First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. How do we decline any updates that aren't 100% necessary for safety?

2. I'm not ok with my vehicle being randomly inoperable for an hour. What if there is an emergency? Was this supposed to be disclosed to us before buying the vehicle? I was pretty knowledgeable about everything and didn't hear this before.

Edit: Or what if my wife is working late somewhere and the car decides it's parked for the night and updates leaving her unable to leave until the update is done?
Ummm....hmmmm...how do I say this delicately? Read the post!
Sponsored

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of this is helpful.

Let's think of an easy scenario. Sick kid you want to take to the ER at 2 AM.

Your Bronco is parked outside overnight so all of those requirements in the list you posted will be met. Update happens and according to FORD you can't unlock the doors.

How do you do any of those things to stop the update?

So try again I guess or just admit you didn't know there were complex updates that may not let you use the vehicle for up to an hour.

I didn't know until this post today.
Some people just love to complain. Sell your Bronco.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ummm....hmmmm...how do I say this delicately? Read the post!
No need to be delicate. You're wrong. All of that got added later via an edit. The original post by the Ford rep had only the first part and everything else got added later in response to my questions.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Still confused. What vehicle features or systems does this apply to??

Lt. Ron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco 1986 flareside, 2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
3:00 am and the Tones go off for a structure fire, ....Sorry you can't go....maybe in a hour IF the update was successful....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3:00 am and the Tones go off for a structure fire, ....Sorry you can go....maybe in a hour IF the update was successful....
It's 3am... Do you know where your bronco is?

Last edited:

FUB6G

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
3:00 am and the Tones go off for a structure fire, ....Sorry you can go....maybe in a hour IF the update was successful....
Personally I feel like you should evaluate the probability that "Tones" are going to go off at the exact same time as an OTA non-drivable update. I'm no rocket surgeon, but I'd bet you a bottle off the top shelf that this will never happen to you while you own a Bronco.

-Jason

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can imagine where a hospital staff member, military service member, or other emergency responder is unaware that automatic updates could make their vehicle unavailable for 45 minutes gets the call, heads out to the vehicle, and finds out that they can't respond. Let's use the example of a spouse or other person driving the vehicle schedules the update.

Do you think my command is going to be ok with this excuse? ;)

FWIW, as hospital staff, I could easily see this happening... as I routinely get called in at all hours when on-call for the ER.

Lt. Ron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya just don't know, and it the people that dont understand are the ones saying " it took along time for EMS, of Fire dept to show at MY emergency, the bastards"....

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I feel like you should evaluate the probability that "Tones" are going to go off at the exact same time as an OTA non-drivable update. I'm no rocket surgeon, but I'd bet you a bottle off the top shelf that this will never happen to you while you own a Bronco.

-Jason
What I think is crappy is volunteer firemen are literally forced to buy broncos as response vehicles

I just don’t understand how they can be forced to buy them

here they drive teslas

so if the grid is down so are the firemen

Lt. Ron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
We're not "forced" to buy anything. But a FYI.... approximately 80% of all fire departments in the U.S are volunteer departments. It's not like the Show Chicago Fire were we sit around and are in trucks within 60 seconds when "toned out" We are at home, or work and response times are longer already.
Now as a Volunteer , most of us have our Bunker gear and rescue/ EMS equipment in our cars/trucks. so when the sh** hits the fan "your off to the races"
Now your personal vehicle must be ID'd as a First responder (no matter what you buy) and have blue or red lights installed for this so (most of the time) people get out of the way....

Sooooo lets take the 3am call, Wake up realize what's going on get dressed and off to the garage, if you got one, so ya don't have to clean the snow off, hop in and....nothing... updating.

OK run back to the house grab the keys to the other car,.... Oh, that's right, I have to move all the gear to the other car (hope ya don't forget something) and drive away in the un-marked car and travel at "the flow of traffic" speeds and no one needs to move out of the way.

Sorry your wife died of cardiac arrest..
This DOES happen now with slower response times....

My department is on the last Diesel ambulance, caus we can't take the risk of it "regenerating" to keep the EPA happy.

This has happened to our newest Engine/Tank on a routine inspection run, went into limp mode to Regenerate....
And if all newer vehicles do this "updating" well, you'll have to live with it.

Why do we carry our stuff with us you ask, "just leave it in the Firehouse"? with me, I may have to respond to 1 of 2 Houses, North side and South, Leave it in the North and crap is going on in the south = double the trip... Just going to the dump or some where? pretty instant response cause it's with you....

"forced to buy a Bronco"...Stupid statement.....

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can we just go back to regular car radios that just work?

I've had enough experience with computers crashing and locking up, that I'd rather not have to worry about that from my car. Hopefully these updates aren't too frequent and annoying, and Ford doesn't accidentally release any broken updates that glitch out the truck.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we just go back to regular car radios that just work?

I've had enough experience with computers crashing and locking up, that I'd rather not have to worry about that from my car. Hopefully these updates aren't too frequent and annoying, and Ford doesn't accidentally release any broken updates that glitch out the truck.
Just call your grandkids over 🤣
Sponsored