First Name
Tarikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town and country
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tarikh, most 35s arenā€™t exactly 35.0ā€ in diameter. For example, Sasquatch tires (LT315/70 R17) are 34.4ā€ diameter, so the circumference for that tire would be 2741 mm. Not a big difference between 2741 and 2791, but itā€™s still smaller. So be sure to use your exact tire diameter, and not the nominal diameter marketed by the tire maker. Might as well be exact, if you can. šŸ‘

2E71A43C-3914-4506-B1FD-E4302BFBE9FF.jpeg

Source: 2021 Bronco Factory Tire Size & Wheel Size Comparisons (Circumference, Diameter, Height, Width, Bolt Pattern, Center Bore)
Thanks fam Iā€™m going to check the manufacture Iā€™m running ko2s. Glad to have you guys to run ideas by.

OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome thanks for sharing! If you get time can you check to see if thereā€™s an option to enable a fog light button?

We found out the wiring is there for the fogs (even when theyā€™re missing like on the mod bumper). If it can be enabled on Forscan then all that would be needed is a switch and some aftermarket lights šŸ˜Ž
Donā€™t want to give the impression that this is my video. Iā€™m not brave enough to try this myself at this point. I am just happy to see a shade tree up-fitter can accomplish this so easily. As far as the fog lights.... I would think forscan would be unnecessary. If wires are there I would think a simple switch to connect them should do the trick. But Iā€™ve only worked on 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s vehicles.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My tires are 35/12.5R17 I got 2791 for the circumference. Am I right guys?
Iā€™m going from base tires.
Thatā€™s what I started at , but after driving it it had went the other direction and speedometer said I was going faster than GPS.

Dialed it back a little at a time until I ended up at 2600mm which is less than actual tire circumference but what gets everything synced up.

HypebeastDad

Base
First Name
Tarikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town and country
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thatā€™s what I started at , but after driving it it had went the other direction and speedometer said I was going faster than GPS.

Dialed it back a little at a time until I ended up at 2600mm which is less than actual tire circumference but what gets everything synced up.
Thank you. Iā€™m on YouTube thanking you also.

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bronc-Itus unfortunately modern cars don't use the direct from switch to relay wiring like the old cars used to. Now everything is controlled by the computer. all turning on you headlight switch does is sends a command to the BCM which actually turns on the lights. It is the same with the windows and just about every other function. To add fogs using the factory headlight switch would require enabling that option using Forscan, the proper wiring being present in the harness, and the connection being present in the fuse block. Luckily we have the up-fitter switches that we can use.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@evilletruck did the step through to do this work smooth for you? Any other gremlins jump out during the process?

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wondering if anybody has tried to calibrate there speedo with Forscan. I did mine and when I changed my tire circumference to proper size i went from reading under to over my actual speed and lost my cruise control. I have the 2.3L with a manual transmission so Iā€™m just wondering if anyone has a solution for this.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wondering if anybody has tried to calibrate there speedo with Forscan. I did mine and when I changed my tire circumference to proper size i went from reading under to over my actual speed and lost my cruise control. I have the 2.3L with a manual transmission so Iā€™m just wondering if anyone has a solution for this.

Same happened to me, had to dial the number back incrementally ( did @ 100 mm ) each time until it all synced up, started at 2792 went to 2691, and then 2600 which was right on.

Sponsored

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@evilletruck did the step through to do this work smooth for you? Any other gremlins jump out during the process?
Went smoothly did get some codes but once I ran PCM and AWD relearn and cleared DTC. they stayed away.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always had a question about this - how does cruise control work with a manual ? If you are in 6th going 55 on the highway using Cruise control - and suddenly traffic slows to 40, I guess you are responsible for downshifting - but what happens if you have ACC ? I guess ACC does not exist for manuals ?

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same happened to me, had to dial the number back incrementally ( did @ 100 mm ) each time until it all synced up, started at 2792 went to 2691, and then 2600 which was right on.
Aft
After you found the right number was your cruise still working fine or did you have to do anything else.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aft

After you found the right number was your cruise still working fine or did you have to do anything else.

It's been working fine, didn't try it at all as I was adjusting it, but since its been set I haven't had any issues.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just curious about the video as far as the original tire size he had for the 265/70r17s. It showed 2440 as the circ. I use the tire size calc and it shows 2520 to be the correct setting for these tires. I wonder why the initial setting was so different.
Sponsored