Themuss

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Lux package, and the charger in this trim is “all in one, however has the same dimensions, and uses the same 4 screws to fit it to the center piece that the blank uses in the base model center piece. Unfortunately there is no option to purchase just the “blank” (to then subsequently drill the 2.5” hole). That would have been ideal and would have a been a simple replacement.

The base part I bought (mentioned above) is is the complete piece, identical to that that was in the Wildtrack, the only difference being the blank piece in place of the wireless charger that was in the widtrack.

As has been mentioned before, it would be ideal if someone made just the blank piece, as that would screw into any trim level center piece/cover.

I am keeping the original center piece as a spare - in case the installed one gets damaged.

Long term, the hope is that there will one day be a better charger I can swap back in, primarily to be able to use the factory connector again (as that connector is just left zip tied under the blank and MagSafe I have installed to stop it rattling around).
Hope this clarifies all the questions

tldr: It’s currently an expensive proposition to install the MagSafe in a Lux package, because there is only one all-in-one part available to buy. All this, just to get the small blank piece to drill a hole in, and the whole part costs Circa 200 bucks!

One day someone will produce an appropriately sized (like OEM one), and functional, wireless charger that could fit a Lux trim level, using the power connector type used in the Lux package - that would sell like hot cakes. That being said the MagSafe I have installed looks slick :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One day someone will produce an appropriately sized (like OEM one), and functional, wireless charger that could fit a Lux trim level, using the power connector type used in the Lux package - that would sell like hot cakes.
Exactly this. Some day :)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I replaced the original one that I linked with this one to gain more ports. It’s in stock

https://www.coolgear.com/product/usb-charger-dual-type-usb-usb-c-ports-mountable-chassis
FYI: that power supply has been discontinued.

A shame as I've been following this thread for years waiting for Bronco delivery and it's the best solution for getting not only phone power, but also dash USB's for devices on a rail.

Will keep hunting for a power supply and update this post if something is found.

Sponsored

Dadmented

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is just quick and dirty from the 3d printer to bring the base of the compartment up to level with a cheap aftermarket Qi charger, plugged into the USB C port. Works well though.

ghjk7157_n.jpg
I’m tempted to go this route. Would you be willing to share details and the 3d file?

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m tempted to go this route. Would you be willing to share details and the 3d file?
PM me and I'll dig it up. Although it was quite specific to that exact qi charger I got. Others will be similar, but not exactly. And I wouldn't really recommend that particular one, it's not that good really.

KurtHu

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Azure Grey Wildtrak 4dr, 2014 Black JKURX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are looking to replace the factory OEM wireless charger module, I whipped up this 3D printable MagSafe adapter that utilizes the factory module metal mounting bracket and screws.

https://www.printables.com/model/470228-magsafe-charger-mount-for-ford-bronco

Ford Bronco HOW TO: MagSafe Wireless Charger Install in Factory Location - DIY MagSafe Bronco Mount
Nice work! I know people have been wanting a plate to replace their factory chargers with MagSafe. If there would have been one of these for vehicles without the factory charger, I would have used one instead of cutting a hole in my factory plate

KurtHu

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Azure Grey Wildtrak 4dr, 2014 Black JKURX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice work! I know people have been wanting a plate to replace their factory chargers with MagSafe. If there would have been one of these for vehicles without the factory charger, I would have used one instead of cutting a hole in my factory plate
Thanks! I’ll try to work on a version with the mounting wings that doesn’t require the factory mounting bracket. That could be used in both cases with and without the factory wireless charger.

Here’s a picture of the mounting side:

MagSafe Mount with bracket Large.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! I’ll try to work on a version with the mounting wings that doesn’t require the factory mounting bracket. That could be used in both cases with and without the factory wireless charger.

Here’s a picture of the mounting side:

Ford Bronco HOW TO: MagSafe Wireless Charger Install in Factory Location - DIY MagSafe Mount with bracket Lar
I wonder if the one you made already would work

Nighthawk37

Base
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there any reason a wireless charger couldn't be mounted under the OEM factory trim piece instead of drilling a hole? Wireless chargers work through pretty thick phone cases. I'd like to keep the stock look and not have to drill a big hole into my new Bronco 😅

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there any reason a wireless charger couldn't be mounted under the OEM factory trim piece instead of drilling a hole? Wireless chargers work through pretty thick phone cases. I'd like to keep the stock look and not have to drill a big hole into my new Bronco 😅
Assuming by trim piece, you mean the rubber mat? You might be able to but in my experience, the MagSafe magnet loses much of its grab then the mat is placed over it. I tried that when I installed it. I laid the mat back over it and it would charge but the magnets weren't doing much to hold it in place and that's the beneficial thing about MagSafe...keeping your phone in optimal alignment for charging. This is even more important when it's in a moving vehicle that's driving over bumps and stuff. You might be able to come up with a 3d printed holder to lay under the mat that will hold the MagSafe puck. There isn't a ton of clearance to open and close the USB port cover if you start lifting up the rubber mat too much. It would be great if someone would design this as a solution. A holder for the puck and a thinner rubber mat to lay on top of it

Nighthawk37

Base
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Assuming by trim piece, you mean the rubber mat? You might be able to but in my experience, the MagSafe magnet loses much of its grab then the mat is placed over it. I tried that when I installed it. I laid the mat back over it and it would charge but the magnets weren't doing much to hold it in place and that's the beneficial thing about MagSafe...keeping your phone in optimal alignment for charging. This is even more important when it's in a moving vehicle that's driving over bumps and stuff. You might be able to come up with a 3d printed holder to lay under the mat that will hold the MagSafe puck. There isn't a ton of clearance to open and close the USB port cover if you start lifting up the rubber mat too much. It would be great if someone would design this as a solution. A holder for the puck and a thinner rubber mat to lay on top of it
Thanks for the feedback. I mean the plastic underneath the rubber mat. I don't think I'd need the magnet since I have the manual transmission and it kinda forces it in place since it sits in an angled wedge. Might give this a try.

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. I mean the plastic underneath the rubber mat. I don't think I'd need the magnet since I have the manual transmission and it kinda forces it in place since it sits in an angled wedge. Might give this a try.
ah. got it. take pics and post back. I don't recall anyone with manual transmission posting their solution in the thread yet.
Sponsored