Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey there… fellow FE owner here. I’m also not willing to rock crawl like others on the trail… but, I’ll be fine rubbing tree branches and such, as I’ve put a nice full body paint protection film. Now, with that said, I’ve gone mudding and have tackled some serious technical challenges. Just today I was conquering trails in a heavy rainstorm in Big Bear, CA. I’m very confident in it.

Please note, try to never go alone, get simple recovery gear, and perhaps a radio or Garmin InReach for emergency communication. Everything helps build confidence.

You need to learn how to use the vehicle, watch online vids and perhaps go to the Bronco Off-road class; it may be hard to get to, but it should be free for you. Hit those locker switches (learn when to do so) and always hit the sway bar disconnect.

It is a great vehicle, but yes, as an FE, you might be a bit timid. I won’t get started on my nerves over my engine blowing a valve or breaking a tie rod (sweat)…

Good luck!
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the non initiated. Here is what makes it seem like a troll post. The last sentence is a giveaway if you hadn't noticed before then.

Hi folks. I have a stock Bronco First Edition. I finally took it to a trail yesterday and my friends son was also there so we off-roaded together. He has a 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ, also mostly stock and he was doing way better than me offroad. (Getting up hills I couldn’t, going over logs I couldn’t) He dosent have lockers or solid axles so I was confused. I need to find out how to make my Bronco better or I may just trade it for an XJ. Also does anyone have a good body shop to recommend because my Bronco is a bit beat up from offroad use.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi folks. I have a stock Bronco First Edition. I finally took it to a trail yesterday and my friends son was also there so we off-roaded together. He has a 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ, also mostly stock and he was doing way better than me offroad. (Getting up hills I couldn’t, going over logs I couldn’t) He dosent have lockers or solid axles so I was confused. I need to find out how to make my Bronco better or I may just trade it for an XJ. Also does anyone have a good body shop to recommend because my Bronco is a bit beat up from offroad use.

Let me first say you are getting that reaction because people have come on here for many years and posted some stuff that is way out there. (off the wall comments that do not make sense) just to stir things up and get peoples panties in a bunch. And your first post was not very detailed and that is why you got the reaction you got.

ANY Bronco will kick ass and take names...........

I went on a ride a drive at a legit off road park and I can tell you first hand that I drove a non-squatched, only had a rear locker, OBX (a less capable Bronco than yours) and I went 2/3rds of the way through in normal mode and 2WD without the rear locker. Why?? Because I was busy shooting the shit with the guide and she was just listening to me and enjoying the ride. Now to be truthful I am an experienced off roader so I was picking my lines, keeping up my momentum, she would keep saying "You have done this before??" :LOL: it wasn't until I got to small rocky section that I finally got hung up. We both chuckled and she hit the locker and I put it in 4WD.

My first suggestion to you is .........You need to go to an Off Rodeo event and learn how to properly drive and use your Bronco. I highly doubt anything is broken. You just do not understand how to use and drive your bad to the bone nasty little mind twister. ;) You should have ate that XJ for lunch and spit it out like an old piece of gum.

Another thing is if you are truly going to off road your steed you cannot be afraid of damage (scratches/dents) it is inevitable. You will get yourself into trouble if you are trying to avoid damage by getting into situations that will cause more damage than what you are avoiding.

Congrats on the FE, by the way. I would say nice ride but no pics.:)

Sponsored

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do not mean this sarcastically at all.

Best way make Bronco better for you my guess would be is driver training.

That would be my guess.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You didn’t say how far you‘d be willing to drive for a “good body shop”. I hear there are a couple very nice ones in Kazakhstan.

If you aren’t a troll, why not have your friends son drive the bronco with you in the passenger seat so he can teach you how to wheel it.

Reactions: jxc

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get the new stronger steering rack. Most say it is an easy upgrade.
I would recommend they upgrade to keyless entry, because locking yourself out off-road could be devastating!

By the way OP, last 5 digits of your VIN if you want to prove that you are not a troll. My last 5 are 76229.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Were you in 4 wheel drive? I used to own an XJ. They are capable, but my friends TJ would outwheel me. Did you engage the lockers? Front and rear? With 35s and lockers you can go far and farther than an xj.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe you should let your wife or girlfriend drive!

Last edited:

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP's "First Edition"
17BD2212-0FC8-4B9E-BABC-48DA6406E264-1024x576.jpg
Ok, if you are right, this makes everything clear. If he ghost this thread, then I think you are on to something.
Can you imagine having a Bronco Sport and thinking it's a real Bronco. Then finding out on a forum. That would SUCK!!

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi folks. I have a stock Bronco First ...
Somebody add a line to the delivery check list for 'full traction fluid reservior". Mine came about a qt and a half low and was having the same issue as yours. Turns out they installed the wrong dip stick. The purple cap stick is from the Ford F251 Tacoma and its about 3/4 inch too long. (That's wht she said) The bronco 2.9l engine needs the Cyber Yellow stick and takes 8.6 quarts of full synthetic traction fluid.
Sponsored