Sponsored

How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this may work if you order a four door. Just get order the vehicle with a soft top and order a white painted modular on the side.

Doesn't work if you order a two door, unless you are will to throw away a perfectly good MIC top. No one will need it aftermarket as there are no soft top only owners of two doors. The only way is to pay 1900 for the shadow black painted modular top and then pay more to have it painted white.

I can understand MIC being gray and not wanting to be dark gray just like Jeep. I can understand only going through mpg certification for the manual on the 2.3L as it is likely to be a low take order rate and virtually no take rate from dealer inventory orders. I can sort of understand no squatch with the manual and they fixed that anyway. I can understand the lower tow rating due to the soft suspension, similar to the Jeep (and better for the two door).

I just don't understand what they were thinking on not offering a white painted modular top option on a retro styled vehicle, when both the EB (which this Bronco design is based on) and the FSB came with a white top, and that is how the enthusiast buyer thinks of them. They are literally leaving money on the table. What were they thinking?

Yes only works with the 4 door
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a good thing that the MIC gray top looks good on A51.

But a white top would be pretty cool too:

A51 Bronco.jpg

Reactions: RLW

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they don't have it you can't order it.
This whole idea works in theory, I pitched it at least a month ago in here (and others too), but D Fresh articulates why it probably wont work in practice.

There just wont be any white painted tops available to order for a while, regardless if they are making some for the Oxford White Broncos ordered with the Dual Top option.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pay no attention to anyone who tells you that there will be no white top option for the Bronco..we simply don't know until we get to B&P.

My guess is..there will be..in the form of of the optional modular painted roof. If you are going to get a modular roof, they are all painted there is no "molded in" option and obviously this is the top of the line roof and more money.

The only way this doesn't work is if you get a Wildtrack or First Edition which comes with a Shadow Black painted modular hardtop.

If it's the case I will change my Wildtrack to a Badlands and pay a bit more.

The 4 Door Badlands and below Models have standard soft tops.

At this point order your options and leave the soft top.

Have your dealer order the body match color painted modular roof (In White) from an Outer Banks (you can also get body match mirror caps and door handles as well) through Parts Dept or possibly through the accessories program so you can finance it or if you can get the dealer to get creative there are couple other ways too.

Ford Bronco How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford. A51 Bronco

Ford Bronco How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford. A51 Bronco
Dlr will need to order a top link to a VIN...then they need to find a VIN for a white bronco in their inventory. How many tops will Ford allow the Dlr to order under that VIN or catch the scheme? Penalty after getting caugh?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression that the modular tops were made from sheet molded compound which is a plastic...how are we powder coating those?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's safe to say that at some point in the future one should be able to order a modular top from their Ford parts counter, in whatever factory color they would like, Oxford White included.

Which is what the OP is talking about I believe.
That's possible, but as with all parts, I don't think it will be a problem. People are not going to wait 3 months to get their auto body repaired if they are in a wreck. It's not like this is a $600,000 Ford GT supercar.

Webasto the company making the tops has a built a state of the art new manufacturing plant that opens this Dec., just for Bronco and I believe Jeep Tops and some other FCA stuff.

But we will see..it's all speculation

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the guys on this thread who seem to be in the know... any info on the body colored 2 door modular roof? I’m still holding out some hope we have the option even though it was taken off the site.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aren't replacement body panels typically stocked in primer, and then painted once they're ordered and installed? That way, Ford doesn't have to maintain a matrix of different colors, and the paint can be better matched and blended by the body shop. That has at least been my experience.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's made of the exact same material as the MIC from what I understand. The inside, where you can see the composite construction looks the same on both.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot powdercoat composites.

yes you can powder coat composites ..geez people they have used UV light to cure the powder coat for years.

here they can even powder coat carbon fiber now

https://www.kpuvpowder.com/uv-coating-substrates/composites/

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the guys on this thread who seem to be in the know... any info on the body colored 2 door modular roof? I’m still holding out some hope we have the option even though it was taken off the site.
Idk..be cool if someone worked for Webasto to get the scoop

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can powder coat composite materials ..powder coating is not just for metals anymore

They use UV cured powder coating..it's faster than current.

You can even powder coat carbon fiber which is a trick

https://www.kpuvpowder.com/uv-coating-substrates/composites/
Very cool. I learned a new thing today. We powder coat quite a bit of our parts but only metal pieces. Have never had anything composite come up that we would have looked into that.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have another solution, it would probably be about the same as painting the top cost wise and you may not have to wait. Order an Oxford white bronco with white top, and wrap your bronco in any color you want. All the while protecting your OJ Simpson paint underneath;)

Omwil297

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
All I know is ford could get a lot more money from me than just a base 2 door if they offered that cactus grey with white trim option
Sponsored