Sponsored

How to protect exposed spare tire from the elements??

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was wondering this because I have never had an exposed spare tire. I purchased Meguiars endurance tire sprays which has UV protection. Instructions say obviously to avoid tread (only spray on sidewall) because the tires can get slippery. But what about the spare?? Should I spray on the tread to protect it from UV? I will be eventually rotate that tire but I’m the meantime spraying a tire dressing with UV protectant on the tread doesn’t sound as a bad idea. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was wondering this because I have never had an exposed spare tire. I purchased Meguiars endurance tire sprays which has UV protection. Instructions say obviously to avoid tread (only spray on sidewalk) because the tires can get slippery. But what about the spare?? Should I spray on the tread to protect it from UV? I will be eventually rotate that tire but I’m the meantime spraying a tire dressing with UV protectant on the tread doesn’t sound as a bad idea. What do you guys think?
A cover?

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perl @ 100% strength I love that shit

Ford Bronco How to protect exposed spare tire from the elements?? FEA8FE1F-44F7-41C6-9FC4-4334C41D2C99

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh? I have an exposed spare on my jeep, camper & the Bronco, all get rotated in every 3k miles. In 9yrs of owning the jeep, zero issues. Camper 3yrs zero issues.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was wondering this because I have never had an exposed spare tire. I purchased Meguiars endurance tire sprays which has UV protection. Instructions say obviously to avoid tread (only spray on sidewalk) because the tires can get slippery. But what about the spare?? Should I spray on the tread to protect it from UV? I will be eventually rotate that tire but I’m the meantime spraying a tire dressing with UV protectant on the tread doesn’t sound as a bad idea. What do you guys think?
????? This is a new one for me.

in 34 years of owning Jeeps I've never had any problems with the exposed spare tire.

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
TBH, you're over thinking that this is an issue. The tire exposed on the back of the Bronco's tailgate will be fine...just like all the other tires and everything else. Go drive your Bronco, enjoy the amazing vehicle it is, and don't worry about the little things.

OP
OP
feralc

feralc

Outer Banks
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
TBH, you're over thinking that this is an issue. The tire exposed on the back of the Bronco's tailgate will be fine...just like all the other tires and everything else. Go drive your Bronco, enjoy the amazing vehicle it is, and don't worry about the little things.
Not that I am “worried” but because the tire dressing has UV protection I was wondering if I could apply it on the tread
When I removed the excess of the sidewall the microfiber cloth had some on it (it is like baby oil) and I just wiped the whole tire with it. If it doesn’t help at least the spare tire looks pretty amazing.
I will recommend this product though, pretty easy to apply even on aggressive tire with a lot of sidewall tread and because it is like baby oil you can spread it around pretty easily

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All tires are exposed but the ones turning avoid dry rot exactly because of that, because they are rotating
Wouldnt it take much longer for dry rot to settle in that when its time to rotate tires? Unless you only plan on rotating 4..