First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silverado 2500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi folks. I have a stock Bronco First Edition. I finally took it to a trail yesterday and my friends son was also there so we off-roaded together. He has a 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ, also mostly stock and he was doing way better than me offroad. (Getting up hills I couldn’t, going over logs I couldn’t) He dosent have lockers or solid axles so I was confused. I need to find out how to make my Bronco better or I may just trade it for an XJ. Also does anyone have a good body shop to recommend because my Bronco is a bit beat up from offroad use.
Sponsored

Last edited:

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi folks. I have a stock Bronco First Edition. I finally took it to a trail yesterday and my friends son was also there so we off-roaded together. He has a 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ, also mostly stock and he was doing way better than me offroad. (Getting up hills I couldn’t, going over logs I couldn’t) He dosent have lockers or solid axles so I was confused. I need to find out how to make my Bronco better or I may just trade it for an XJ. Also does anyone have a good body shop to recommend because my Bronco is very beat up from offroad use.
Ford Bronco How to make my Bronco better offroad? 1660427063166

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi folks. I have a stock Bronco First Edition. I finally took it to a trail yesterday and my friends son was also there so we off-roaded together. He has a 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ, also mostly stock and he was doing way better than me offroad. (Getting up hills I couldn’t, going over logs I couldn’t) He dosent have lockers or solid axles so I was confused. I need to find out how to make my Bronco better or I may just trade it for an XJ. Also does anyone have a good body shop to recommend because my Bronco is very beat up from offroad use.
Hate to say it, but if this is real, it is 100% driver.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just trade it in for a jeep. Then you can post on the jeep forums how your friends Prius is more capable then your jeep.

Or if you want, I’ll take it off your hands sight unseen for $30k cash. Will hop on the jet and be in Springfield when ever you say. Just let me know. I’ll hand you 3 stacks. You give me the keys and title. Problem solved.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still trying to figure out how after the first time you take a vehicle off road, it already needs a body shop.🤔

I, too, need pictures to make sense of this.

I've gone "off roading" in a Toyota Avalon with two and a half inches of ground clearance. And while I do have a couple of scratch marks on the undercarriage, I certainly didn't need a body shop.

Did you roll it or something?🤪

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sell the First Edition to a collector who will value it and treat it for what it should become, a collector item. Modified collector items, for the most part lose their collector (First Edition) value.

Buy a base Bronco with the proceeds of the First Edition sale, and modify away.
Sponsored