in writing....you have no price agreement with the Dealer. I am a little older and learned my lesson a long time ago.
This is the addendum I had them sign:
ATTACHMENT A (to Sales Agreement):
Bronco 2022 re-order (pushed from MY21)
RESERVATION NUMBER: 0000000 My name

1. FORD has agreed to pay directly to the Dealer installation costs of Ford Accessories ordered in conjunction with a Bronco order. No installation costs to the Customer. If Ford does not pay the installation costs on any accessories ordered through the Dealer, the Dealer will install them at no charge to the customer. (Tailgate table, Sill plate protectors, Light Bar, hood protector, possibly splash guards)

2. Vehicle is being sold to customer at MSRP. No add on/additional charges (alarm system, coatings, fabric treatments, etc.) Internal document processing fee not to exceed $100.00.

Just FYI: MSRP price protection through Ford being pushed to a model year 2022 from model year 2021; By Ford/Black Diamond 2 door/$975.00/certificate to be issued by “Smart Vincent” Dealer Connection.

3. Do NOT order or install any front or rear license plate bracket or Dealer frame. Do NOT drill into either bumper. Owner has aftermarket mount to self install.

Please consult with customer regarding installing of accessories. (wiring location to OEM switches, the table; has had issues with screws too long going through exterior painted body panels, etc.)

_____________________ __ ________________________

My name Dealer Rep

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco How to get a "signed purchase agreement" as suggested by Ford 078388AA-ED8B-46E8-9AEC-B2CB9EE4CA76

I got it without asking

PF201

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I spoke to Ford Corporate and was told the same thing, get a signed Purchase Agreement. When I brought it up with my dealer he said no problem, I showed up, he ran the docs, I signed and he came back with everything in an envelope. I left and when I got home realized they never countersigned the agreement. I called immediately and was told "don't worry" which I did but they actually sent me a scanned copy of the signed doc later that same day. Point is, even when you think its OK, review everything again before leaving the dealership ! I had a few hours of high blood pressure thinking I was getting screwed.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It absolutely states in the Ford '22 order consultation checklist. Get the GM or Dealer, salesperson is not likely to have authority to do this. If they still won't, call Ford and try to move it somewhere else. I understand if they won't put a specific number on paper but a simple. "We agree to sell Bronco order number XXXXXX to Mr. Smith for (MSRP plus sales tax, plus doc, plus tire tax, plus any accessories, less trade in if applicable). Needs to be signed by customer and person with decision making authority at the dealership.

Ford Bronco How to get a "signed purchase agreement" as suggested by Ford 078388AA-ED8B-46E8-9AEC-B2CB9EE4CA76
This. Bring any documentation from Ford, that directs the customer to agree on price and have a signed purchase agreement. If dealer refuses, ask why are they not following Ford's direct advised procedure. Put the documentation in front of them. It's not like you are making things up, you are following Ford's procedure.

OP
OP

Living off road

Big Bend
First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you have other local dealers visit them and tell them you have a reservation and want to know if they wI’ll provide the documentation you desire. That is what I did before I met with my assigned dealer. It really is the only leverage the buyer has at this moment in time. All the dealers agreed to my terms, so I went with my original. BTW, I have bought a few vehicles from this dealer so that may also have ensured their cooperation. You can move your reservation.
If you have other local dealers visit them and tell them you have a reservation and want to know if they wI’ll provide the documentation you desire. That is what I did before I met with my assigned dealer. It really is the only leverage the buyer has at this moment in time. All the dealers agreed to my terms, so I went with my original. BTW, I have bought a few vehicles from this dealer so that may also have ensured their cooperation. You can move your reservation.
Thanks to all for your input. I don't know what to do at this point because my order is now in with Ford for the 2022. I am afraid that if I get any more aggressive with my dealer, insisting on a signed Purchase Agreement , they will knock me back to the end of the line? I am 7/16/20 res date with a 1/22/21 original order date for the 2021 and now a 10/19/22 order date for the 2022. I don't think I can change dealers at this point anyway. Plus who knows what the next dealer will do? They might SAY that they would give a signed purchase agreement but what happens after you switch over to them (that is, if this was even possible). What a mess!!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks to all for your input. I don't know what to do at this point because my order is now in with Ford for the 2022. I am afraid that if I get any more aggressive with my dealer, insisting on a signed Purchase Agreement , they will knock me back to the end of the line? I am 7/16/20 res date with a 1/22/21 original order date for the 2021 and now a 10/19/22 order date for the 2022. I don't think I can change dealers at this point anyway. Plus who knows what the next dealer will do? They might SAY that they would give a signed purchase agreement but what happens after you switch over to them (that is, if this was even possible). What a mess!!
Your order build time is based on your timestamp, the dealer can’t decide to bump you to the end of the line.

You can now move your reservation/order to another dealer… this is your leverage to get an agreed upon price in writing.

The dealer may not want to sign a “purchase agreement” without the vehicle in hand… since it sounds like a “purchase and sales agreement” and even you don’t want to agree to purchase something before you see it…

But you can absolutely come to an agreement on what you’ll pay. MSRP is published by Ford… agree to what you will pay based on MSRP, get it in writing, and feel comfortable.

If the dealer refuses to say in writing what they will charge you in respect to MSRP, take your reservation to another dealer who will. If you transfer your reservation/order, your timestamp follows you to the new dealer and you keep your overall place in line (though your place may be different relative to the new dealer’s order holders).

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It absolutely states in the Ford '22 order consultation checklist. Get the GM or Dealer, salesperson is not likely to have authority to do this. If they still won't, call Ford and try to move it somewhere else. I understand if they won't put a specific number on paper but a simple. "We agree to sell Bronco order number XXXXXX to Mr. Smith for (MSRP plus sales tax, plus doc, plus tire tax, plus any accessories, less trade in if applicable). Needs to be signed by customer and person with decision making authority at the dealership.

I believe only the customer signature is required on a purchase agreement?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe only the customer signature is required on a purchase agreement?
That depends on if we are talking about transactional understanding or what would hold up in court. I'm no lawyer but would think both parties would need to sign in the event the dealer claims ignorance or that person is no longer employed there. Ultimately I don't think any of these are bullet proof where signing would force you to take at that price or them to sell. Would a reasonable judge conclude it was a legit agreement, probably.

If they don't want to sign, especially on their form, my first questions would be, why. Second question would be, "how soon can they refund my deposit".

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a link to the above checklist? Appreciate it. I want to send to my dealer.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a link to the above checklist? Appreciate it. I want to send to my dealer.
This is one of ours I redacted just to show as an example. It’s a standard form used in many F&I offices.

LC4Dakar

Outer Banks
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus 7, Land Rover Series 2a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where exactly did this come from?

Ford Bronco How to get a "signed purchase agreement" as suggested by Ford 1635479341933
Sponsored