Sponsored

How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pay no attention to anyone who tells you that there will be no white top option for the Bronco..we simply don't know until we get to B&P.

My guess is..there will be..in the form of of the optional modular painted roof. If you are going to get a modular roof, they are all painted there is no "molded in" option and obviously this is the top of the line roof and more money.

The only way this doesn't work is if you get a Wildtrack or First Edition which comes with a Shadow Black painted modular hardtop.

If it's the case I will change my Wildtrack to a Badlands and pay a bit more.

The 4 Door Badlands and below Models have standard soft tops.

At this point order your options and leave the soft top.

Have your dealer order the body match color painted modular roof (In White) from an Outer Banks (you can also get body match mirror caps and door handles as well) through Parts Dept or possibly through the accessories program so you can finance it or if you can get the dealer to get creative there are couple other ways too.

Ford Bronco How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford. IMG_2329

Ford Bronco How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford. IMG_2328
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that parts will offer unpainted or primed modular tops, door handles, mirror caps, etc.

I don't think you'll be able to order a white modular top at all, apart from the purchase of a white Bronco with a body-color top.

So if you need a white top, I think the best option is to get whatever modular top is available for your trim and take it to a body shop. There will probably be a long wait to be able to order a modular top through parts, and when you can, you'll have to paint it.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that parts will offer unpainted or primed modular tops, door handles, mirror caps, etc.

I don't think you'll be able to order a white modular top at all, apart from the purchase of a white Bronco with a body-color top.
No the Modular Tops are painted from a special supplier that Ford has contracted with..they don't leave that factory unpainted..plus from watching their video the

So if you need a white top, I think the best option is to get whatever modular top is available for your trim and take it to a body shop. There will probably be a long wait to be able to order a modular top through parts, and when you can, you'll have to paint it.

Not these roofs, they are not made by Ford they are made by Webasto in Michigan. They are powder coated (much tougher than paint) ..something you won't get from a shop painted top.

https://www.webasto-group.com/en/original-equipment/roof-systems/

Now as for door handles or mirror caps IDK.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the best bet is to contact your dealer and see if they are willing to paint the black top white, that way they could get it done while you are getting any other DIOs or wheel upgrades. Otherwise, you could take it somewhere independently. I think it's going to be a clusterF finally getting delivery of our bronco, that i wouldnt mess with trying to special order some other unpainted top and creating delays.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are not plastic ...these are the modular tops (they are option

These tops are the same ones made for Jeep. And you can go right to the parts counter and order them..it's not hard..lol

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That was my thought as well.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are not plastic ...these are the modular tops (they are option

These tops are the same ones made for Jeep. And you can go right to the parts counter and order them..it's not hard..lol
It's made of the exact same material as the MIC from what I understand. The inside, where you can see the composite construction looks the same on both.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot powdercoat composites.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From what I can read in the tea leaves, the issue isn't Ford's unwillingness to accommodate a white color request, it is related to MOD tops anticipated to be VERY scarce for MY '21

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, give the guy a break. He just came to brilliant conclusion. The same possible option people have talked about here for months.
it doesnt sound like a conclusion to me since we dont know how ordering will work. He is just assuming you will be able to order tops in whatever color you want

The reality is the only white tops will likely be paired only with the white broncos coming out of the factory with that option.

Otherwise ford would be saying "yes you can order the white top because we will be producing them seperately in bulk"

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could order them from parts a couple of years after they released, yes

Also, they have different construction and materials than Jeep

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I know Webasto uses aluminum and composites, but you can powder coat fiberglass, and other materials, it's just that metals are easiest. I have a buddy who works for Ranger Boats and they powder coat composites.

https://greatdanepowdercoating.com/powder-coat-fiberglass/
Sponsored