First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just worried somethings broken on my Bronco, because I would think it could beat an XJ.
First off, welcome to the forum and sorry everyone can be rude.
Most off roading isn't about winning over other vehicles. It's about learning to get over stuff and enjoyment.
I could use Tiger Woods driver and still only hit it 50 yards. You will get better as you drive off road more.
Bronco, even a base, is one of the best off road vehicles on the market. Just drive to your comfort level and that will get higher the more times you go. Do try going over or through stuff until you feel comfortable.

O, the FE is a limited vehicle but keep using it. Unless you are going to park it in storage for 20 years with no miles on it, it's just another Bronco.
Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you know how to use the Bronco? Lockers? Picking a line? Techniques? Consider taking an off-roading course/class

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can someone please explain to me why everyone is saying I am a troll. All I did was go off-road with my Bronco an an XJ and, after some bad performance from the Bronco, am concerned something is broken. Why is everyone in so much disbelief about that?
Part of it is because you sound like a 15-year-old kid when you are talking about it.

Where are the pictures of your supposed beat up First Edition Bronco?

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went wheeling with 4 highly modified XJs, all on 35s compared to my stock Badlands 33s. I kept up with them on the rocks. Excelled in a couple occasions. The only time they needed to give me an assist was in mud where the Bronco kept pulling to a tree. That's a tire issue, as they were all running MTs.

OP, have you done an Off Rodeo yet? Would recommend it if not.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

suggest you go to a Bronco Off Roadeo and learn all the features of the Bronco. You may have been driving in all the wrong settings. Not much to go by in your posts to evaluate but just suggesting you go to the offroadeo since they teach you how to wheel in the Bronco. The rest is all experience so you learn how to pick proper lines etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP

td11

First Edition
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silverado 2500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Part of it is because you sound like a 15-year-old kid when you are talking about it.

Where are the pictures of your supposed beat up First Edition Bronco?
Now I’m not 15 but I do know a 15 year old who has an order placed for a Bronco for when he gets his license.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can get an 89XJ tomorrow. Will trade and also fix any damage you have on that terrible FE.

I agree completely, you are better off with the XJ. Not kidding, PM me will work it out with you so you are happy with the XJ.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went wheeling with 4 highly modified XJs, all on 35s compared to my stock Badlands 33s. I kept up with them on the rocks. Excelled in a couple occasions. The only time they needed to give me an assist was in mud where the Bronco kept pulling to a tree. That's a tire issue, as they were all running MTs.

OP, have you done an Off Rodeo yet? Would recommend it if not.
haha you beat me to that suggestion!

OP
OP

td11

First Edition
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
suggest you go to a Bronco Off Roadeo and learn all the features of the Bronco. You may have been driving in all the wrong settings. Not much to go by in your posts to evaluate but just suggesting you go to the offroadeo since they teach you how to wheel in the Bronco. The rest is all experience so you learn how to pick proper lines etc.
Finally, a helpful comment. I will look into it. Thanks.

OP
OP

td11

First Edition
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can get an 89XJ tomorrow. Will trade and also fix any damage you have on that terrible FE.

I agree completely, you are better off with the XJ. Not kidding, PM me will work it out with you so you are happy with the XJ.
No way I’m trading my FE for an XJ

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally, a helpful comment. I will look into it. Thanks.
If you are completely new to wheeling. have your friends teach you. no harm in asking for guidance. I don't know the trail you were running but you mentioned crossing over a log and having trouble getting up hills. that makes me wonder if you were properly aired down too from the start or were in the proper settings for the vehicle to attack those obstacles. Just couple of quick tips in case (i dont know your experience level)

1. invest in recovery gear!!!
2. buy a compressor so you can air your tires back up
3. air down your tires properly based on the trail. If you don't know... pretty sure there's plenty of youtube videos out there regarding your specific trail that you can study up on before you venture out.
4. avoid wheeling solo (but at least you had you XJ buddy with you this time)
5. learn the features of the bronco (bronco offroadeo is a great place to learn all this)
6. patience and practice
7. have fun and be safe! if you are hesitant about an obstacle and have a secondary easier route to go around, no harm in returning to that obstacle another day when you are more confident in your ability

The Bronco is plenty capable out of the gate especially with the Sasquatch Package (which I believe the FE came with)

Last edited:

DaddyMuffin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two convertibles, a station wagon, and a bus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi OP -

The reason people here are in a bit of disbelief and calling you a troll is because your Bronco should be able to wheel circles around your friends old XJ.

That being saId, its also about the driver and his/her general understanding of both driving off-road and using the Broncos tools.

So - off roadeo good, driving with helpful friends better.

Sounds like your XJ buddy could have been a little more helpful to you.

Find a good group, preferably one with some Bronco owners, and I think your next trail experience will be very different.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP's "First Edition"
Ford Bronco How to make my Bronco better offroad? 17BD2212-0FC8-4B9E-BABC-48DA6406E264-1024x576

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like a problem with the Steering Wheel-Driver’s Seat Interface Module