Sponsored

How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Again, I never said the Magnuson Moss act says that a manufacturer must have a certain amount of parts ..I said I specifically don't know what a manufacturer has on hand and that they don't even need to keep them on hand.

Maybe this article will make more sense to you.

IMG_2331.jpg
You actually said it MULTIPLE times. And the article you posted agrees with exactly what I said.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does everyone want a white top? Ok if that's your dealio, I guess. I want a BLACK Top, with my BLACK wheels, BLACK tires, BLACK mirrors, BLACK door handles, BLACK bumpers, BLACK fenders.
White roof and white door handles? Is this a Barbie Doll Bronco? Wheres Ken? Does Ken get a say? If he did he would say BLACK TOP
It would be one thing is the MIC top was black and actually matched anything remotely close in the shade/color to the bumpers, flares, handles, mirrors etc. but unfortunately thats not the case. So if you want your shiny gloss black hardtop that you're ordering or getting as part of a specific trim, more power to you, but my wife will not be rocking a shiny gloss black top on a cactus gray jeep where nothing else that is black (bumpers, handles, flares, mirrors, wheels, tires) is shiny or a gloss finish.

And before you say anything...my wife in her Barbie bronco will wheel her bronco harder than 95% of the future bronco owners.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I'll throw a contrarian take into this dumpster fire:

Order the Oxford White Bronco with the white modular top, and then have the body of your vehicle vinyl wrapped to the color you want (even a color Ford isn't offering, like the elusive green or sand colors)

:poop:

Shaymer

Base
First Name
Shamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps, old Subarus, old BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm holding out for a anti matter blue 2dr base with sasquatch package and white top and accents. White top, white grill, white fenders.

Shaymer

Base
First Name
Shamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps, old Subarus, old BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be one thing is the MIC top was black and actually matched anything remotely close in the shade/color to the bumpers, flares, handles, mirrors etc. but unfortunately thats not the case. So if you want your shiny gloss black hardtop that you're ordering or getting as part of a specific trim, more power to you, but my wife will not be rocking a shiny gloss black top on a cactus gray jeep where nothing else that is black (bumpers, handles, flares, mirrors, wheels, tires) is shiny or a gloss finish.

And before you say anything...my wife in her Barbie bronco will wheel her bronco harder than 95% of the future bronco owners.
Bronco tops belong white.

Like Grand Wagoneers should only have fake wood paneling.

Sponsored

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guess I'll throw a contrarian take into this dumpster fire:

Order the Oxford White Bronco with the white modular top, and then have the body of your vehicle vinyl wrapped to the color you want (even a color Ford isn't offering, like the elusive green or sand colors)

:poop:
I am considering this but not a full wrap. Maybe just a big blue stripe.

Ford Bronco How to get a white top for your new 2021 Bronco from Ford. bw

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You actually said it MULTIPLE times. And the article you posted agrees with exactly what I said.
Ok ha ha ha..if you say so

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can go to ford parts right now and order metal body panels for many of their 2021 vehicles ..either they will say instock or back ordered and they tell you approximate ship date..I don't know about suburu. I can get a 2020 Gt500 roof..which is a limited run vehicle instock.

Will the Bronco top be that easy ..I don't know...but if you are way back on the reservation list and getting your Bronco late 2021 or 2022..It might not be a bad strategy to get one

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok ha ha ha..if you say so
The day the first 2021 Bronco is delivered, you will be able to get any part that is needed to repair it..it's Federal Law and depending on the part there must be enough parts to last 6-10 years depending on when that vehicle warranty run ends. The Federal Law known as the Magnuson-Moss act require this ..
It's not that the manufacturers make parts for 6-10 years ..it's how long they have a warranty and on what parts, that makes the manufacture make spare parts.
If there is a warranty on your car..the manufacturer must have readily available parts..they don't have to keep them on hand themselves, but it must be for the period of the warranty from day 1.
Again, I never said the Magnuson Moss act says that a manufacturer must have a certain amount of parts ..I said I specifically don't know what a manufacturer has on hand and that they don't even need to keep them on hand.
Quoted for posterity.

Your understanding of this is vague at best. Probably a running theme for you.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are not plastic ...these are the modular tops (they are optional)

The day the first 2021 Bronco is delivered, you will be able to get any part that is needed to repair it..it's Federal Law and depending on the part there must be enough parts to last 6-10 years depending on when that vehicle warranty run ends. The Federal Law known as the Magnuson-Moss act require this ..
It's not that the manufacturers make parts for 6-10 years ..it's how long they have a warranty and on what parts, that makes the manufacture make spare parts. I'm not sure how many of ea part they must have on hand, but they must have them on day 1 due to the warranty.

So if there is a delay in parts available, that means the Bronco will be delayed too
But if they need to have a certain amount on hand, or quickly available, they can't go selling them off to anyone that walks into a dealer to order an extra one.
Exactly..did you not read my post? The Magnusson Moss Act deals with 2 things ..warranties and aftermarket parts.. tell me you didn't go to Wikipedia lol

If there is a warranty on your car..the manufacturer must have readily available parts..they don't have to keep them on hand themselves, but it must be for the period of the warranty from day 1.
I specifically said I don't know what the requirement for the minimum amount of parts is.

Obviously if they have a run on parts let's say for a recall or something similar ..they could run out of parts quickly and you may have to wait.

I also never said you will get the Top with your Bronco delivery, what I said to another poster is it won't take years..it will take weeks. I gave an example of a brand new 2020 GT500 which has a unique hood only to that car which took a couple weeks to get in after the car hit a deer.

Wonder how that happened..got a unique hood with a far less number of units made than the Bronco will have and received it in a couple weeks. For a car that probably had less than 2000 delivered at the time.

Takata?..well duh ..I'm pretty sure they ran out of corrected replacements pretty quick ..totally different situation.
Do you not see that the GT500 example you keep referencing is also a totally different situation?

First, one is an accident/insurance repair. Second, the GT500 may have a unique hood, but it is still the same hood for every GT500. For the Bronco we are talking about a roof that is unique to a particular color and option.

So the proper analogy to your example would be; if your Oxford White Bronco with optional color-matched modular roof is damaged in an accident, you may get a replacement in a month.
Sponsored

Last edited: