Sponsored

How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Painting that gray MIC would look like crap and its not a smooth surface, so vinyl would also be an issue. So we're looking at spending $2k on a modular black hardtop and then turning around and paying another $1k to have it painted white.
Hmmm, there's no other substance like maybe a higher grade plastidip or even spray on bedliner/line-x that would stick?
I'm obviously not a well versed paint dude lol
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm, there's no other substance like maybe a higher grade plastidip or even spray on bedliner/line-x that would stick?
I'm obviously not a well versed paint dude lol
See the other white top threads. There's a guy in N Carolina that's done several (body shop) and search his threads.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't think there was a color-matched top. Only black painted and horrible gray.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

White top looks terrible if all other trim is black. Maybe with the outer banks it will look decent, but if you have black bumpers, fenders, and door handles, and door/window trim it will look like the afterthought that it is.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
White top looks terrible if all other trim is black. Maybe with the outer banks it will look decent, but if you have black bumpers, fenders, and door handles, and door/window trim it will look like the afterthought that it is.
Oh, so it’ll be similar to black mirrors, grill, flares, and then a crappy gray top!

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank god my wife loves the Grey MIC with the Area 51 paint!!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
door handles can be easily swapped out. at least the bumpers match the damn flares.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Magnuson Moss act does not state anywhere that "manufacturers must have a certain number of parts on hand." Anywhere. At all. It simply says if you offer a warranty, you must fulfill it in a reasonable amount of time. Exactly the reason you won't be able to order one. They will have to be able to replace any warranty affected units within a reasonable amount of time. They can't waste inventory needed for builds and warranties selling their limited supply to any Joe Schmoe.

Arrogance and ignorance.

Order yourself a modular top in Oxford White the day you pick up your Bronco.

If you get it within six months I will pay for it for you and buy you a beer.
Again, I never said the Magnuson Moss act says that a manufacturer must have a certain amount of parts ..I said I specifically don't know what a manufacturer has on hand and that they don't even need to keep them on hand.

Maybe this article will make more sense to you.

Ford Bronco How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford. IMG_2331

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was me. I had a new model car that was rear-ended ~6 months into ownership. It had over $7000 in damage. Even though it was new that year, everything was replaced by factory parts within a couple of weeks.

This does not mean that anyone can go to the parts counter and get those parts just because they want them. Like I said, it literally took years after the JL was released to be able to buy factory tops, both hard and soft. I don't know if Ford will be the same, but I suspect it will. Bronco reservations are going into 2022. Unless something has changed, there won't be non-reserved Broncos on lots at all. Maybe once these orders are fulfilled, or if you've wrecked your truck, you'll be able to get a top. Otherwise, it's incredibly doubtful.
Well we will see BKJ, if Ford doesn't offer the White option, I have good reason to believe I can can get a white factory modular top from my dealer without much trouble. But you may be right ..time will tell

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why does everyone want a white top? Ok if that's your dealio, I guess. I want a BLACK Top, with my BLACK wheels, BLACK tires, BLACK mirrors, BLACK door handles, BLACK bumpers, BLACK fenders.
White roof and white door handles? Is this a Barbie Doll Bronco? Wheres Ken? Does Ken get a say? If he did he would say BLACK TOP

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it doesnt sound like a conclusion to me since we dont know how ordering will work. He is just assuming you will be able to order tops in whatever color you want

The reality is the only white tops will likely be paired only with the white broncos coming out of the factory with that option.

Otherwise ford would be saying "yes you can order the white top because we will be producing them seperately in bulk"
People could start a new post here on B6G, "People who want white hard-tops looking for people who are buying a white Bronco to order one for them". Pair up white Bronco buyers with people who want a white hardtop and maybe they can do a little trading.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does everyone want a white top? Ok if that's your dealio, I guess. I want a BLACK Top, with my BLACK wheels, BLACK tires, BLACK mirrors, BLACK door handles, BLACK bumpers, BLACK fenders.
White roof and white door handles? Is this a Barbie Doll Bronco? Wheres Ken? Does Ken get a say? If he did he would say BLACK TOP
:rolleyes:

Broncos have always had white tops as standard and maybe people want their Bronco to look like a Bronco?
Sponsored