Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I've been keeping an eye on available 2-doors around here and got a notification that Crater Ford dropped the price on a Badlands I've been watching. They had it listed at $10k over MSRP, and recently dropped it to MSRP...or so it seems.

I sent an inquiry and had them send me a quote. Seems like they weren't getting any bites with the +$10K advertised on their site, so they took off the markup to get people to inquire, only to tell them at that point they still want the markup. Am I wrong for thinking this is an FTC violation? I may report them and let the FTC figure it out.

Screenshot of current listing, showing MSRP as the asking price:

Ford Bronco How to make $20K on a new Bronco. 1675450055506

Maroney:

Ford Bronco How to make $20K on a new Bronco. 1675450102275

Quote:

Ford Bronco How to make $20K on a new Bronco. 1675450152124

They are at least listing the "Lithia Protection Package" as optional, so they got that going for them, I guess.

Just one more example of why I hope Ford is serious about going buyer direct and doing away with dealerships. @Ford Motor Company, I can't imagine Ford condones this behavior?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is certainly a violation of my and anyone else intelligence at the very least...dirtbags.

OP
OP

Nosferatu

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
It is certainly a violation of my and anyone else intelligence at the very least...dirtbags.
Certainly is. I've received 2 texts from them asking "what do you think?" and "do we have a deal?". I've not bothered to respond.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe return the quote with the proper MSRP number inserted along with a screenshot of the advertisement.

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I ran into the same thing with a Badlands I found at a dealer nearby(ish). Listed at MSRP on several sites, asked them for a quote and it's $10k higher + then they want more fees on top of that so in total it's about $12k over what they had it listed as. That Bronco has supposed been sitting on their lot for almost 60 days now.
Sponsored