Sponsored

How to get dealer to confirm sale price/sales contract, best way to cancel if not?

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
How can I get dealer to put price in writing? I have a July 2020 reservation and recently rolled over into 2022. Salesman tells me I will get it for MSRP but I have nothing in writing. Dealer doesn't want to do a sales contract of any sort and this leaves me hanging. Maybe legitimate but I am afraid I will be faced with some large ADM at the last minute as some dealers have. I can't imagine why they wouldn't want a contract and more deposit money (as I hear they are supposed to do with 2022 order roll overs) unless there is some game planned.

If I have to cancel, what would be the best way to do so that wouldn't let the dealer claim my early July 2020 reservation to get a vehicle they could probably sell for more if I abandon the order.

I am sort of feeling like if I can't get something in writing on price = MSRP or MSRP + fixed amount I rather cancel now and insure the reservation I had never gets filled and start off new rather than let dealer either extort more out of me when it comes in or force me to drop out so they can make even more from it to another buyer.
Sponsored

Underflow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not really an answer to your question, but something to consider: what’s the reputation of your dealer? Search in forums here to see if others have had problems.
Just like there are bad/sketchy dealers, there are also good ones too. I had a good experience (no ADM) with Serramonte Ford in CA.
We all should keep exposing the slimeballs that do not honor original reservations!

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Lil Red Broncette, were you able to get anything in writing on your original 2021 order? If so, it should be a slam dunk to get another for your 2022 build. I will assume that you did not, so lets deal with your question.
First off, deal only with the dealerships GM, do not deal with anyone else, and arrange to have a sit down with him. You will need to schedule an appointment with him/her. If they want to know why you are requesting a meeting, tell them it is between you and the GM, no one else. This is important, as a face to face is way tougher for the GM to blow you off then if you are on the phone or texting.
In your sit down, it is important to remain calm, and speak to him/her in a professional manner. Let him know that you want a copy of their 2022 submitted order so that you can confirm the build is exactly how you want it to be built.
Secondly, ask him/her to show you this document with your costs associated with the build. Be sure to get a copy that you can hold in your hands, do not allow him/her to show you on a computer screen. Let him know that you prefer the older paper method so that you can tick off everything on the build, and to confirm costs as you go down the build order.
Thirdly, ask him/her to write on the order form that the costs shown are what you will pay. Ask him to sign and date it. Be firm on this point, but once again, be professional.
Let him know that this is a large amount of money being paid by you, and much like buying a house, you want in writing what you are going to be paying to the dealership.
If he/she tries to wiggle out of this, let him/her know that you have dealt with other dealerships in the past, and you have never had a problem being given what you are asking for.
If he, still declines, tell him that you feel he is trying to hide something on you. State clearly that in any business, common business practices dictate that confirmation of pricing is an accepted form of business. Let him know that you have seen on this forum that the majority of clients are getting what you are asking for. This is not an unusual request.
If he persists in not abiding by your request, don't be afraid to advise him that you find his stance less than professional. Ask him if he is hiding something, what is he afraid of, why will he not commit to a firm price. Once again stay calm and professional.
I do believe you will get what you request and want. Please keep us posted, and good luck.

Last edited:

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can get your dealer to share the "MSRP only" in an email or other written document, it would give you something. While there are horror stories here, the likelihood is that they'll honor it.

That said, if none of that feels good to you, you can call Ford and transfer your reservation/order to another dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not really an answer to your question, but something to consider: what’s the reputation of your dealer? Search in forums here to see if others have had problems.
Just like there are bad/sketchy dealers, there are also good ones too. I had a good experience (no ADM) with Serramonte Ford in CA.
We all should keep exposing the slimeballs that do not honor original reservations!
From what I can tell they don't have a negative reputation.....much of what they say in this whole process doesn't really jive with what other dealers seem to be saying.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Lil Red Broncette, were you able to get anything in writing on your original 2021 order? If so, it should be a slam dunk to get another for your 2022 build. I will assume that you did not, so lets deal with your question.
First off, deal only with the dealerships GM, do not deal with anyone else, and arrange to have a sit down with him. You will need to schedule an appointment with him/her. If they want to know why you are requesting a meeting, tell them it is between you and the GM, no one else. This is important, as a face to face is way tougher for the GM to blow you off then if you are on the phone or texting.
In your sit down, it is important to remain calm, and speak to him/her in a professional manner. Let him know that you want a copy of their 2022 submitted order so that you can confirm the build is exactly how you want it to be built.
Secondly, ask him/her to show you this document with your costs associated with the build. Be sure to get a copy that you can hold in your hands, do not allow him/her to show you on a computer screen. Let him know that you prefer the older paper method so that you can tick off everything on the build, and to confirm costs as you go down the build order.
Thirdly, ask him/her to write on the order form that the costs shown are what you will pay. Ask him to sign and date it. Be firm on this point, but once again, be professional.
Let him know that this is a large amount of money being paid by you, and much like buying a house, you want in writing what you are going to be paying to the dealership.
If he/she tries to wiggle out of this, let him/her know that you have dealt with other dealerships in the past, and you have never had a problem being given what you are asking for.
If he, still declines, tell him that you feel he is trying to hide something on you. State clearly that in any business, common business practices dictate that confirmation of pricing is an accepted form of business. Let him know that you have seen on this forum that the majority of clients are getting what you are asking for. This is not an unusual request.
If he persists in not abiding by your request, don't be afraid to advise him that you find his stance less than professional. Ask him if he is hiding something, what is he afraid of, why will he not commit to a firm price. Once again stay calm and professional.
I do believe you will get what you request and want. Please keep us posted, and good luck.
That is an idea to jump to GM. Tho I sort of hate to do that as it seems to cast aspersions on the sales person although I have gotten the "what you don't trust me" sort of expression when I've asked about things and I am not being confrontational at all. That sort of defensiveness puts me off.

I honestly don't care if they have $500 or $1K above MSRP and there may have been a statement to that effect, but I know if it was not MSRP it wasn't more than that and the fact I can't remember is one reason right there.

It is already difficult enough waiting on this stuff even for those who have had dealers totally open about everything. It is far worse when they are tight lipped and say things that seem to conflict with what seems like otherwise established fact.

I appreciate the approach you outlined, I naturally would think similar tho I hadn't thought about going directly to the GM.

I have had lots of experience with car purchases although it has been a long time. I've had so many dealers/sales people give me a line of nonsense that I don't take kindly to it and will poke till there is some consistency in information and that often involves talking with other dealers.

Again thanks.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a signed msrp agreement for my21 showing everything with TTL for my21, but now that I’ve reordered for my22 I just have a signed DORA. How does the price protection work into the my22 agreements? Like should I ask the dealer for the my22 pricing msrp and then figure out how Ford will get me the $825 credit? Also, am I taxed on that extra $825 for my22?

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can get your dealer to share the "MSRP only" in an email or other written document, it would give you something. While there are horror stories here, the likelihood is that they'll honor it.

That said, if none of that feels good to you, you can call Ford and transfer your reservation/order to another dealer.
This is exactly right . . . I think some of the suggestions in this thread are overly instructive and too detailed for what is needed. Just send an e-mail asking to confirm that they will be honoring MSRP for the sales price, and let them answer. If they brush you off or give you a non-answer, then ask ONE more time saying that you need a "yes or no" answer about honoring MSRP. If you get an affirmative answer you should be set . . . if you get a negative answer or more non-committal mumbo jumbo, just call Ford to switch dealers . . . there are plenty of dealers out there honoring MSRP (including mine here in So. Cal).

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a signed msrp agreement for my21 showing everything with TTL for my21, but now that I’ve reordered for my22 I just have a signed DORA. How does the price protection work into the my22 agreements? Like should I ask the dealer for the my22 pricing msrp and then figure out how Ford will get me the $825 credit? Also, am I taxed on that extra $825 for my22?
I expect that whatever you pay will be the amount taxed. That you shouldn't get taxed on an amount you didn't pay. Only case that would occur would be if the $825 were in the form of a rebate.

As far as the $825 that is a good question as I have a priced out sheet for my 2022 also but it is the prices that come up. In my case that price is much more than before but I added options. If I pull out those options my new price is less but that is mostly because I left the new capable bumper on that was now standard rather than select the the modular bumper. Still not sure if I made the right choice on the bumper. Anyway in theory I sould see a reduction by the amount of that option since my original 21 build would have had the modular bumper. I am afraid there is a snowballs chance in hell I will ever get that though. I expect ford to call it equivalent because in both the original 21 with modular and now 22 with capable are part of the base build. It won't matter one iota to them that they reason I went with black diamond in my 21 build was specifically for the modular bumper being included and that black diamond (with other items) was cheaper than a Bing Bend with it added.

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given that you can move your order to another dealer now, this should be the easiest way to apply that pressure to get a written aggreement.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ask him to fill out something like what my dealer gave me below. Use res number for VIN, both of you sign.

Ford Bronco How to get dealer to confirm sale price/sales contract, best way to cancel if not? Screenshot_20211006-132412_Adobe Acrobat

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If MSRP is what they said, then I wouldn't worry about them doing it. However, the easiest thing is to have the salesperson email you (like someone suggested) confirming the MSRP price. Would be easy to ask for without going to the manager. If you're comfortable going to the manager, or pushing the salesperson harder, then explain that while you trust them, you have heard horror stories about other dealerships raising the price so you would be more comfortable having a written confirmation. No salesperson is going to say no to sending you an email. If they do, then by all means go to the manager.
Sponsored