Sponsored

How to have rear cargo area power outlet on full time?

Grizzer59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1942 GPW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it possible to have it power on full time?
And how to ?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's possible but you'd have to bypass the relay in the battery junction box.

If you are asking if it is possible to do so without rewiring... then no, it is not possible.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not full time power? That sucks because that is how I run my fridge.

I know this forum is full of jeep haters, but in my wrangler, jeep did this cool fuse box thing. Depending on which slot you put the fuse in, you can go from Full time to only Ignition switch for the 12v accessory plugs.

My wife's Mazda is full time by default. So whenever we are shopping, using either the Mazda or my Wrangler, I can just toss the fridge in the back and we are good.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And how to ?
Hey, I install a tailgate (window) light bar and the power socket stay hot for 1 hour after vehicle is completely shut down. Just open any door to reset.

Works for me... no worries of a dead battery later. Lol

Just add jumper terminal clips (?) To the socket feed wires.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... get up every hour to open your car door to keep your refrigerator running. Sounds like a plan to me...

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And how to ?
It's possible but you'd have to bypass the relay in the battery junction box.

If you are asking if it is possible to do so without rewiring... then no, it is not possible.
It's not full time power? That sucks because that is how I run my fridge.

I know this forum is full of jeep haters, but in my wrangler, jeep did this cool fuse box thing. Depending on which slot you put the fuse in, you can go from Full time to only Ignition switch for the 12v accessory plugs.

My wife's Mazda is full time by default. So whenever we are shopping, using either the Mazda or my Wrangler, I can just toss the fridge in the back and we are good.
Hey, I install a tailgate (window) light bar and the power socket stay hot for 1 hour after vehicle is completely shut down. Just open any door to reset.

Works for me... no worries of a dead battery later. Lol

Just add jumper terminal clips (?) To the socket feed wires.
So... get up every hour to open your car door to keep your refrigerator running. Sounds like a plan to me...
Forscan

BCM module of Powerpoint Timeout. Rear, console and cargo hot

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long would it run your fridge before it killed the battery?

OP
OP
Grizzer59

Grizzer59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1942 GPW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fridge normally will run 3 days/nights before it would automatically shut itself off. So it doesn’t kill the battery

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me, we toss our fridge in the back when we are doing our erronds so the car battery is only supporting for the time we are in a store.

When I'm planning on leaving the car powered off for any real length of time, I grab our EB55 which will power our fridge for 2 days.

And then of course most fridges have a cutoff setting that will kick in before your car battery gets too low. (Just make sure to take Voltage drop vs Distance to cargo into consideration)

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So weird. I changed the BCM settings early fall last for the cargo to be hot 24/7 and have been running my fridge in the fall and spring/early summer months in NY without issue. Fridge will cut out before battery is an issue (I’m constantly checking at startup and battery is 13-14V) - all of a sudden power is shutting off with ignition today. Some sort of OTA update?

Sponsored

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Coming from Jeep, the behavior of these 12v DC ports is very annoying. Jeeps have a 2-position fuse for the cargo 12v DC plug, so you can set it to be always on, or switched on/off with the ignition. This is very handy when running a 12v fridge on a lithium battery, as you can let the lithium battery power the fridge--let the lithium battery charge from the 12v DC cargo plug when the vehicle is running, but then your fridge battery stops pulling power from the vehicle battery when the ignition is cut off (and the fridge can then just run off the battery power).

The Ford algorithm for their power to the rear cargo 12v DC is kind of confusing. I feel like there should be a way to switch it to cut off with the ignition cut off. I get that their battery saver stuff will cut power to the port after a period of time, but I would rather not discharge the starting battery at all from my cargo area DC port...

Maybe I should just trust their battery saver tech... but it just feels odd to do that after so many years of being able to definitively cut the DC power with the ignition shut off.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Coming from Jeep, the behavior of these 12v DC ports is very annoying. Jeeps have a 2-position fuse for the cargo 12v DC plug, so you can set it to be always on, or switched on/off with the ignition. This is very handy when running a 12v fridge on a lithium battery, as you can let the lithium battery power the fridge--let the lithium battery charge from the 12v DC cargo plug when the vehicle is running, but then your fridge battery stops pulling power from the vehicle battery when the ignition is cut off (and the fridge can then just run off the battery power).

The Ford algorithm for their power to the rear cargo 12v DC is kind of confusing. I feel like there should be a way to switch it to cut off with the ignition cut off. I get that their battery saver stuff will cut power to the port after a period of time, but I would rather not discharge the starting battery at all from my cargo area DC port...

Maybe I should just trust their battery saver tech... but it just feels odd to do that after so many years of being able to definitively cut the DC power with the ignition shut off.

Funny.. I'm the opposite. I switched my fuse in the Jeep so that my cargo plug is powered 24/7. IF i decide to leave my fridge plugged in directly to the Jeep then it should never shut off (until the fridge low voltage kicks in)

Just a couple weekends ago, I had the Jeep shut off for a couple hours and left the fridge running on the Jeep battery... So I need to figure out a way to fix the Bronco to be permanent 12 volts (or at least until the battery drops below a certain voltage.

May end up having just to run a power wire directly from the battery to the back with a battery minder installed.

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny.. I'm the opposite. I switched my fuse in the Jeep so that my cargo plug is powered 24/7. IF i decide to leave my fridge plugged in directly to the Jeep then it should never shut off (until the fridge low voltage kicks in)

Just a couple weekends ago, I had the Jeep shut off for a couple hours and left the fridge running on the Jeep battery... So I need to figure out a way to fix the Bronco to be permanent 12 volts (or at least until the battery drops below a certain voltage.

May end up having just to run a power wire directly from the battery to the back with a battery minder installed.
Yup that's what I did in my Jeep, installed the ARB DC plug straight to the battery for when I wanted to run direct to it all the time. Feels like with Bronco this should be achievable in software, wish there was a setting for it in the dash.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe the only thing I miss from my Tundra: one socket always hot, the other on the switch...you could pick.

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Forscan

BCM module of Powerpoint Timeout. Rear, console and cargo hot
I am not seeing this in BCM on forscan.. just Power Point Feature which is enabled and Powerpoint Timeout set to 4500 - can u point me in the right direction?
Sponsored