Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking through my workshop manual and pulling the rubber mat in my lux package bronco it looks like the oem charger module is bolted to the underside of the bezel piece and replaces the non-lux bronco’s filler piece. So will need to obtain that filler piece in order to make this work with a magsafe charger. I’ll try to track that filler piece part # down tomorrow.

64633D58-AC8C-4195-8563-45C8D1802F3C.jpeg

DFE3CA9D-1D81-49A6-871A-4104C8DE58A2.jpeg
The block-off plate is not available separate from the entire top plate:

https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com/a...4WD/_51505_9423901/Front-console/ML21480.html

I am going to work with that other forum member to see if we can get this plate printed with cutout for MagSafe.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The block-off plate is not available separate from the entire top plate:

https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com/a...4WD/_51505_9423901/Front-console/ML21480.html

I am going to work with that other forum member to see if we can get this plate printed with cutout for MagSafe.
I noticed that as well after I posted that. Good news is...I finally decided to order a 3d printer (had been putting it off for the last year or so) after this thread triggered the need again to have access to one for all my one-off projects and/or hurdles that I tend to run into. Bad news is...printer won't be here for 6 weeks or so.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool modification. I would be interested in replacing the factory charging pad with a magsafe one. A lot of the install steps are also needed with the Auto Start/Stop delete kit, so I can kill two birds with one stone.

I also have a 3D printer if you need something created.

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very cool modification. I would be interested in replacing the factory charging pad with a magsafe one. A lot of the install steps are also needed with the Auto Start/Stop delete kit, so I can kill two birds with one stone.

I also have a 3D printer if you need something created.
Perfect time to add stop/start eliminator since you have to remove the AC control panel anyway.

Sponsored

adk749

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@j_anderson do you have images of the wiring? I am following along with everything except how to get the wire from the puck to attach to power in the vehicle. Perhaps an image of where is connects in the console and an image of the puck wiring attaching to the power harness. Thanks so much, great tutorial!

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@j_anderson do you have images of the wiring? I am following along with everything except how to get the wire from the puck to attach to power in the vehicle. Perhaps an image of where is connects in the console and an image of the puck wiring attaching to the power harness. Thanks so much, great tutorial!
I will try to take you a few when I put everything back together. Power is supplied from the T-harness that is tapped at the 12v power port within the console. The t-harness gives you positive and negative wires that you must extend to reach the power supply. I mounted the power supply to one of the grab handle anchor bolts inside the console. Route your extended wires up to that power supply and attach the supplied connector. Once you have it powered, its as simple as plugging the MagSafe puck into the USB-C port on the power supply

This is the power supply:
Ford Bronco HOW TO: MagSafe Wireless Charger Install in Factory Location - DIY Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 9.41.59 PM

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow, that's a lot of crap to remove! Would the power that is there for the factory charger be enough to power this new one? For now I don't need a charger in my car (on the rare road trip wired works fine) but that might change and I might want to upgrade eventually. But that's too much pulling off of trim panels for my taste, crazy all that has to come off to get access to that area.
Great tutorial, thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

wow, that's a lot of crap to remove! Would the power that is there for the factory charger be enough to power this new one? For now I don't need a charger in my car (on the rare road trip wired works fine) but that might change and I might want to upgrade eventually. But that's too much pulling off of trim panels for my taste, crazy all that has to come off to get access to that area.
Great tutorial, thanks for sharing!
I would think the factory connector for the wireless charger would be 12v and adequate to feed any suitable power source. I was hoping to find the connector tucked away in there when I tore it all open and my plan was to use it but it wasn't there. So I had to use a t-harness to supply the power I needed.

The magic here is having a power source that will supply enough juice to wirelessly charge at max charge rate so you actually get a benefit over the factory installed module. The one I linked to in the main post will supply enough juice. I plan to use the other port to power the upper dash USB I am adding.

It is a lot to remove but its really not too bad of a job.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What’s the wattage coming out of the USB-C vs the 12V?

Sponsored
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What’s the wattage coming out of the USB-C vs the 12V?
It’s a power delivery port so the port supplies whatever the cable requests.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone make any progress on a blank plate for the factory wireless craptastic charger? I have all the parts to do this but need the blank……..I really don’t want this to be what makes me dive into 3D printing.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s a power delivery port so the port supplies whatever the cable requests.
Ah, so - I plugging USB-C into the actual port vs 12v adapter would be the same.

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ah, so - I plugging USB-C into the actual port vs 12v adapter would be the same.
Yup. Like if you got a 12v cig lighter type adapter in your console and you plus your phone cable into it… same concept.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone make any progress on a blank plate for the factory wireless craptastic charger? I have all the parts to do this but need the blank……..I really don’t want this to be what makes me dive into 3D printing.
I have my prototype printed. Just need to pull the console to test fit the thing in the wife’s Bronco.
Sponsored